British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Looks like Eastbourne's little book of contacts has run out as they are openly advertising for riders for the Buxton away match............sure the phone has been ringing non stop! :D

And if the rumour's on the Peterborough thread are anything to go by the Eagles might soon have their wings clipped........

I just had a flick in the last few pages and cant see anything that would really effect any club other then Peterborough? unless because they lost they made a change but cant see who that effects Eastbourne ? unless i missed something unless Kings you can read something that i cant ?

Copied from the Peterborough thread.....

From what I got told after the meeting team changes will be happening and the name mentioned to me was Adam Ellis but club are unsure on costings as unlikely to be able to do all 3 leagues and would need to drop NL so they will need to make it worth his while as am sure he is on very good money at Eastbourne now. I understand there is an BSPA agreement that NL clubs release riders if they can get a PL place so have to wait and see. Another option that may become available is N Klindt who doesn't seem to be getting picked for Poland at the moment so if that continues he may consider PL again

I don't understand the bit about NL clubs having to release the rider, as since last year they can double up like Clegg is and Morris ect ect however only Clegg does all 3 leagues. As long as the rider has signed a NL contract first he doesn't have to leave the club it's his choice.

Anyway thought Johnny the spuds reply to this was its the first he's heard of it.... Might be wrong.

Looking at the photograph you use for your icon, I am not sure that the cap fits and it isn't cool.

But I take the point, the youngsters in the Eastbourne team can learn a lot from Adam Ellis.

Yes, learn how to regress and make £££££££££££££

Looks like Eastbourne's little book of contacts has run out as they are openly advertising for riders for the Buxton away match............sure the phone has been ringing non stop! :D

And if the rumour's on the Peterborough thread are anything to go by the Eagles might soon have their wings clipped........

This would be so good for Adam, to take a PL place (and quite funny if it happened soon)

Might be the way to do it in 2016, might be a bit tongue in cheek - but if Dugard in genuinely seeking a 3.00 rider for Buxton via Social Media, it is quite amusing and may suggest (along with the Adam Ellis signing) that he's taken his eye off the ball in relation to being in the NL and developing his own riders.

news to us

'Us', as in you and Adam, as thought you weren't that involved in his signing for Eastbourne and hadn't discussed his motives for so doing, before your last trip over for the U21 Final?

I don't understand the bit about NL clubs having to release the rider, as since last year they can double up like Clegg is and Morris ect ect however only Clegg does all 3 leagues. As long as the rider has signed a NL contract first he doesn't have to leave the club it's his choice.

Anyway thought Johnny the spuds reply to this was its the first he's heard of it.... Might be wrong.

Finishing your post after the first three words would have been sufficient and would've received lots of Likes, but I enjoyed the last three words. That would've been a great post from you: 'I don't understand .... Might be wrong'. Classic Al3x200 postings :t:

• Like 1

'Us', as in you and Adam, as thought you weren't that involved in his signing for Eastbourne and hadn't discussed his motives for so doing, before your last trip over for the U21 Final?

How could his father possibly know more than some random bloke behind a computer. Had a spell of being told what my lad was earning and where he was riding and strangely enough it never came from anybody who had any idea!

• Like 1

From what i can see i think Dugard now knows what or how important 3 point riders are. Kent last year was in the same problems and managed to drag themself through the league but Eastbourne are doing the same, Unless there is a 3 point rider that nobody has thought of i guess its not going to get much better for them, If they do find someone to replace any one of the 3 pointers they may just step up the game again.

I have watched the way the new generation of Dugards (Martin / Connor) they have never wasted time to move in the right direction but it looks as if its checkmate at the moment.

Multumesc your post are very good and full of facts but they only thing you have done at the moment is to pull the post apart of everyone on here, maybe you would like to come up with a sugestion and let us comment on that rather then pulling other members apart.

From what i have read on the forum and from what i see and this is only my side.

Eastbourne have broken no rules, Adam is happy to ride for them and he could have been any other club in the league because he is allowed too and if he wanted to, If Peterborough wanted to sign him it would not make any difference to Eastbourne as they would use a guest for him if needed.

I cant see any reason to be so negative towards a Club or other members unless it effects you personally, I am a Lakeside fan and have to watch Adam come to us a few weeks ago and he rode his heart out and was fantastic.

