British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

A decent signing for EDI. Despite not hitting the heights over recent seasons he now becomes third heat leader instead of top of the order and the pressures that brings. Add in the confidence that comes from riding Armadale as your home track every week and that EDI are likely better payers than PLY, Fisher is a very shrewd signing.

A decent signing for EDI. Despite not hitting the heights over recent seasons he now becomes third heat leader instead of top of the order and the pressures that brings. Add in the confidence that comes from riding Armadale as your home track every week and that EDI are likely better payers than PLY, Fisher is a very shrewd signing.

when did edinburgh start to become better payers ? news to me .

Spot on george.

No need to be bitter though.

Everyone knows you've got the fantasticist stadium in the world, just no trophies in the cabinet.

But that's because you always play fairest.

What is it they say about the east end - always cheated never defeated?

Spot on george.

No need to be bitter though.

Everyone knows you've got the fantasticist stadium in the world, just no trophies in the cabinet.

But that's because you always play fairest.

What is it they say about the east end - always cheated never defeated?

I'm as far from the east end as is possible.

Fisher on good machinery and his family settled in uk would be a good signing unfortunately I doubt if this will be the case,he dissappointed me at plymouth very selfish not at all a team man amd unpopular with team mates and then to disappear for playoffs was unforgiveable,he should serve a ban at the beginning of the season for withholding his services imo

First I've heard of that rule , not doubting you , but it's incredible how many wee things like that are in the rule book

In amongst a book full of dreadful rules this is one of the better ones, been in place for a few seasons now I believe.

So Fisher replaces Cook

So thats about 7 point a meeting they have lost.

Not a good signing a guy who doesnt get on with his team mates and is on the decline

Now you have to find a better 3 pointer than Branford

And a rider with of an average of 6.12 that can do the job Sedgman did.

Tough season ahead

Edited by Gavan

And on and on and on you go.

No Fish is not replacing Cookie.

Smiler is replacing Cookie and everyone else is moving up.

So Fish becomes 3rd heat leader.

And since we had to lose 5 points off the team average how were we going to do this without the Somerset calculator? And even then that only goes up to 2 or occasionally 4.

And Fish gets on great with the whole team and management and supporters.

And as for decline - that's what they said about Super Agent Kevin when we signed him last season.

Fisher with the correct attitude will do a good job but tends to fall off the bike a bit too often but say what you like about him he is a box office type off rider you would gladly pay the admission to watch if his attitude is right.

Tend to agree with lewy though he really let fan's & management down at Plymouth on walking out on them at play off time and this could be deemed to be with-holding his services.

But all in all a good piece off business by the Monarch's.

And on and on and on you go.

No Fish is not replacing Cookie.

Smiler is replacing Cookie and everyone else is moving up.

So Fish becomes 3rd heat leader.

And since we had to lose 5 points off the team average how were we going to do this without the Somerset calculator? And even then that only goes up to 2 or occasionally 4.

And Fish gets on great with the whole team and management and supporters.

And as for decline - that's what they said about Super Agent Kevin when we signed him last season.

Yes he is.

You had a top 3 of Masters Wolbert and Cook

You have a top 3 of Masters Wolbert and Fisher.

Irrelevent of what number they ride he has replaced Cook

Masters will not score what Cook did

Wolbert will not score what Masters did

Fisher will not score what Wolbert did.

I admit you had to lose points but you have lost the leagues best number 1 and the leagues best second string. Going to be very very tough to replace 20 points a meeting with Fisher and whoever else is signed

Edited by Gavan