British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Re Fisher i think he will do a good job as 3rd heat leader ,even allowing he was 3rd choice after Ritchie W and Josh G who decided to go elsewhere,I believe Glasgow contacted Fisher early on but his demands were to excesive. Now they have the fans trust Edinburgh can go back to paying rates that Glasgow cant match

You don't half like coming on this thread and try and stir it.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2276

Good positive interview with the fish.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

Re Fisher i think he will do a good job as 3rd heat leader ,even allowing he was 3rd choice after Ritchie W and Josh G who decided to go elsewhere,I believe Glasgow contacted Fisher early on but his demands were to excesive. Now they have the fans trust Edinburgh can go back to paying rates that Glasgow cant match

Your remarks are usually fair and accurate but you have completely the wrong end of the stick here. Absolutely totally wrong. Everyone in speedway knows that, effectively, all other teams wait till Glasgow purchase their team, and then select from what's left. Riders who have not been selected by Glasgow, or were selected then dumped, have to go back to more modest rates.

The Fans Trust exist primarily to protect Edinburgh Speedway against the tough times which arise from time to time for all clubs. In no way do they allow the club to increase pay rates and they would be horrified at the suggestion.

• Like 2

Your remarks are usually fair and accurate but you have completely the wrong end of the stick here. Absolutely totally wrong. Everyone in speedway knows that, effectively, all other teams wait till Glasgow purchase their team, and then select from what's left. Riders who have not been selected by Glasgow, or were selected then dumped, have to go back to more modest rates.

The Fans Trust exist primarily to protect Edinburgh Speedway against the tough times which arise from time to time for all clubs. In no way do they allow the club to increase pay rates and they would be horrified at the suggestion.

This is just completely made up, isn't it?

Have to laugh at the idea that the fans trust know what Edinburgh do with their money though!

let us all remind ourselves where Chelsea are in the premier league just now with all their superstars . just because Glasgow have the biggest bank does not guarantee them success . ask jose !

• Like 1

let us all remind ourselves where Chelsea are in the premier league just now with all their superstars . just because Glasgow have the biggest bank does not guarantee them success . ask jose !

But I suspect man City can outspend Chelsea!!

But nice to see the underdogs of Leicester at the top - a bit like the underdogs of Armadale.

It's all down to team spirit.

TBH, Worral was never going to sign for Somerset or Edinburgh once he signed for Belle Vue in the EL.

or before that even...he was Berwick bound allegedly .... So i heard, rumour has it .... I think :) :)

Barker was going to two clubs before Glasgow aswell on the grapevine :)

Edited by Arson fire

Comparing footballers to speedway riders is like comparing fillet steak to economy burgers.

Footballers are contracted for a period of time, often up to 4 or five years. They are paid the agreed amount however poorly they perform. Speedway riders are paid per point. I can only think of three riders in recent years who have deliberately underperformed for a whole season, unfortunately two of them were at my team.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

This is just completely made up, isn't it?

Have to laugh at the idea that the fans trust know what Edinburgh do with their money though!

It is as it suit's his agenda same old same old think he knows everything that goes on at Glasgow when in reality he knows jack sh*t I know we are on an Edinburgh thread but Glasgow seem to pop up here more than they do and they tell us we are obsessed.

Comparing footballers to speedway riders is like comparing fillet steak to economy burgers.

Footballers are contracted for a period of time. They are paid the agreed amount however poorly they perform. Speedway riders are paid per point. I can only think of three riders in recent years who have deliberately underperformed for a whole season, unfortunately two of them were at my team.

We can add the German burger muncher to that total.

It is as it suit's his agenda same old same old think he knows everything that goes on at Glasgow when in reality he knows jack sh*t I know we are on an Edinburgh thread but Glasgow seem to pop up here more than they do and they tell us we are obsessed.

Yet glasgow fans post more on this thread than the Edinburgh fans. Then you wonder why we call you obsessed.

• Like 1