British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2016

Brummie Kev

A century is 100 years.... 20 centuries = 20 x 100 = 2000 years.

21st century runs 2001 - 2100

22nd century will start 2101 and run to 2200

On the basis that your first year is always "Year 1".. Only in Cambodia / Kampuchia in the days of Pol Pot did you ever have a "Year Zero". :o

NL fixtures issued today and appear to show only 1 clash each for Zach & Darryl currently:

02 April - Stoke v Birmingham (NL NT) & Ipswich v Sheffield (PL LC) and

15 May - Mildenhall v Birmingham (NL NT) & Newcastle v Somerset (PL)

http://birminghambrummies.co/fixtures16

• 1 month later...

Not extreme at all. There are a number of Birmingham supporters saying the same. I am still digesting the news but whatever happens I can't look forward to the new season. I mean what's the point we can't build for the future so we don't have a future. Time for the nl to make a stand.

Not extreme at all. There are a number of Birmingham supporters saying the same. I am still digesting the news but whatever happens I can't look forward to the new season. I mean what's the point we can't build for the future so we don't have a future. Time for the nl to make a stand.

Whilst we all have our own loyalties to our clubs as supporters there has to be an understanding that riders have to look after their own best interests. If Zach continues on his meteoric rise this season it would make his average too high to be considered for the NL next year anyway therefore asset or not. The PL already has first call on his services over fixture clashes so in that respect having an asset is worthless.

For NL clubs the best money spinner is to sign an unknown 3 pointer, watch their stock rise then cash in. As supporters all we can do is enjoy the time they respective riders spent with our clubs, wish them well for the future and hope the next crop can emulate the same success.

Reality check time. The National League, when compared to football is the Sunday Parks League. When a Blue Square Bet Football Conference team, or god-forbid, a Football League team comes calling, what's a rider / player supposed to do? They have their careers to think about, not the welfare of the pensioners strolling by in the park when they play there. Good luck to Zach. I'm not sure that Lakeside is the best of options for him given their uncertain future, but it's a step in the right direction.

Don't get fooled by all the Drury-esque propaganda about the Brummies being a "big club". It's not! End of. Reign in your expectations accordingly. It's a bottom tier club at the mercy of all the bigger fish in the pond. The Brummies should be proud that they are contributing to what the National League was set up for, which is to nurture future British talent. The fact that Brummies fans won't be there to see that talent in full bloom goes with the territory in the NL. For all the fans who wanted a future in the NL, well this is all part of it. Get used to it.

• Like 3