British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Who in their right mind would fork out 30K-40K for a rider who is also going to ride abroad and risk being injured[hope not] when you can sign him on a loan agreement same as Fricke.

Belle Vue bought Max on a full transfer and I expect Cookie to be the same, based on valuations of other riders and sums that have been paid in the past I think £40,000 is a fair value. Although as others have said it is only fair if you find someone willing to pay it

Belle Vue bought Max on a full transfer and I expect Cookie to be the same, based on valuations of other riders and sums that have been paid in the past I think £40,000 is a fair value. Although as others have said it is only fair if you find someone willing to pay it

Compared to Darcy Ward who was £26,000? Is Cook really worth almost £10-20k more?

Well they paid half that for Lawson so sounds about right to me!

Well Mr Blobby here we have an interesting problem - so did Glasgow pay £20,000 for Lawson. think theres 2 options. lets assume they did (shock horror you must be joking) the only way you could know that is if a promotor/owner told you. why would Glasgow or Workington even speak to you? So who else might know lets see someone at the top of the BSPA who is given confidential information, information that shouldn't be leaked under any circumstances, say for example a Mr Harkness. The enxt question is did he pass this info straight to you or via a 3rd/4th party - not looking good is it? I suppose the second option is that you are talking manure, again.

• Like 1

Well Mr Blobby here we have an interesting problem - so did Glasgow pay £20,000 for Lawson. think theres 2 options. lets assume they did (shock horror you must be joking) the only way you could know that is if a promotor/owner told you. why would Glasgow or Workington even speak to you? So who else might know lets see someone at the top of the BSPA who is given confidential information, information that shouldn't be leaked under any circumstances, say for example a Mr Harkness. The enxt question is did he pass this info straight to you or via a 3rd/4th party - not looking good is it? I suppose the second option is that you are talking manure, again.

Alex no even the chairman any more and it's still his fault! (Alex has nothing to do with what i was told by the way) and who says what i was told was true anyway.

Now calm down and relax a little eh.

Dig deeper!

Alex no even the chairman

Who said he was? Never mentioned in the post.

Alex no even the chairman any more and it's still his fault! (Alex has nothing to do with what i was told by the way) and who says what i was told was true anyway.

Why bother posting it then you put untruths on here and really it is like a tabloid newspaper, in respect to this story isn't accurate but lets print it anyway as it is a good headline your credibility Mr B continues its downward spiral.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Why bother posting it then you put untruths on here and really it is like a tabloid newspaper, in respect to this story isn't accurate but lets print it anyway as it is a good headline your credibility Mr B continues its downward spiral.

Has been very interesting observing MrB's MO on here overtime.

Very.

its HARKESS , not harkness. not that i am bothered . but thought i would spell it out for people like myself who called him harkNess when replying to posters on here .

not much happening on here now the inside info man has stepped down .

• Like 1

its HARKESS , not harkness. not that i am bothered . but thought i would spell it out for people like myself who called him harkNess when replying to posters on here .

not much happening on here now the inside info man has stepped down .

As in The Loch Ess Monster?

• Like 2

Compared to Darcy Ward who was £26,000? Is Cook really worth almost £10-20k more?

Definitely not...............he will never have Darcy's skill and talent as a rider.............which is sadly a talent we are unlikely to ever see again in this sport...........

RP

• Like 2

Not many riders in history have had Ward's natural ability on a bike and after a stuttered career the young man seemed to have turned a corner before his tragic accident. BUT if silly money is offered for Craig Cook who has been pretty injury free in his career and a consistent performer who are Edinburgh to turn it down? Sport is littered with examples of over the top fees being paid for clubs wanting to get their man. Don't know if it would be more fruitful to take an annual loan fee. As I posted before if Cookie comes back to PL in few years down the line would like to see him back at the Monarchs.

Not many riders in history have had Ward's natural ability on a bike and after a stuttered career the young man seemed to have turned a corner before his tragic accident. BUT if silly money is offered for Craig Cook who has been pretty injury free in his career and a consistent performer who are Edinburgh to turn it down? Sport is littered with examples of over the top fees being paid for clubs wanting to get their man. Don't know if it would be more fruitful to take an annual loan fee. As I posted before if Cookie comes back to PL in few years down the line would like to see him back at the Monarchs.

Think the point is no one's going to pay silly money.

Well Blobby totally agree Alex isnae the chairman anymore but we are talking about when Lawson was transferred to Glasgow - remember the post below - which was before the start of the 2015 season when a Mr Harkess (thanks Jenga) was chairman. Notice you admit you were told something and therefore option one applies, a shame as I was convinced it was option 2 (manure) - my original post is below as a reminder.

Its also good to know as Gaz has commented you don't care if you post the truth or not - says it all.

Think the point is no one's going to pay silly money.

My point exactly........and what has gone on around Darcy has nothing to do with why he commanded the fee he did..........Cook does not have the naturally ability or talent that Darcy has to command that sort of fee whether he has been injury free or not...............

RP

• Like 1

Riders don't set the fees.

I never said they do..........I just suggested that Cook was did not have the natural ability and talent to get the same sort of fee (for the club) that Darcy did injury free or not........

RP

Cook might not have darcy's natural talent but he has worked on his speedway skills and is now hot property. Imo someone who hasn't got the natural ability but takes strides like cook has in the sport has earned his status. He's Craig Cook thats his brand he ain't trying to be anybody else so no need to compare him to other riders.

Edited by baba
  • Like 8