British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

As said before you ahve got to find 2 riders who will score about 20 points a meeting which is what Cook and Sedgman would manage most weeks.

Riders are being snapped up and unless the management get it right this could be the season where you drop out the top 6.

Ipswich Glasgow Newcastle and Workington look 4 very strong teams so far

Newcastle look solid as do Workington depending on who their last man is...

However, Ipswich and Glasgow don't look so strong...Glasgow are far too top heavy of which I'm struggling to see which one of them (possibly Worrall exempt) will increase their average... None of the other 3 look likely to give any sort of consistent back-up. I'd be surprised if this is the septet that finish the season...

Ipswich look about as interesting as an evening with Nicola Sturgeon... On paper they look ok, but it's not won on paper...

To me, the best team so far that's completed look to be Sheffield if they can steer clear of the dreaded injuries...

As for Edinburgh... last two seasons are always going to be hard to follow after losing our talisman and high scoring second string... However I trust the management to at least pull one surprise out of the last remaining places and we'll be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

How about adam ellis and a 9 pointer? Could THJ be tempted would he fit :P

Could THJ be our 3pointer - if we used his Armadale average???? :rofl:

Edited by Nutz
  • Like 1

However, Ipswich and Glasgow don't look so strong...Glasgow are far too top heavy of which I'm struggling to see which one of them (possibly Worrall exempt) will increase their average... None of the other 3 look likely to give any sort of consistent back-up. I'd be surprised if this is the septet that finish the season...

Ipswich look about as interesting as an evening with Nicola Sturgeon... On paper they look ok, but it's not won on paper...

To me, the best team so far that's completed look to be Sheffield if they can steer clear of the dreaded injuries...

As for Edinburgh... last two seasons are always going to be hard to follow after losing our talisman and high scoring second string... However I trust the management to at least pull one surprise out of the last remaining places and we'll be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

Ipswich and Glasgow have the strongest top 5 in the league followed by Newcastle not sure how you cant see that. But as you say leagues are not won on paper.

Did he do 4 meetings at home. :D:P

• Like 1

Disappointed to heat this. He might improve his average, but certainly won't add 2 points. More to the point he is a very different rider now to the one who left Edinburgh a few seasons ago. I hope I works, but based on his last few appearances at the Dale, he could lose to reserves and doesn't inspire any confidence in me for tough ht15.