British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

RichRd Andrews went and stayed wih novratil I believe when he was formerly known as Sparky

Well done - in 2011.

Although it wasn't his finest hour. They ran the first 15 heats in 45 minutes! and RA was one of several riders who was caught by suprise and missed his first ride. In his third and final heat the evil ref (one Josh Larsen) excluded him for tape touching so in the end he completed just four laps.

From what I've seen of Niall Strudwick hes someone who likes walking round the pits in his kevlars pretending to be a speedway rider, can ride around reasonably on his own but as soon as you put him in a race with other riders doesn't want to know which means hes never going to do anything in speedway!

Most Californian speedway tracks are tiny which means that the racing is quite often ferocious with a lot of argy bargy and very close contact something Strudwick shys away from on the much bigger English tracks!

Fair play to him just being out there, but if hes realistic, hes never going to be make it as a speedway rider!

Smart looking team, Seems again the season will start with a lot of unknown facts as where we end up but i have to say i think its going to be a good year, Saturday nights will work well so lets get behind the team.

Smart looking team, Seems again the season will start with a lot of unknown facts as where we end up but i have to say i think its going to be a good year, Saturday nights will work well so lets get behind the team.

Sure it will all come together like last year. Roll on March!

People didnt say it last year cause we all knew Wilson Dean was gonna be a top rider.

Hughes started last season on 6 something ended it on 8.67 so this year with even better guidance in the Dugards there is no reason why he won't become one of the top number 1s
  • Like 1

Hughes started last season on 6 something ended it on 8.67 so this year with even better guidance in the Dugards there is no reason why he won't become one of the top number 1s

Agree he was impressive at Arlington at the sharp end of the season.

Eastbourne Eagles

1. Kyle Hughes 8.67 = 8.80
2. Richard Andrews 5.18 = 6.30
3. Jake Knight 6.00= 7.93
4. Georgie Wood 5.90 = 6.30
5. Ben Hopwood 8.00 = 8.40
6. Nick Phillips 3.00 = 4.80
7. Charley Powell 3.00 = 4.70
start total 41.68 my guess = 47.23

Looks like a good side to me if they all step up and some will go out the ball park, Seen Ben Hopwood training and he looks the fittest i have ever seen him, roll on March also with Eastbourne only allowing practice for team members as it was last year will give them a good start to the season.

Eastbourne Eagles

1. Kyle Hughes 8.67 = 8.80

2. Richard Andrews 5.18 = 6.30

3. Jake Knight 6.00= 7.93

4. Georgie Wood 5.90 = 6.30

5. Ben Hopwood 8.00 = 8.40

6. Nick Phillips 3.00 = 4.80

7. Charley Powell 3.00 = 4.70

start total 41.68 my guess = 47.23

Looks like a good side to me if they all step up and some will go out the ball park, Seen Ben Hopwood training and he looks the fittest i have ever seen him, roll on March also with Eastbourne only allowing practice for team members as it was last year will give them a good start to the season.

More than optimistic, the opposition for both Andrews and Wood including their partners is 6 heat leaders, 3 second strings and 3 reserves so to average 6.00 they will have to beat every second string and reserve in every match home and away OR beat a lot of heat leaders and every time they finish in front of their own partner dents our heat leaders average because paid points don't count. Similar situation applies to the reserves.

42 to 43 would be a realistic target and would get a play off place.

think you are very optimistic be lucky to get that as a home average

There would be nothing 'lucky' about that at home, it would be very disappointing and mean several home losses.

Last year they averaged 56 at home in the league. Don't expect that much this year but at least it is nice to know you don't regard it as a 'trick' track