British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Have to agree. I would say this starting line up looks stronger than the original 2015 squad. If all the riders can stay fir (fingers crossed) I see no reason why they shouldn't win most if not all matches at home and several on the road. If they do that a play off spot is a certainty and then it will come down to who is the form team at that time.

Not all riders think there safer though (Neck brace especially) I remember Tai saying they were restrictive and no safer,

Neck Braces have changed now from what they were, many of them are much lighter and they fit better then then early ones, 1000s of motor cross riders use them and i have to say when you ask any of the Eastbourne riders did they notice if they had them on they would all come back and say no they dont.

Brad has his new one on at Rye House he ended up on the other side of the fence by going over the top, His neck brace was broken where it was designed to break but he was ok with no injury to his neck, a very lucky young man.

I rather have a neck brace on and be a little bit restrictive then being in a wheel chair thats for sure.

Not all riders wanted to use kevlar suits but they had to because they were safer then the nylon ones being made.

Is the legend that is Niall Strudwick no 8 again?

He played a major part in the team winning the treble.........by not having enough rides to lose that many points lol

Nah he's said he has been released by Eastbourne. I was thinking Brennan.

Brennan to young?

Give strudders another chance!

Think Strudders said it was full place or at not at all this year?

Brennan obvious talent so his time will come soon enough.

Do teams actually need a number 8 this year? Is it enforced again this season? The role was pretty redundant last year.

Edited by Sings4Kings

Strudwick has done his time at Eastbourne, cant see why after winning the 3 cups and going on with the party that Niall did anything other then be ready for the party, Niall is the ultimate perfect speedway rider he informs his fans media and sponsors well thats because he does no racing so he had the time to do all the media.

I have to say i am not a Strudwick fan but i give him 100% for trying and doing what he is doing but time has come to look into the mirror and say hey look i am never going to make it and look at getting a place within the club and push the club by media.

George i think is the dark horse for the club, he will really be out to show people what he can do, he also has been to most of the tracks now so should have a better idea of whats going to happen when he gets there.

Jake knight i also think he is the one to watch just hope he can last a full season if not Spiller the thriller will be back,

Think Strudders said it was full place or at not at all this year?

Brennan obvious talent so his time will come soon enough.

Do teams actually need a number 8 this year? Is it enforced again this season? The role was pretty redundant last year.

No its not enforced this year. It's simply a club's decision if they want to or not.

• Like 1

Run a second half like they use too in the old days snowball final at Eastbourne way back in the 80s, using the team to test stuff if they needed mixed in with the youngsters on the 150s and 250cc.

back to grass roots again

• Like 1

Shame Drury doesn't like the thriller spiller.... I hope we bring them both in later this year to really piss him off I mean what's wrongf with British people racing in Germany? They are doing a far better job than he is on bringing on young riders.

Edited by Al3x200