British Speedway Forum

New John Louis Book

TonyMac

BRAND NEW FROM RETRO SPEEDWAY . . .
THE 2015 SPEEDWAY BOOK OF THE YEAR

Ipswich & England legend

JOHN LOUIS: A Life in Speedway

From local part-time scrambles rookie to international speedway superstar, read the compelling story of John 'Tiger' Louis and his meteoric rise that catapulted him to the status of World No.3, British Champion, winner of three World Team Cups, a World Pairs title and every major domestic honour with his beloved Witches as rider and promoter.

If you have ever stood on the terraces at Foxhall Heath, The Shay or Saddlebow Road and watched in awe as he used his exceptional skill to win matches and successfully help lesser team-mates, or you have admired JL from afar as one of British speedway's all-time greats, then this book is a must.

* 256 pages (inc 32 in full colour), softback

* Lavishly illustrated with approx. 200 photos spanning John's illustrious career, including many previously unseen pictures from his personal collection.

* Tributes section, with contributions from former team-mates, rivals, supporters and media.

ORDER YOUR COPY OF JL'S NEW BOOK HERE FOR £16
- POST-FREE IN THE UK

On sale late November 2015
Guaranteed delivery for Xmas

Phone: Call Retro Speedway on 01708 734 502.

Online: Visit www.retro-speedway.com and pay using the secure PayPal facility.

Post: Send cheque/postal order (payable to Retro Speedway) for £16 to: Retro Speedway (Louis Book), 103 Douglas Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1AW
Add £6.00 per book when ordering from outside the UK.

This looks to be a must for my Christmas present. I used to watch John on the Scrambles circuit and then he became one of my favourite Speedway riders.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got this one on order! Although not my favourite rider I'm hoping he'll have some interesting things to say about the sport during his time as a rider and nowadays promoter! I've read John Berry's comments as to why he decided to go without John and would be interested to read John's side of events.

• Like 1

I've got this one on order! Although not my favourite rider I'm hoping he'll have some interesting things to say about the sport during his time as a rider and nowadays promoter! I've read John Berry's comments as to why he decided to go without John and would be interested to read John's side of events.

Not long to wait now, Steve. We're just in the final stages of production and the book will go to press early next week.

Thanks for your pre-order.

• 1 month later...

Louis book soars

SALES of the new John Louis book continue to soar and within a few days of the launch, publishers Retro Speedway were already anticipating a re-print.

The Ipswich Witches legend launched A Life in Speedway at Foxhall Community Centre in his home-town last Thursday, when several hundred fans turned out to chat to him and get his 288-page book signed in person.

Louis said: "It was great to see how many people turned up and I was amazed to find that some had travelled from as far away as Newcastle and the Midlands. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting to everyone and to hear that my racing days had brought so much enjoyment to them."

'Tiger' John, who retains a promoting interest in Ipswich with his son Chris, has another book signing scheduled for WH Smith's in Ipswich town centre this Thursday (December 10), from 5.00-8.00pm.

"The response to JL's book has been incredible and it looks like we'll need to order a re-print," said Retro Speedway's Tony McDonald.

"The launch night went extremely well. As well as spending three hours patiently chatting to fans and signing books, like the fine ambassador he is, John was also interviewed by Donovan Blake for ITV, who broadcast it to millions of viewers in the Anglia region. It wasn't just great publicity for the book itself, it was also excellent PR for Ipswich Speedway and the sport in general."

If it works, you can view the ITV footage by following the link below:

https://www.facebook...86170671477053/

If it doesn't work for some reason, simply visit the dedicated group Facebook page called John Louis: A Life in Speedway. You may like to visit the page anyway, to view many comments posted by group members.

You can order the Louis book (£16, post-free) from us at Retro Speedway by phoning 01708 734 502 or visit www.retro-speedway.com

How many of today's riders would manage to convince WH Smith's that they were worthy of a high street book shop signing?

John Louis did and sales of A Lifetime in Speedway at the WHS Ipswich branch a few days ago were on a par with figures achieved by Ipswich Town footballers.

• Like 2