British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

So clubs can come to gentleman's agreements regardless of the rules.

Nothing new here. Lakeside and Rye House did it last year with Ed Kennett, generally giving preference to home fixtures regardless of league.

• Like 1

It's not as bad as you getting a guest facility for your no1 who's away on his jollies

What riding in a meeting pre booked before he signed for us.... No different to riding for Poole. You'd rather watch r/r than a full team... Edited by Al3x200

I am surprised to see how well BWD is doing at Somerset, he scores 7 regularly and last night got 10+3. They took a chance on him as he had to come up from the NL on 5.0 rather than 3.0 but it is paying off. A good indication of his improvement is the widening gap between him and Zach who looks to be struggling.

If they run the Sussex Championship this year I hope he comes back to defend it, love to see him again.

I am surprised to see how well BWD is doing at Somerset, he scores 7 regularly and last night got 10+3. They took a chance on him as he had to come up from the NL on 5.0 rather than 3.0 but it is paying off. A good indication of his improvement is the widening gap between him and Zach who looks to be struggling.

If they run the Sussex Championship this year I hope he comes back to defend it, love to see him again.

That side eastbourne put out was laughable tbh, from recent evidence perks unavailability and general form is a major concern.

Cottham wont be the answer thats for sure.

Ive a feeling there will be a mass clearout in 5 or 6 werks

• Like 1

I've noticed his scores have been really good from the start of the season as well. Unusual for a new rider going up to the PL he doesn't seem to have any day's where he scores only 1 or 2. ( That'll happen next meeting now !) Imagine he'll be in the main body of the team soon. As you say , love to see him some point in the season if they did run the Sussex, especially against Adam and Jake.

Edited by gazzac

Disappointed that we had no George wood. Was it a question of he couldn't make it or couldn't be bothered. I left Bromley at 1pm went the longer way around dartford m1 and across the hills into Belle Vue. 5 hours it took me with a stop. Loved the new track racing was good a few fantastic rides from jake. Brennan looked hot after the meeting faster than Powell and Harris.

If I was in charge it would be out woods in with Richard Hall and then float till Brennan is ready.

I was home by 1:30 which I was pleased about. Might go back to watch lakeside up there in the league.

That side eastbourne put out was laughable tbh, from recent evidence perks unavailability and general form is a major concern.

The side is fine imo. Ellis will ride most meetings, as will Perks. Georgie's van broke down. Things will settle down and am sure Eagles will be Top 4.

If Brennan and/or the Spillers are available later in the year then can see some tweaks then. Onwards and upwards.

He was clearly riding elsewhere so that is fine.

It was belle Vues mistake saying he was on holiday. So I apologise to Adam and eastbourne. A facility should have been granted

He was clearly riding elsewhere so that is fine.

It was belle Vues mistake saying he was on holiday. So I apologise to Adam and eastbourne. A facility should have been granted

Even if he was on holiday it wouldn't have been a problem because in the NL you can have a guest for any reason.

Disappointed that we had no George wood. Was it a question of he couldn't make it or couldn't be bothered. I left Bromley at 1pm went the longer way around dartford m1 and across the hills into Belle Vue. 5 hours it took me with a stop. Loved the new track racing was good a few fantastic rides from jake. Brennan looked hot after the meeting faster than Powell and Harris.

If I was in charge it would be out woods in with Richard Hall and then float till Brennan is ready.

I was home by 1:30 which I was pleased about. Might go back to watch lakeside up there in the league.

Young Brennan & Kyle Bickley both looked smooth & quick in those laps after the main match on Friday night, look forward to watching their progress over the months & years ahead.

Thought overall the depleted Eagles did pretty well on a track that is alien when compared to Arlington. As I said on a previous post Jake Knight in particular was good to watch, no lack of effort from the Eagles side as a whole. At start of the season I had no great expectations regarding the Colts, think I may have underestimated them a bit. The match at Brum on Wednesday will be a big test for them.

Pleased you enjoyed the facilities at the NSS & hope you enjoy your trip back north for the Lakeside match - hopefully summer's arrived in Manchester by then, it was pretty cold by 9.30 Friday night!

Frankly with the new average system as I think it is there will be no scope for much change. No way will Adam or Jake be changed and Georgie is not replaceable at his average. Ellis is the only possibility but with a new average based on this season performance, which may well be much lower than his starting one, even Daniel Spiller could not be brought in. The only way the top four can be changed to any (if possible) betterment would be if Adam and Jake were to drop their averages bringing the 40 limit back into range which hopefully is never going to happen.

