British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Plymouth managed to get a 3ptr signed early on so not really an argument,just poor team building!

but your 3 pointer had ridden for you last season and was not good enough to hit a 3 point average I believe.

So hardly the same.

We could have had Rob back if he had not made as much improvement as he did.

Plymouth managed to get a 3ptr signed early on so not really an argument,just poor team building!

How is it not? I think you will find the majority of NL riders would find it easier to get to Plymouth on a Friday than Edinburgh.

If you can find us a reasonably priced NL rider that can do the job and willing to travel up here then I'm sure our management will be extremely grateful.

Think Ryan Blacklock would be a good shout, not that far to travel but with a few other teams riding NL on a Friday night who would take preference NL or pl as the rider would probably make more riding NL than PL mind you that goes for all the NL riders it's going to be hard to fit all their matches in especially max who is riding in 3 leagues

Think this shows that's these "average" measures do nothing for the sport.All it does is make ordinary riders become much sought after just like lowering the league averages in previous years made 2nd strings the most sought after riders.Young riders should just have the desire to suceed and get on with it.If they can't afford the sport just get out of it.

• Like 1

Why would putting the 3 pointer first or last make a difference? They have to be bang on 3.00 either way?

Means getting the best ones, but like i said earlier they were gone probably before the bspa conference.

Don't agree one bit with 3 point ruling. Would see some merit in it if riders were under say 21 and we were genuinely developing YOUNG British riders.

Even if someone at the BSPA did the maths, they won't all average 3 across a season.

Why not make it 1.5 say and then if they don't hit 3 per meeting regularly their lack of scoring makes less difference to the team score (in theory) and then they can be given the space and time to develop?

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1