British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

I'm sorry but can a Eastbourne fan explain to me why have your promotion got rid of a 8 point rider and replaced him with a 7.14 rider, I just don't understand it, especially wh n you've just lost your number 1 rider, just cant get my head around it,

Branford at Eastbourne after his punch up with Georgie last year? not a snowballs chance.

People said that about Stefan Anderson and Martin Dugard and the ended up in the same team. If it works for the team and Rob wanted to come yes, I think it could happen. Plenty of other reason it probaly wont happen anyway.

Pleased Ben has got a ride. Nice guy and can be brilliant on his day

Would it be in Eastbourne's best interests to have 2 key riders missing every time there was a fixture clash?

Either way it isn't going to happen.

As for the Kings Lynn meeting it will require Bowen, Knight, Wood & Perks all hitting double figures to secure a result. Whilst they are all very capable it is still a big ask especially with Greaves, Kinsley & Bailey all in form and out to spoil the party.

Id be very surprised if Branford doesn't slot back in to the Rye team when he comes over. I think the Hopwood signing is a short term deal to plug the huge gap the Raiders currently have.

Edited by Sings4Kings

Regardless of the legal point the BSPA should and I believe would veto such a move as not being in the sport's best interest. Do we really want to hear in a week's time that the Plymouth rescue bid has collapsed because three of their riders have been poached by other greedy teams?

This is truly an appalling suggestion (unless you think Eastbourne winning is more important than Plymouth surviving).

You plainly have not read properly or understood a word I have said. It had nothing to do with disadvantaging Plymouth or their rescue bid. I made the point clearly that if a rider wished to double up PL & NL then provided he met the qualifying criteria of both Leagues he should not be stopped merely because of the order of signing if he wanted to. That has absolutely no inference that he should ride for NL to the exclusion of PL be it Plymouth or anyone else and in case you are also unaware of it, in double up situations where their is a fixture clash PL get priority anyway.

In this particular case it may well be that Neilsen has not even been approached or that he has no desire to ride NL we don't know . I was looking at possible alternatives in a shrinking rider pool and highlighting that the rule was to say the least irrational.

I don't know where the believe that Plymouth's rescue bid is being undermined or that three riders are being poached by greedy clubs comes from, that is also irrational and can only be a figment of your imagination.

This appears to be just another attempt to deride Eastbourne and their supporters. I had hoped that we had been rid of this sort of behaviour when we left the EL but apparently not.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but can a Eastbourne fan explain to me why have your promotion got rid of a 8 point rider and replaced him with a 7.14 rider, I just don't understand it, especially wh n you've just lost your number 1 rider, just cant get my head around it,

Silence is defining from the Eastbourne fans, seems like hey as baffled as I am to the Perks/Hoopwood swoop

You plainly have not read properly or understood a word I have said. It had nothing to do with disadvantaging Plymouth or their rescue bid. I made the point clearly that if a rider wished to double up PL & NL then provided he met the qualifying criteria of both Leagues he should not be stopped merely because of the order of signing if he wanted to. That has absolutely no inference that he should ride for NL to the exclusion of PL be it Plymouth or anyone else and in case you are also unaware of it, in double up situations where their is a fixture clash PL get priority anyway.

In this particular case it may well be that Neilsen has not even been approached or that he has no desire to ride NL we don't know . I was looking at possible alternatives in a shrinking rider pool and highlighting that the rule was to say the least irrational.

I don't know where the believe that Plymouth's rescue bid is being undermined or that three riders are being poached by greedy clubs comes from, that is also irrational and can only be a figment of your imagination.

This appears to be just another attempt to deride Eastbourne and their supporters. I had hoped that we had been rid of this sort of behaviour when we left the EL but apparently not.

Someone's got a persecution complex!

Because by dropping him we would have more points for a number 1 they had lined up. This has fallen through though which is a massive mess up. However Perks will improve unlike hopwood

I don’t think it had anything to do with a sponsor what so ever, from what i have heard that if Plymouth had closed which the press stated was correct then it was the perfect opportunity to swoop like an Eagle and grab the only rider that would be able to fit in the side to replace the injured Hughes with a reshuffle, who would think that Plymouth would have risen from the ashes to continue the 2016, If the Management had not moved we would have all had a moan at them but they made a move and not paid off, Good news that Ben had found another team but seems that Eastbourne have got stuck in the Brown sticky stuff, well at the end of the day I am sure something will be sorted but to who and what they are waiting for is another question? Is there another rabbit in the hat that they are going to pop out the hat?

where did you hear that about richard ?

Edited by catinthehat

It's a Zetor but that'sbeside the point haha

you have to use 'poetic licence' a bit when you don't know what you're talking about or for a cheap laugh so i tend to fall back on it a lot

Facebook and Twitter and the argus cat

as with , blimey alex are you descended from dr dolittle or did you miss out a comma.

Oh no poor Rich wonder what the plans are now i hate to be the promotion i bet they are like a swan at the moment looking lovely on the outside but feet and legs doing 100mph under the water.

I am sure something will turn up that they dont expect i cant see them giving up this early in the season.

• Like 1

you have to use 'poetic licence' a bit when you don't know what you're talking about or for a cheap laugh so i tend to fall back on it a lot

as with , blimey alex are you descended from dr dolittle or did you miss out a comma.

I was only going to write Facebook and Twitter but then put the argus on the end and forgot to change the punctuation! I shall alter it

it certainly seems that all of the decisions made last season because of injuries worked brilliantly as opposed to this season which seems one step forward two steps back , but it is still very early. not looking forward to the return of the high flying kings so soon though i have to be honest.

If it was me i would abandon the search for an out and out number one and strengthen with the riders available and points you have to play with.

Hughes(8.67) plus remaining = 9.78 + Andrews(5.18) = 14.96

I would grab Aaron Baseby (6.37) and beg Marc Owen (7.25) to sign for a few weeks as cover = 13.62

It would leave you 1.34 under the limit but you could use the extra to resign Hopwood when his stint with Rye House is over in place of Owen?