British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

An outstanding signing by Eastbourne,personally on this seasons form i think Ellis is way to good for National league. But he is still only a young lad and if the rules allow it good luck to him,, and the Promotion who are determined to give their fans a winning team ,and of course keep the turnstiles clicking...

I wish Adam all the very best in his new role at Eastbourne. He is a quality rider and a very good team man and is certainly not a money grabber. He was exceptional during his time with the Brummies last season and enjoyed a great rapport with the supporters.

Eastbourne have done well to persuade him to ride for them and their supporters won't be disappointed with his effort or his commitment.

The argus reads that it's not a season long deal well that's how I read it but he said while Hughes is out and see how it goes after that! Drying up nicely outside down on the coast now!

Such narrow minded inconsiderate comments made by Len silver this morning. The fact he would rather let his team race on terrible track conditions and risk them to injury is beyond me. Telling us off for raining a meeting off because we are "scared" when the track is clearly waterlogged. He cancelled the Kings Lynn meeting at Kent 3 days early and their was no rain to be seen!

Such narrow minded inconsiderate comments made by Len silver this morning. The fact he would rather let his team race on terrible track conditions and risk them to injury is beyond me. Telling us off for raining a meeting off because we are "scared" when the track is clearly waterlogged. He cancelled the Kings Lynn meeting at Kent 3 days early and their was no rain to be seen!

I try not to slag people off on forums. Riders, managers, promotors and fans, I always give the benefit of the doubt but Len Silver has shown himself to be a complete idiot over the last year or so!

Even if you think that and I must admit, I was grateful fot the rain off. Kent smashed us last time and I am happy to have some time to regroup before facing them again but to make comments like that are just a joke! Look at the pictures of the track!

• Like 1

The argus reads that it's not a season long deal well that's how I read it but he said while Hughes is out and see how it goes after that! Drying up nicely outside down on the coast now!

So Eastbourne borrow an Elite League rider for a couple of months. Not what the National Development League is all about is it?

• Like 1

So Eastbourne borrow an Elite League rider for a couple of months. Not what the National Development League is all about is it?

pretty much. He's still a developing young talent that will benefit from extra rides and an asset to any team he rides for.

pretty much. He's still a developing young talent that will benefit from extra rides and an asset to any team he rides for.

He rides in the Elite League, doesn't make him too good for the NL, let's not kid ourselves.

You really think so? Personally I think that Adam would be far better served with a season as a Heat Leader / 2nd String in the PL rather than drop back to the NDL. He is far too good for the NDL now and won't learn much more from riding at that level again. I wish he had stuck to his guns and turned down the Eagles re-approach, but he is such a nice lad that he probably found it difficult for him so to do. I just hope it doesn't back-fire on him.

By the way, just read Len Silver's comments about the rain-off. What a great wind-up merchant he is. More promoters making statements like that would fire-up some good old-fashioned inter track rivalries. Looks like he got a couple to bite on here. Good old Uncle Len.

Enjoy your speedway guys.

You really think so? Personally I think that Adam would be far better served with a season as a Heat Leader / 2nd String in the PL rather than drop back to the NDL. He is far too good for the NDL now and won't learn much more from riding at that level again. I wish he had stuck to his guns and turned down the Eagles re-approach, but he is such a nice lad that he probably found it difficult for him so to do. I just hope it doesn't back-fire on him.

By the way, just read Len Silver's comments about the rain-off. What a great wind-up merchant he is. More promoters making statements like that would fire-up some good old-fashioned inter track rivalries. Looks like he got a couple to bite on here. Good old Uncle Len.

Enjoy your speedway guys.

i'm sure we're going to with adam leading us but thanks for the half-hearted wishes anyway.

i'm sure we're going to with adam leading us but thanks for the half-hearted wishes anyway.

They weren't half hearted at all. Why should you think that? Always enjoyed my visits to Arlington since I first visited there in 1970 and was a big fan of Gordon Kennett back in the day.

As James has pointed out in his post, Adam's short-term signing appears not to have gone down well in the wider world of speedway outside of Arlington and its probably not a good thing to upset the NDL's sponsor.

Edited by Multumesc

Please believe me that everyone involved wth the Leagues throughout Speedway is steaming about this....a short term gain, but believe me it will rebound big time.

Not the most sensible decision ever made.

who cares. Poole would do the same and get a decent rider to replace an injury/ under performer. The only reason they can be steaming is because they just aren't good enough at putting a good team together. If it's all legal which clearly it is they can only blame themselves for not asking him into their team. Yes last year I said he should be in the premier league but if no one wants him because they are silly enough to think they can do better then he's ours for the taking!

Anyway in 2 months the spillers become available and Hughes should be back healthy and he will possibly be changed out if he doesn't want to carry on anyway

Edited by Al3x200

The only whinging seems to be from fans of clubs that haven't managed to get Ellis, if Cradeley / Coventry / Belle Vue etc … had signed him, there'd be just as much moaning, just from a different set of fans.

I've watched him a few times over the last couple of seasons and he never fails to deliver, any other young riders in the team will learn a lot from him. Just ask anyone from the Brummies last year .

who cares. Poole would do the same and get a decent rider to replace an injury/ under performer. The only reason they can be steaming is because they just aren't good enough at putting a good team together. If it's all legal which clearly it is they can only blame themselves for not asking him into their team. Yes last year I said he should be in the premier league but if no one wants him because they are silly enough to think they can do better then he's ours for the taking!

Anyway in 2 months the spillers become available and Hughes should be back healthy and he will possibly be changed out if he doesn't want to carry on anyway

Who cares? Well, it sounds like the sponsor of the League that your team is in does, so it may be wise to listen rather than take a short-sighted viewpoint. Interesting though that you liken this situation with Poole.

Believe me one individual was offered 3 team places in the Prem...turned them all down...then suddenly schlepps up in what is after all in a Junior League...Now I don't want to cast any aspertions but what would you think was behind his decision ??..I leave that answer to greater minds than mine.

• Like 1

Who cares? Well, it sounds like the sponsor of the League that your team is in does, so it may be wise to listen rather than take a short-sighted viewpoint. Interesting though that you liken this situation with Poole.

So you are telling me the sponsor for the league of developing British talent is against a club signing a talented British youngster that wants a ride and track time. Speedway baffles me sometimes.