Look at the bigger picture, Adam is English, he is a fantastic rider, and it can only be a positve step for the likes of Adam to be in the NL a selling point for all the club to say that the outstanding number 1 rider is racing at there track this week. Bums on seats and so on. Matt Ford does not look at his team in October and say oh we are too good for the EL i better not put out that team or he would never open his gates.

Because Eastbourne lost 2 riders in the first day of the season is an impact on any club, some clubs take months to build a team when Eastbourne only had a week.

• Like 4

one of the funniest things ive read on here is when adams dad denied he'd signed for poole (like people had been saying for weeks), only for it to be confirmed a week later.

That's because up until midday on the day it was announced talks were still going on between 2 teams.

But as you appear to know more than me I'll now to your superior knowledge.

What was the other team again ?

Not very Impressed with James Easter with the comments below, I am afraid that he has now set an all time low of putting his feelings across the internet and social media, i thought there were rules against this sort of thing and him being a League sponsor for the Nl your think having a top rider in that League would promote it, I would go and watch Wayne Rooney play at my local football club, only an imbecile would turn away supporters?

Nice one Mr Easter hope your not running any tours to see the U21 as i dont think your going to win many poole fans or Adam fans.

as for you changing the rules so this never happens again? i dont think you have a say in the matter! unless you have written the rule book.

Seems he is slamming the league that he sponsors?

(copied with the spelling mistake) from facebook yesterday

JAMES EASTER

Still not happy with Eastobourne including rider who is virtually a heat leader in teh Elite….

the equivalent of Wayne Rooney playing for Bury Town.

Believe me we will ensure this never happens again after this year.

It sticks 2 grubby fingers at the ethous of the League….

As a Club we will continue to bring on our own youngsters,

the list of young guys who will join the Fen Tigers continues to grow….

We may have lost this round but we will never resort

to scrubbing through inadequate rules to win meetings

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Not very Impressed with James Easter with the comments below, I am afraid that he has now set an all time low of putting his feelings across the internet and social media, i thought there were rules against this sort of thing and him being a League sponsor for the Nl your think having a top rider in that League would promote it, I would go and watch Wayne Rooney play at my local football club, only an imbecile would turn away supporters?

Nice one Mr Easter hope your not running any tours to see the U21 as i dont think your going to win many poole fans or Adam fans.

as for you changing the rules so this never happens again? i dont think you have a say in the matter! unless you have written the rule book.

JAMES EASTER

Still not happy with Eastobourne including rider who is virtually a heat leader in teh Elite.

It sticks 2 grubby fingers at the ethous of the League.

the list of young guys who will join the Fen Tigers continues to grow.

Is this the guy that sponsors the league? Very poor show if so, yet another narrow minded person who seems to think an eligible rider who is doing well is too good for the league and shouldn't be allowed in. Pathetic. All British riders should just be rubbish from now on and not bother with the higher leagues, at least then the cynics would be happy.

• Like 1

JAMES EASTER

Still not happy with Eastobourne including rider who is virtually a heat leader in teh Elite….

It sticks 2 grubby fingers at the ethous of the League….

the list of young guys who will join the Fen Tigers continues to grow….

OMG what a stupid thing to say, at least keep it to yourself and not post it on the internet, Maybe James Easter should write a retraction and apologize to Eastbourne, Adam and the League. What a big mistake to make and as a league sponsor as well. tut tut tut

• Like 1

I have heard from a reliable source that Eastbourne have managed to find another buried loophole in the rules so if Adam is on a short term contract( which I sincerely hope is not the case ) we can implement the Matt Ford all leagues clause and re sign BWD because he really should have been with us this year anyway, or Lewis Bridger because he had last year off and did his promo at Arlington last week. :lol:

Edited by gazzac

For me whatever the comments were it takes a big man to apologise for voicing your opinions so i applaud you for that.

In my mind i would much rather have a sponsor on board who is passionate about the sport and the goings on within it than one who solely benefits from the advertising. Keep at it Mr Easter better to have a voice and let people choose if they want to listen than have people wanting to listen and there being no voice.

For me whatever the comments were it takes a big man to apologise for voicing your opinions so i applaud you for that.

In my mind i would much rather have a sponsor on board who is passionate about the sport and the goings on within it than one who solely benefits from the advertising. Keep at it Mr Easter better to have a voice and let people choose if they want to listen than have people wanting to listen and there being no voice.

Just as people can choose if they want I use his company to go to GP's.

I'd like to know the influence Easter has to "ensure" this doesn't happen again ?

• Like 1