British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2016

Brummie Kev

Just read the story on the Brummies site of Graham just having a go at Kevin Jolly over the Tom Bacon signing. For godsake Graham just move on, we got the rider we wanted. No need for petty press releases like that!

Well said man

Speedway kicking itself in the teeth again, dreary drury :mad::mad:

Well if it is, it's a bit rich coming from Jolly considering how he slagged the team off on more than one occasion in the press last season.

Apparently NL clubs aren't allowed asetts so I've been told! Don't say anything about mildenhall last time I did I had my head bitten off by their press officer!!!!

Please could you tell me whose asset Max Clegg and Tom Perry are ?

I will save you the time and trouble; Cradley Heaths. so YES NL Clubs can and do have assets, just as I think Danny Ayres is a Kent asset.

Please could you tell me whose asset Max Clegg and Tom Perry are ?

I will save you the time and trouble; Cradley Heaths. so YES NL Clubs can and do have assets, just as I think Danny Ayres is a Kent asset

I now know they do. fellow poster said they didn't which I believed.

I tweeted the NL speedway they told me NL clubs can own riders.

I believe is you ask Jayne on here she will be able to help us: stand alone clubs aren't allowed to own riders as at rye house a couple of weeks ago they said they could own Morley because they're a premier league club but Kent couldn't own anybody because they're a NL club

But thats what I thought

Tweet about assets from Eastbourne @NLSpeedway we think that rule may be changing though or has changed but not 100% ironed out yet. So it could mean all NL assets have to be sold.

But it could be only for stand alone clubs like someone said

Edited by Al3x200

Kent own Ayers,Shanes and Basford and i believe,Aaron Baseby at least until any changes to the rules happen,, and supposing they dont want to be sold,, or even if no other club wants to buy them,,What happens then ?,, seems a bit stupid to me ? Do they then revert to the speedway control board or the BSPA ??

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Kent own Ayers,Shanes and Basford and i believe,Aaron Baseby at least until any changes to the rules happen,, and supposing they dont want to be sold,, or even if no other club wants to buy them,,What happens then ?,, seems a bit stupid to me ? Do they then revert to the speedway control board or the BSPA ??

Agreed surely one of the charms of the asset system is that a NL club could sign an unknown, take a chance on the rider and if they are successful then the NL club can profit from the sale?

Stripping all the standalone NL teams of assets seems like bullying to me.

• Like 1

It's only a few years ago the rules were changed to allow NL teams to 'own' riders. As I recall that change was universally welcomed - I can't recall a single objection (other than those to do with the whole principle of ownership and transfers).

So what has changed?

What is the problem this change is seeking to rectify?

What is the rationale for the suggested change?

Who is behind this proposal?

• Like 1

I tweeted the NL speedway they told me NL clubs can own riders.

But thats what I thought

Fella NL Speedway aint no official BSPA site, just someone repostin stuff .......... totally unofficial AND should say so to!

• Like 1