British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Not sure how "healed" it is, but he's going to give it a go.

Makes me wince thinking about it! Even with it all strapped up it will be painful. Hope he comes through unscathed and gets some good points to make it worthwhile.

Some laughable comments on Eastbourne Facebook. In response to the appeal for fundraising to get Gary cottham a new bike someone wrote " maybe it first should put their hands in their pocket"! Hmm good job you don't negotiate sponsorship we would be dead and buried by now.

Alex as the club sponsor I am very disappointed to read those comments. Like you guys I am a speedway fan and I'm glad to help the club with business and financial support to a promotion who work their socks off to bring speedway and success back to the Eagles. People who post I'll thought out comments like that should take a long look in the mirror and think before they post. Thanks for your support.
  • Like 2

Alex as the club sponsor I am very disappointed to read those comments. Like you guys I am a speedway fan and I'm glad to help the club with business and financial support to a promotion who work their socks off to bring speedway and success back to the Eagles. People who post I'll thought out comments like that should take a long look in the mirror and think before they post. Thanks for your support.

All the sponsors are doing a brilliant job to bring the club back to its best and as shown from last season and the start of this one everyone is committed to do the best they can for it. As a fan I didn't hesitate to put some money towards the collection for cottham as I want our riders to do well and he clearly had the passion after his races that day as you could see on the parade laps! And as I've said true fans help their club achieve not make silly comments!
  • Like 4

From what i can see that Eastbourne is run on a very tight budget as most of the NL tracks are, they are very lucky that a company like IT First have sponsored them but also the fact that the guy from the company takes and interest in the Club and he can hold a converstaion about speedway and not just the guy who has put the money in and walked away with lots of demands.

It really does get to me that people who always ask sponsors to help a little bit more then again and again, We have it at our company where we sponsor events and it really does bite at me thinking that people can come along and ask for more because they are short of money or they need some more money.

Why dont they put a note collection bucket in the Entrance and only notes and your be amazed what can be done with just that little bit extra cash for a rider that needs it, the only problem how do you pick a rider that needs more help then another?

Going back to the team sponsor i think he has done a great job and the fact that he has opened the eyes to the way the management are working is for the best interest for the club.

• Like 1

From what i can see that Eastbourne is run on a very tight budget as most of the NL tracks are, they are very lucky that a company like IT First have sponsored them but also the fact that the guy from the company takes and interest in the Club and he can hold a converstaion about speedway and not just the guy who has put the money in and walked away with lots of demands.

It really does get to me that people who always ask sponsors to help a little bit more then again and again, We have it at our company where we sponsor events and it really does bite at me thinking that people can come along and ask for more because they are short of money or they need some more money.

Why dont they put a note collection bucket in the Entrance and only notes and your be amazed what can be done with just that little bit extra cash for a rider that needs it, the only problem how do you pick a rider that needs more help then another?

Going back to the team sponsor i think he has done a great job and the fact that he has opened the eyes to the way the management are working is for the best interest for the club.

what you mean like the money for the neck braces last season or the £900 announced over the tannoy for cottham's equipment at the buxton meeting?

the fans are no more of a cash machine than the sponsors are. i also think a 'notes only bucket' would get short shift aswell.

Edited by gee jay

Form what i have seen this year is that all the riders are still using the neck Braces the ones from last year have been returned and are being used, but i have to say Cottham didnt have one on when he crashed but maybe that was because he hadnt ridden for a bit and didnt want to get the feeling something was different, maybe a neck brace would have saved his collerbone?

As for his bike i will be interested to see the photos and see how is coming along has anyone seen an update?

. Thanks for your support It First is the name on the sponsorship but all the funding comes from personally and I take great pride in seeing the management and team do well delivering 4 trophies last season. It has been and education working closely with Martin & Connor and some fans just don't realise the effort money and hard work that goes on behind the scenes to put speedway on at all.
  • Like 1

Gary is still waiting for a date for his operation which was delayed due to a bad RTI which the hospital had to deal with.

Oh I didn't know he needed an op hope he gets better soon