British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2016

Apparently hes contracted to Lakeside " under Eastbournes control" which I find odd to be honest and Im not sure can be true. Im pretty sure there was a ruling last winter that came out of the EL/PL agm which said standalone NL clubs cannot sign riders as assets anymore, must say it was nice that they even consulted NL teams about it. Anyway I cant see how Martin Dugard can claim hes his rider, its purely a matter between Lakeside and Somerset as who BWD belongs to.

Did I read somewhere Eastbourne are getting a loan fee for Wilson Dean,? if so how can that be if NL teams are not allowed assets.

Did I read somewhere Eastbourne are getting a loan fee for Wilson Dean,? if so how can that be if NL teams are not allowed assets.

if all the reports that Lakeside are involved i would imagine the loan fee goes to Lakeside who pass it in on to Eastbourne ?( bit of a middle man situation)

• Like 1

if all the reports that Lakeside are involved i would imagine the loan fee goes to Lakeside who pass it in on to Eastbourne ?( bit of a middle man situation)

I'm fairly sure Lakeside have no links with Bradley Wilson-Dean, so can't be involved :o

Jon Cook used to be promoter at Eastbourne and as NL are no longer allowed any assets they are all given to an EL or PL side (or sold i'm not sure on that one). In this case Cooks close ties with Eastbourne and Martin in the past made it possible for us to park our assets with them. So although Lakeside essentially own him the Dugards decide where he goes not Jon cook and ultimately also decide loan deals and buy/ sell riders. Thats the impression i get. Personally I think it would do Brad better to move to Somerset where he can ride for his parent club and progress as he is useless to us now.

There has been some debate over the last day or so whether the Somerset side this season was a gamble or not. I thought I'd give you a small snap shot at what some posters said about the team when it was originally announced in December.

Some do have short memories!!

Hair. "Shocking team"

Arson fire. "Massive gamble that side"

Jenga. "That's a shot team" (I think we realise the moderator edited that post!)

Scotsman. "Underwhelmed"

Fromafar. "Average team"

Panthers 89. "Most average Somerset side in a long time".

Shads. "They are taking a big risk with 3 untried riders in the team"

Savalasclouting. "It's crap"

Gusworld. "Looks like the weakest team I've seen assembled in a long time"

Ben91. "Looks poor"

A finally, from Gavan, "poorest ever team"

• Like 2

There has been some debate over the last day or so whether the Somerset side this season was a gamble or not. I thought I'd give you a small snap shot at what some posters said about the team when it was originally announced in December.

Hair. "Shocking team"

Jenga. "That's a shot team" (I think we realise the moderator edited that post!)

Scotsman. "Underwhelmed"

Fromafar. "Average team"

Ben91. "Looks poor"

While for me they are performing above my expectations given their Team on paper which is what matter,but they as aTeam have not won anything yet.(I don't count the Pairs as aTeam Event).

Hair. "Shocking team"

Scotsman. "Underwhelmed"

Fromafar. "Average team"

Ben91. "Looks poor"

ii think you will find i did not write the word rubbish, i wrote shot . lets see what that word turns out like .

rubbish replaced with the word rubbish .

Edited by jenga

Hair. "Shocking team"

Scotsman. "Underwhelmed"

Fromafar. "Average team"

Ben91. "Looks poor"

I particularly like Shads comment after the comments on the other Rye/Somerset thread ;)

BWD and ZW a gamble? Do me a favour. You don't watch NL racing obviously.

Edited by Najjer

Hair. "Shocking team"

Scotsman. "Underwhelmed"

Fromafar. "Average team"

Ben91. "Looks poor"

still think it was a massive gamble, but one thats paying off so far...

They havent faced many of the better sides away yet also.... But anyone beating them wont be far away.