British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

There are few world class riders racing over here these days. You'd think EL costs would be lower now

Didn't Nicki Pedersen say a few years ago that all that's happened is that the top riders wages are now being paid to the riders who have become the top riders in the elite league because the real top riders don't ride here anymore. That sentence reads like I've had a drink. Lol

• Like 2

Cradley got nothin cus we av an average team thou, nothin to do with the track,we will struggle away all seAson

When you build a top heavy team like Cradley you must have a start reserve or it will always be a struggle. Probably luck ythat Chessell is really on song to be fair.

In other news ex Eastbourne Eagle Nick Phillips signs for IOW as Matt Saul has got bored. Will be interesting to see how Nick fares on a bigger home track?

Good luck to Nick think the rounder turns will suit his style as opposed to the tight ones at Eastbourne

With the cradley saga do you feel the management have kind of gone off the ball since the big guns joined, past 4 years cradley win everything, Birmingham come along same home track and win the league, Eastbourne come along win the ko cup gold cup national trophy. This year they've built a team way too top heavy and I can't see them doing much anywhere. Maybe cradley were the big fish small pond and now they have met their matches In Eastbourne and Birmingham and they aren't the dominant force they once was

• Like 2

Good news about Nick, i think the track at Eastbourne didnt do him any favors the same as the track does to charlie powell (CP), but the way CP went in our last meeting i think he might have just cracked it, Harris needs one of those smoke bombs so that people can watch him go round as he is so far behind at the moment people will rember he is in the same race. How many meetings before ATOM BOMB TOM can have a skid in the main team, accroding to the fixture list its 3 meetings i can wait hopefully it will be another step forward for the club to have an up and coming youth rider, same as Coventry and Kings Lynn have done in the last few weeks.

Is Brennan ready for it thats the big question also who are they going to drop? have to be stay with RR for Gary as his rides can be covered by Wood and Powell and Another, so thats good for the team then remove Harris for a meeting to build his confidence up and then slot him in keeping Brennan on the side lines to make sure he does not get an average, thats what JPB did last year and Charlie Powell, so big questions for the team again.

Is Brennan ready for it thats the big question also who are they going to drop? have to be stay with RR for Gary as his rides can be covered by Wood and Powell and Another, so thats good for the team then remove Harris for a meeting to build his confidence up and then slot him in keeping Brennan on the side lines to make sure he does not get an average, thats what JPB did last year and Charlie Powell, so big questions for the team again.

Sure you're right, cannot believe the club are going to sacrifice the chance of him coming back next year on a 3 point average. One other thing does anyone know if the KO Cup matches contribute towards an average? Could give Tom more rides in that competition if they don't, and on that point as well does anyone know who we have in the 2nd round of the Cup?

Kings Lynn in the second round of the Cup, I think but not 100% right but only league matches count on an average, guest bookings, KO Cup and Play Offs dont count also bonus points dont count on an average.

So looking at it if i was the club i run Tom in the harder meetings as i think he will try harder then Harris and run him for 3 meetings Birmingham, Kent, Mildenhall, so he does not get an average, then run him on KO Cup matches and Play Offs if they reach them. But thats only my thinking. have to watch this space to find out whats going on.

So he could have as many as 10 matches plus youth rounds plus any other international meeting he has lined up :rofl:

Kings Lynn in the second round of the Cup, I think but not 100% right but only league matches count on an average, guest bookings, KO Cup and Play Offs dont count also bonus points dont count on an average.

So looking at it if i was the club i run Tom in the harder meetings as i think he will try harder then Harris and run him for 3 meetings Birmingham, Kent, Mildenhall, so he does not get an average, then run him on KO Cup matches and Play Offs if they reach them. But thats only my thinking. have to watch this space to find out whats going on.

So he could have as many as 10 matches plus youth rounds plus any other international meeting he has lined up :rofl:

Thank you , I thought a similar scenario with the meetings and Tom's rides all baring the dreaded injuries. No date on the fixture list yet for the KO Cup match with Kings Lynn, that again probably ties in with eventually juggling around Tom's other meetings.

Why would you hold off signing a rider who could help you win the league this year to try win the league next year instead... I could understand if it was first place wins the title but Eastbourne are likely to reach the play-offs where all four teams start equal again regardless of who finishes top of the table.

Why would you hold off signing a rider who could help you win the league this year to try win the league next year instead... I could understand if it was first place wins the title but Eastbourne are likely to reach the play-offs where all four teams start equal again regardless of who finishes top of the table.

I don't think the playoffs count towards a new average so assume they'll include him in only 3 meetings beforehand, and then include him in the playoffs. To be honest I think we'll make the playoffs without any changes to the current team anyway, especially when Adam returns hopefully fit and well.

Edited by gazzac

Any rough date on Adam Ellis' return? Am thinking in particular if Cradley away on 27th June.

Would have thought that might be a little bit early for a broken collar bone, perhaps jonny the spud could give us an update on his progress at some point?

Would have thought that might be a little bit early for a broken collar bone, perhaps jonny the spud could give us an update on his progress at some point?

Well if Adam is unfit, i think Ben Morley or Robert Branford would be an ideal guest.

I would maybe even go Williamson as he was brilliant at Brum

Not only will we have the away fixture at Cradley to find a guest for, but the 2 home fixtures against Rye House on the 18th and Kings Lynn on the 26th . Dan Bewley has also scored well at Cradley and has ridden there twice this year before.

Edited by gazzac

Adam will be at KL for the U21, 18 days after breaking his collarbone .

Many thanks for the update on Adam, boy does he make a quick recovery!

Hope all goes well on his return and look forward to seeing him again at Arlington.

• Like 1