British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Boxhall is not allowed back into the NL as his PL average is too High i guess its going to be a problem for them to find a replacement, but have to wait and see lets see maybe we will find someone Andy Graham lol cant use Alan as he was hurt last year.

He isn't riding PL tho.... Edited by Al3x200

Just seen this on the GB website seems they are cracking down on filiming

STATEMENT: FILMING/STREAMING

Thursday March 31, 2016

bspa.gif

THE BSPA would like to remind all fans that it is illegal to stream any portion of meetings without prior permission from the Association.
In recent weeks there has been an increase in the number of occasions when meetings have been shown using the app Periscope.
This is a breach of copyright, is against our agreement with BSkyB and GSI, and will be taken very seriously by all clubs within the Sport.
Anyone found to be live streaming meetings without prior agreement will be banned from attending matches across the leagues.
As a sport it is important we embrace the ever-changing world of social media, but at the same time we also have to protect our product.

He isn't riding PL tho....

Yeah but they go on his last years PL average not his NL average depending which one of them is the highest.

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Does anyone know for sure what nl average Steve Boxall would have. If he fits can't believe it isn't him, must have machinery etc already in place as until fairly recently was expecting to ride for Belle Vue in the elite league, and I believe lives fairly locally in Canterbury?

Does anyone know for sure what nl average Steve Boxall would have. If he fits can't believe it isn't him, must have machinery etc already in place as until fairly recently was expecting to ride for Belle Vue in the elite league, and I believe lives fairly locally in Canterbury?

9.5 I believe ish

No reason Boxall can't ride NL, he's not got a PL spot. What would Hurry's average be out of interest? Been so long since he last rode and that was in the EL I assume he'd be given an assessed average for NL racing.

Hurry's never done NL whilst they've used averages, and as you say he last did EL so I'd also assume it would be an assessed figure as opposed to a conversion from an old EL figure.

Boxall's last NL average is 9.56. But I think catinthehat has a point here. The ruling states:

'19.8.2 A Rider’s MA will based upon their latest (attained during the seasons 2011 – 2015 only) NL or PL MA (multiplied by 2 and subject to a minimum / maximum converted MA’s being 3.00 / 12.00. NB. Where a rider has both a previous PL and NL MA, the highest will apply.'

So even though Boxall has a current NL average from 2013, I think his PL average of 6.15 would be doubled and rounded down to 12.00 because that is his 'latest' average and the higher of the 2 figures. Am I reading that right?

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

If that's the case who is it? Because of they are only an 8 pointer we needn't have got rid of hopwood.... Boxall has no pl team. Other riders have averages over 4 in the PL like Morris but it might be that it's only just over 4

If that's the case who is it? Because of they are only an 8 pointer we needn't have got rid of hopwood.... Boxall has no pl team. Other riders have averages over 4 in the PL like Morris but it might be that it's only just over 4

Morris hasn't got a PL team this year so he has been able to do NL, he's in the Cradley team on double his 2015 PL average of 4.53.

Maybe the return of Martin Mudguard

I wonder how long we will keeping bringing that one up! I think Just as I get used to the idea that he wont be making a come back, someone has to do it!

I hope not. If he just goes and wins every race I will just be thinking he shouldn't be there. If he gets beaten, I will hate it more than the odd occasion he got beaten round Arlo in the Elite League!! Its a lose, lose situation!

MM,, I was hoping that mayeb they were negotiating with the powers that be, on a return of BWD but his average is too high I think!

Had it been my 9.88 then I thought the same. I also think that when you start on a 3.00 average you can ride NL until it goes above 4.00 in Brads situation he's placed in on a 5.00 average so I think he should be able to still ride NL until he increases it by a point as he's not heads and shoulders above waj and Morley ect.

Edited by Al3x200

I cannot believe they would release Ben and say they would get a big hitter at No 1 unless it was already sewn up. I can only see Adam Roynan as available in the converted to 9+ range. I hope they have not made another 'points mistake' this year. It's getting a bit of a worry.

Either way it appears Plymouth have been resurrected which for speedway is excellent news but bad news for the Eagles if Stefan was their intended target?

Possibly because the positive news surrounding Plymouth coincides with Connor's negative tweet this morning.