British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Hopefully he will do the MDL isn't there a training track somewhere that Len silver has something to do with or is that me going mad?

Iwade that's it. But that won't help them ride their own track

Hopefully he will do the MDL isn't there a training track somewhere that Len silver has something to do with or is that me going mad?

Iwade that's it. But that won't help them ride their own track

All laps are good laps but MDL or amateur racing is what's needed to hone skills, get a decent marker of how good you are and most importantly develop the skills required when things go wrong, a talent sadly lacking in many new riders.

No disrespect but other than Brennan and bickley what other kids do you see that are going to take on the likes of pawlicki brothers when they were 16 or the Brady Kurtz etc from around the world British youth has 2/3 riders that will go past NL reserve level and that's it

Brennan and Bickley, The Thompson Twins, The McGurks, Anders Rowe to name a few. Not tipping these names to go on to world level but all capable of getting past NL reserve.

Not all champions are ready at 16. Im fed up with the theory that if you haven't made it by 20 you never will. What is wrong with giving riders time to progress & learn their skills so that when the time comes to step onto the bigger stages they are fully prepared.

• Like 3

Until they've all sat on a 500cc no one can predict then to be world beaters. It's just amazing that Poland Denmark Sweden and Australia are producing these riders at such a young age. Do Australia have a league dedicated to just Australians to race like our NL? They have to come over to the pl on a 5 which is obviously harder than the NL

No disrespect but other than Brennan and bickley what other kids do you see that are going to take on the likes of pawlicki brothers when they were 16 or the Brady Kurtz etc from around the world British youth has 2/3 riders that will go past NL reserve level and that's it

it would help if the powers that be started to help with some funding to bring on the next brits.Stop filling there back pockets and support niel vatchers great work with the U21,U19 and U16's.

Just putting it out there that Saul Bulley has ridden Eastbourne a few times including what looks like last years P&P or open practise session. Also looks like he has links with Somerset who Eastbourne seem to be linking with at the moment. https://www.facebook.com/BDMC-Racing-816508375073015/?ref=profile

I believe he is 15 maybe 16. Although I didn't think much of him last year at the championship of sussex I think it was I wouldn't be surprised if he is a possibility.

Until they've all sat on a 500cc no one can predict then to be world beaters. It's just amazing that Poland Denmark Sweden and Australia are producing these riders at such a young age. Do Australia have a league dedicated to just Australians to race like our NL? They have to come over to the pl on a 5 which is obviously harder than the NL

Didn't you just contradict your own point there??

• Like 1

Strudwick is in the USA, he has gone out there to ride and see if he can mix it up with them, America run 3 different levels of racing, division 1, being the better one and 3 being the lower one, i think that Niall should be in division 1 in the meeting that will show you that the standard of racing, one of the Dugards went to the states a few years ago and he went on to win the division 3 meeting and he has never raced a bike before.

So lets see how Niall does wish him all the Luck i would hope with the standard out there that he should be in the top 3. you can follow him on Twitter

Strudwick is in the USA, he has gone out there to ride and see if he can mix it up with them, America run 3 different levels of racing, division 1, being the better one and 3 being the lower one, i think that Niall should be in division 1 in the meeting that will show you that the standard of racing, one of the Dugards went to the states a few years ago and he went on to win the division 3 meeting and he has never raced a bike before.

So lets see how Niall does wish him all the Luck i would hope with the standard out there that he should be in the top 3. you can follow him on Twitter

Looking at the lineup I'd be amazed if he finished in the top three, even though there are only half a dozen Division One standard riders competing

Ed Kennett rode in the equivalent meeting last year and finished fourth.

Edited by arnieg

I have not seen the line up but are they divided up into divisions or is it just a full on handicap meeting. Kennett and so on all ride in the big meetings out there, those meetings are like a GP in the USA all the top stars, But like you said a lot of riders would love to swap places with Niall.

But i guess if you have nowhere to ride in the UK you may as well look at the bigger picture and ride else where, USA, USA, USA.

Edited by catinthehat

PERRIS WINTER OLYMPIQUE JANUARY 16TH latest entry list and news

5 Max Ruml

7 Novratil

10 Geist

45 Galvin

48 Talkington

60 Clark

90 Strudwick

109 Nermarnik

111 Dillon Ruml

122 Siegel

140 Kurtis Hamill

150 Barry

153 Moreau

155 Dalbey

163 Davis

170 Perrault (match race only)

211 Brown

215 Willis

277 Rishton

220 Bryant

222 Leedy

227 Whitcomb

245 Fuson

246 Barrett

266 Jade

273 Gayle

290 Hartke

293 Valdez

345 Richards

351 Bennett

Only the first five plus Dillon Ruml could really be described as Division One riders (although I would imagine Kurtis Hamill will progress to D1 fairly quickly)

Question: which current Eastbourne rider has ridden at Perris?

Edited by arnieg