I happen to think they are as good as any top 4 in the League. Ellis is having a bit of a tough ride at Plymouth but has looked pretty good at Arlington apart from his 2 falls and a tapes infringement in 4 rides last week. This was down to his all out effort which has already produced some terrific races. I would not swap him for anybody with a comparable average what ever it might be after 4 matches.

The only avenue for change is the bottom three and lots of other teams will be looking for improving their 3.0 pointers. They have done the right thing bringing Cottham in for Phillips and would probably have done so anyway to avoid being stuck with three 3.0 pointers all season because Jake's average looks like sky rocketing. This gives them a 4.7 and two 3.0 at present to work with. Whilst Tom looks an automatic replacement in July I hope they don't use him more than three times in the League because we need him at No 7 next year.

With Luke Harris now at reserve performing quite well at Belle Vue and Charley Powell starting to improve I don't imagine there will be any changes unless there are more injuries - heaven forbid.

They will not win the league, Birmingham have been nailed on from the start, but must have a good shout at the play offs.

Frankly with the new average system as I think it is there will be no scope for much change. No way will Adam or Jake be changed and Georgie is not replaceable at his average. Ellis is the only possibility but with a new average based on this season performance, which may well be much lower than his starting one, even Daniel Spiller could not be brought in. The only way the top four can be changed to any (if possible) betterment would be if Adam and Jake were to drop their averages bringing the 40 limit back into range which hopefully is never going to happen.

I happen to think they are as good as any top 4 in the League. Ellis is having a bit of a tough ride at Plymouth but has looked pretty good at Arlington apart from his 2 falls and a tapes infringement in 4 rides last week. This was down to his all out effort which has already produced some terrific races. I would not swap him for anybody with a comparable average what ever it might be after 4 matches.

The only avenue for change is the bottom three and lots of other teams will be looking for improving their 3.0 pointers. They have done the right thing bringing Cottham in for Phillips and would probably have done so anyway to avoid being stuck with three 3.0 pointers all season because Jake's average looks like sky rocketing. This gives them a 4.7 and two 3.0 at present to work with. Whilst Tom looks an automatic replacement in July I hope they don't use him more than three times in the League because we need him at No 7 next year.

With Luke Harris now at reserve performing quite well at Belle Vue and Charley Powell starting to improve I don't imagine there will be any changes unless there are more injuries - heaven forbid.

They will not win the league, Birmingham have been nailed on from the start, but must have a good shout at the play offs.

i don't think birmingham have anything nailed on, not with the way the kings are riding, but i agree eastbourne aren't strong enough to stop them.

Had a great night a Belle Vue on Friday took me most of Saturday to get over it but have to say a simply drive home was nice on the M1 apart from the road works, Janke Knight was the man of the meeting for me. i have become a JK fan, good to see some great races and have to say that Belle Vue will be come the NSS for the right reason, was good to see Brennan and Bickley having a spin after the meeting, Nice to see how Brennan was able to pull away from bickley after only doing a few laps on the track.

Harris looks to be at the right level moving to reserve fair play to him for that and improving all the time, Charlie looks very awkward on a bike at the moment seems he stands up a lot more then most? but never the less he managed to get a few more points then i thought which is great.

Brandford didnt do the job of Ellis but a few more points would have been nice saying that if Bewley was there is might have been another story but over all it was a good night of speedway and i really enjoyed it. well done to both sides.

Looking forward to Sky Tv tonight to watch Poole and Belle Vue and watch Adam tonight, cant wait to see the Eagles in action on saturday night again its been a long time with out a fixture, then off to Rye House bank Holiday which i can watch Ed Kennett around his home track not sure if i want to go to Birmingham as i dont really like the drive there as its so hit and miss.

Will be interesting how close the Cradley boys will push the Eagles this week i think looking at it the Eagles are stronger from 1-7 plus i am looking to see the local lad Gary Cottham to have a ride.

So what else is new with the Eagles as its gone very quite on the speedway front, is there any updates on Richard Andrews as i have seen that he is not racing at the moment is he fit or what as nobody has ever said whats the matter with him? just a suspected broken wrist.

I also found out that Perks wand Knight were having a spin at the weekend so thats good to keep them in track action and a good few points from Perks shows he has got it in him.

a real nice guy too.

Well we are not the best at the moment but we are stepping up the ladder every week we are getting stonger, When Brennan is ready that will be another winner for the Club, I have heard that he is going to Poole on Matt Fords books and then coming to Eastbourne?

So he must have something if Matt is interested.