British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

The only rider I can think of who came back after a long time out and resumed top form was Lee Complin (who was much younger when he came back) all the others who have tried after five-year-plus gaps failed pretty miserably.

Andrew Silver made a brief return in 2009 after a 12 year absence. May not have been a great success, but was hugely entertaining. Scored a maximum in one of his last meetings and held a mid 5 point average when injury cut short his season. He was in the Rockets side at Berwick when Lawson was riding for the Bandits Edited by Shads

Can't see Lawson returning on a 3.00 and at age of 29. Saying that not many of the 3.00 number 7 riders are teenagers which I thought was what this new ruling was meant to encourage.

Have to agree with you on this rider development ethos.

I just don't see it.

I don't see why peeps are so hung up on age.

Time in the sport maybe but not age.

Was John Louis not about 29 or 30 when he started?

Started that is the key word, if Lawson was to make a comeback he would not be starting his speedway career he would be reviving it.

The 3 point reserve idea was not devised for the likes of Lawson to revive their careers.

I wasn't meaning the Lawson situation.

(I don't see him coming back anyway.)

I was actually referring to this part of Endeavour's post - "Saying that not many of the 3.00 number 7 riders are teenagers which I thought was what this new ruling was meant to encourage."

I wasn't meaning the Lawson situation.

(I don't see him coming back anyway.)

I was actually referring to this part of Endeavour's post - "Saying that not many of the 3.00 number 7 riders are teenagers which I thought was what this new ruling was meant to encourage."

Just realise that apologies for the misunderstanding.

I don't see why peeps are so hung up on age.

Time in the sport maybe but not age.

Was John Louis not about 29 or 30 when he started?

Note your point re Louis. Last year Monarchs gave 2 young guys a chance but now due to this 3.00 ruling we can't track them at 6 and 7.