British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2016

Brummie Kev

catinthehat ithink your wrong zach was probably the only nl rider last year that has potential to be true elite/international class will do well this year and could well end up no 1 in his prem side

What glue have you been sniffing coming up with that? there is already a better reserve in BWD in his PL team.

catinthehat ithink your wrong zach was probably the only nl rider last year that has potential to be true elite/international class will do well this year and could well end up no 1 in his prem side

Your right in one sense but id bet every penny i own he won't be a PL number one next year, he will go further than anyone else in the NL last year

i didnt say he will, i said he could. as for a better reserve in his pl side in bwd we will see. personally i think bwd will still be reserve at end of season and zach will be solidly in main body. zach and robert lambert are by far the best 2 british youngsters and are the future of our international side

Robert Lambert is head and shoulders above any other young Brit.

Saw young Zach three occasions last season, he did well but would not rate him over the likes of Josh Bates or Adam Ellis.

Bwd is far more of an aggressive rider than Zach but I believe Zachs equipment is far superior

Zach's also a fair bit younger, their averages were almost the same in the NL last year. He may not be a Woffinden or a Lambert but he'll be a good rider in future. If he ends the season at Somerset as their highest averaged rider I'd be incredibly shocked, unless they have a terrible season. But he'll probably end up on a figure similar to whatever BWD puts in, if not better.

Zach will end up a much better rider than BWD. Need to take those rose tinted specs off.

its not me with rose tinted specs on. I just think PL is a bridge too far for Zac this season because he won't be beating the likes of Morris, Clegg, Bowen, Greenwood, Branford, Morley in this league especially with the added pressure of being number 1. It's better to be a pessimist and be surprised than be like you and get disappointed if he makes a flop of it.

its not me with rose tinted specs on. I just think PL is a bridge too far for Zac this season because he won't be beating the likes of Morris, Clegg, Bowen, Greenwood, Branford, Morley in this league especially with the added pressure of being number 1. It's better to be a pessimist and be surprised than be like you and get disappointed if he makes a flop of it.

He beat all of them last year I see no reason why it should be different this year.

However it IS a pressure being number 1 and I for one will be happy for him to consolidate. Mind you he seems to thrive on pressure as several heat fifteen last heat deciders last year attest to.

As for the PL I think it will be a suprise to him at the beginning and he may struggle a little but I have no doubt that by the end of the season he will have made great strides which will serve him well in his role as number 1 at Brum.

Its going to be an interesting season I think.

Why is it a bridge too far for him and not for BWD then? The counter side of your argument is that Zach will be racing a whole lot more regularly than BWD, the confidence he will gain from scoring well in the NL will show in his PL performances, plus the fact that he will be getting lots more track time. As for being disappointed, I don't really care who does better to be honest, I won't lose any sleep if the kid doesn't score a point all season. It's just my opinion.

He beat all of them last year I see no reason why it should be different this year.

However it IS a pressure being number 1 and I for one will be happy for him to consolidate. Mind you he seems to thrive on pressure as several heat fifteen last heat deciders last year attest to.

As for the PL I think it will be a suprise to him at the beginning and he may struggle a little but I have no doubt that by the end of the season he will have made great strides which will serve him well in his role as number 1 at Brum.

The only pressure that goes with being a number one is mental I think, less likely to bother a youngster who has the talent and gets his head down and races. He's had plenty of big races in 2015, it shouldn't phase him too much IMO. There may not be any improvement in his NL figure but it's a pretty high one to begin with, shows the quality he possesses.

Like I have said I saw Zach ride three times last season at Sheffield.

He was okay but I would not say that he made me think that he is a superstar in the making.

the first meeting was an Inter league match Sheffield v Cradley both teams made up of mainly National League riders, he did okay in that meeting but failed to win a race if my memory serves me he got paid 8 from 5 rides.

The next he Guested for us at home to Edinburgh, had three rides and got a paid win, but was gifted to him and if Branford had not packed up just before the line it would have been a solitary point.

The last meeting three rides 1 point, and to be honest he only got that because Josh Bates messed up the start in heat 2.

In saying that I would not have been too disappointed if we had signed him, but like a lot of the draft riders especially the ones with no or limited Premier League experience I think they are going to find points hard to come by, mainly because the points limit has not changed in the Premier League and looking at teams they nearly teams other reserve are very strong.

I think BWD will struggle in the PL this year, if his old man is to be believed he's had all new equipment and van supplied for him over here ( that's two years running after Dugard supplying everything last year), shame this kind of stuff couldn't be found for "British" riders !!!

Is he going to struggle because of or despite the new van and bikes?

Maybe if some budding young British riders learn their lessons well at that Poultec Apprenticeship course, they will be able to present themselves to sponsors in the right way that will "earn" them the kind of backing that foreign riders seem to be better at getting. Simply spoon feeding youngsters leads to the spoilt brats that we've witnessed all too often in recent years (Lewis Bridger springs instantly to mind)

it will be interesting to see how Zack gets on in the PL, hopefully it will be a positive step forward in his career.

What glue have you been sniffing coming up with that? there is already a better reserve in BWD in his PL team.

I wouldn't say he was better personally. Little in it IMHO.

I think BWD will struggle in the PL this year, if his old man is to be believed he's had all new equipment and van supplied for him over here ( that's two years running after Dugard supplying everything last year), shame this kind of stuff couldn't be found for "British" riders !!!

Bradley wasn't supplied "everything" last season, he was given a rolling chassis and engine from his sponsor C.J. Davies, and the other engine and chassis was his own (the one he just became 2NZ on) there seems to be a common misconception that the dugards supplied Bradley with everything, martin gave him a place to live all season and took him in as one of the family, bob gave him a van and he also used one of their engines for part of the season, but to say he was supplied with "everything" is wrong and I dont think you understand how much hard work he had to put in to make his season possible. I'm very close with his family and speaking to him last week he explained how he's already spent over $20,000 for his 2016 season, so before you go assuming that he's handed everything on a silver platter just think about what you're saying and how much of the facts you actually know. And as for this season yes he's said he is working very closely with his sponsor 'C.J. Davies' and has 2 brand new bikes so I must disagree that "Zachs equipment is far superior"

• Like 1