British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Sorry to piss on anyone's fireworks, as it's already started on the " Ellis is only in it for the money ". Adam hasn't asked for or been offered any more than last year. ( not that it will stop the online speculation )

Edited by Jonny the spud
  • Like 1

I can't see how Birmingham could have accommodated Ellis this year and still built such a good team anyway.

Is this going against the grain of the NL? Of course it isn't, he's 20 and a young British talent. If it is going to help him in his progression then we all may benefit in future if he makes the GB squad in the coming years.

He's been scoring well for Poole, perhaps he feels that the extra meetings in the NL will help him keep his eye in. Eastbourne are a standalone NL side and need to do what they can to be successful. That said I still think Birmingham and Kent have better sides at present, the Eagles look on par with Cradley, Kings Lynn and Mildenhall in the play-off scrap.

Personally I think they'd have been better going along the lines of Owen and Dan Spiller but perhaps those avenues weren't open at this time. The club can't be accused of not trying and not being proactive though.

• Like 3

I can't see how Birmingham could have accommodated Ellis this year and still built such a good team anyway.

Is this going against the grain of the NL? Of course it isn't, he's 20 and a young British talent. If it is going to help him in his progression then we all may benefit in future if he makes the GB squad in the coming years.

He's been scoring well for Poole, perhaps he feels that the extra meetings in the NL will help him keep his eye in. Eastbourne are a standalone NL side and need to do what they can to be successful. That said I still think Birmingham and Kent have better sides at present, the Eagles look on par with Cradley, Kings Lynn and Mildenhall in the play-off scrap.

Personally I think they'd have been better going along the lines of Owen and Dan Spiller but perhaps those avenues weren't open at this time. The club can't be accused of not trying and not being proactive though.

Yeah but how could he ride for both clubs if they are on a Wednesday, Adam would have known by the end of last year where he was going in the EL thats why he must have given Birmingham that answer.

Great signing so who is a 3 pointer is it Ethan Spiller ? blow my knickers off if it is :t:

Yeah but how could he ride for both clubs if they are on a Wednesday, Adam would have known by the end of last year where he was going in the EL thats why he must have given Birmingham that answer.

Great signing so who is a 3 pointer is it Ethan Spiller ? blow my knickers off if it is :t:

Reckon it'll be Cottham if he fits.

That's a cracking signing for Eastbourne, with home track advantage the Eagles are always going to be in the upper echelons of the league table but this will undoubtedly see them challenging for top spot now and not just the playoffs as I think had been largely predicted in the summer. Fair play, looking forward to seeing him competing against Zach at Perry Barr later in the season assuming he's still there.

You won't see that when Eastbourne are at Birmingham Ellis will be riding for Poole

Luke Harris is the 7th member of the Eagles !

Former British Youth Champion Luke Harris completes the newly revamped Eastbourne IT First Eagles!

The three time British Champion joins the Eagles after having been left on the sidelines at the start of the 2016 Season.

Harris, 17 from Northolt will ride at the number 2 position for the Eagles in replace of the injured Richard Andrews.

Connor earlier on today said "There was a very small pool of riders and I put them into piles and worked out the pros and cons and every time the answer came back to Luke. We believe he will thrive in this atmosphere with the experience of Adam & Jake as well as the passion to win that both Georgie and Ellis show."

Luke has been very active in the off season with Poultec riding at Scunthorpe and Kings Lynn. Learning not only on track experience but everything he needs to know off the track and in the workshop. As well as racing in the Scunthorpe amateur meetings.

Martin Dugard club chairman said "We tried signing Luke last year but unfortunately he had already gone to Cradley. We feel Luke has a lot of potential and Eastbourne is the club to help him kick on with his speedway career like he has shown on the grasstrack."

Everything has finally clicked for us we feel and we can't wait for the season to really get going now after all the terrible news we have had recently!

Georgie Wood will take over the role of Club Captain in Richard Andrews absence.

I think we have 14.96 or there shouts to play with Branford is 10.14 so I think 4.8? Trouble is who is about to come in on that?

Now we know Adam Ellis and Luke Harris . Great work by Connor given the circumstances from our first match and must make us stronger overall.

Now we know Adam Ellis and Luke Harris . Great work by Connor given the circumstances from our first match and must make us stronger overall.

Yes we do and I'm more than happy with his work after the worrying past few days!

Totally agree, don't know when Adam can first ride for us?

he starts in the two meets vs Mildenhall not sure about Harris though I have asked him.... He said he should be riding tomorrow Edited by Al3x200

Well the Harris signing as gota put a downer on it after the Quality ellis signing

Really ?

I will give him a chance before writing him off !

• Like 2

Well the Harris signing as gota put a downer on it after the Quality ellis signing

i gather you weren't impressed with him last year. i think it will be tough for him at no2 but he's a tough kid or he wouldn't be riding a speedway bike . i'm pleased because i hate r/r.

I think if Harris gets some of the help that Eastbourne can give him with bike set ups and the lines they ride he really only needs to pick up a few points a meeting. Or with 3 riders on 3 points he will make a good reserve but it will kill either Nick or Charlie in the team. I guess another problem to contend with.