British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Kyle Hughes confirmed as thought. Still think it's a good signing with the potential to put at least a point on his average. Although not too many seem to agree on here, I still look at our top 5 and think we're going to have the strength in depth not to lose many matches across the season, and more than likely lose none at home . Happy New year to everyone,especially to the true fans of speedway watching the National League!

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

i know i'm too impatient for most of you on here but just humour me. as kyle, the worst kept secret in british speedway has finally been announced will the final place definately go to powell or will no.7 be a surprise? with 7 or 8 reserves still to be revealed who are the alternatives ?

I think Mitch Godden is the best of the three however I think he is a bit older than the others in contention. Not even sure if he would be interested in doing it full time. I think Tom Brennan will get the number 8 spot. Godden is a grass tracker and we know we like that type...http://youtu.be/_T2mA7cbMTk Godden riding at Eastbourne 2014 winter

i know i'm too impatient for most of you on here but just humour me. as kyle, the worst kept secret in british speedway has finally been announced will the final place definately go to powell or will no.7 be a surprise? with 7 or 8 reserves still to be revealed who are the alternatives ?

Bradley Wilson Dean was the worst kept speedway secret Edited by Al3x200

I think Mitch Godden is the best of the three however I think he is a bit older than the others in contention. Not even sure if he would be interested in doing it full time. I think Tom Brennan will get the number 8 spot. Godden is a grass tracker and we know we like that type...http://youtu.be/_T2mA7cbMTk Godden riding at Eastbourne 2014 winter

Bradley Wilson Dean was the worst kept speedway secret

not this xmas he wasn't.

Connor Locke? Mitch godden? Ethan Spiller?

obviously know about 2nd two but locke is a blind spot for me.

Would obviously have liked to have seen Kyle Hughes back with the Raiders,,,Deserves a no1 spot though,, he is an intelligent rider ,does great cut backs,,and at his best is quick on good machinary which i think he will get at Eastbourne ..A very nice lad to talk too., I wish him all the best for the season at his new club...

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

Nick looks quite useful definitly faster than Sheppard cousins Saul govier etc

From all the results I have seen Govier has been faster than Phillips but that is only at Somerset so maybe he is better on smaller circuits?

As for the final reserve place its got to be odds on Powell. Godden would do alright but cant see him switching from a full career of weekend Grasstrack & Longtrack racing at weekends to speedway now he is the other side of 40 & Locke is a very raw novice who needs a lot more laps.....hence Kent signing him as number 8!!!

Just out of interest how is signing for Kent as number 8 going to do him any good? I mean you are only allowed to use your stadium once a week and there is barely ever time after the meeting to have a ride. Tbh he could have done worse than sign for somewhere like Rye or Eastbourne which gives him more track time.

Just out of interest how is signing for Kent as number 8 going to do him any good? I mean you are only allowed to use your stadium once a week and there is barely ever time after the meeting to have a ride. Tbh he could have done worse than sign for somewhere like Rye or Eastbourne which gives him more track time.

Completely agree. My point about Kent signing him was more about how out of touch they are. He needs plenty of laps and / or a season in the MDL to progress. A few laps after the meeting at Kent if he's lucky will be pretty fruitless.

Number 8's are seldom used anyway and as there have been no changes in the rules about them its another opportunity to develop riders further wasted.

• Like 1