British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2016

The bspa archives do go way back just had a quick look. The rebels finished 16th out of 17 teams in 2002,17th of 18 teams in 2003,13th out of 15 teams in 2004. Good years not to include if your a somerset fan,mind you i think this season could be their best ever.

Average position for the last 11 seasons:

Avg. Posn. Seasons Team

2.8 6 King's Lynn

4.4 5 Ipswich

5.0 11 Somerset

5.1 11 Edinburgh

5.3 4 Birmingham

5.5 2 Peterborough

6.0 11 Workington

6.5 11 Sheffield

7.2 11 Rye House

7.2 11 Newcastle

7.5 4 I.o.W

7.8 8 Scunthorpe

8.8 11 Berwick

8.9 10 Redcar

9.0 1 Exeter

9.0 3 Leicester

9.1 11 Glasgow

9.5 2 Reading

10.4 5 Plymouth

11.8 6 Stoke

12.7 7 Newport

13.0 1 Hull

13.7 3 Mildenhall

The bspa archives do go way back just had a quick look. The rebels finished 16th out of 17 teams in 2002,17th of 18 teams in 2003,13th out of 15 teams in 2004. Good years not to include if your a somerset fan,mind you i think this season could be their best ever.

Yes you are correct on all counts. If you have a look you will find that 2005 was the earliest in the paragragh "ARCHIVE OF LINKS FROM THE FOLLOWING BRITISH SPEEDWAY SEASONS:" which I can Web Query in Excel. The other years would require entering manually.

Edited by Willowman
  • Like 1

... gave a very interesting result considering the reactions of supporters of a certain club this year.

And if you haven't guessed it I was referring to Ipswich who have done well with 3, 7, 2, 3, 7 since they dropped.

And if you haven't guessed it I was referring to Ipswich who have done well with 3, 7, 2, 3, 7 since they dropped.

Could be a little lower this year thou .

• Like 1

so we have been consistent....

consistently just not quite good enough.

Hence the frustrations of many on here.

• Like 1

Care to explain how Somerset were "so unlucky" in 2014 play off final?[/quote,

Played both matches without Allen or Kurtz. R/R for Brady , and guests for Allen. Summers and Kennett only managed to beat Sedgeman out of the Monarchs top 5, pretty poor show imo when you realise we only lost by one point. In the home league fixture Allen scored a max and Brady paid 13 in Edinburgh's heaviest defeat that year I believe. Still not saying we would have won with them riding before everyone starts jumping up and down, just pointing out we were unlucky. Hope that answers your question.

• Like 7

Care to explain how Somerset were "so unlucky" in 2014 play off final?[/quote,

Played both matches without Allen or Kurtz. R/R for Brady , and guests for Allen. Summers and Kennett only managed to beat Sedgeman out of the Monarchs top 5, pretty poor show imo when you realise we only lost by one point. In the home league fixture Allen scored a max and Brady paid 13 in Edinburgh's heaviest defeat that year I believe. Still not saying we would have won with them riding before everyone starts jumping up and down, just pointing out we were unlucky. Hope that answers your question.

As you were comparing the results of the League matches to the Play-Offs you should have also looked at the following also:-

Steve Worrall in the league scored 4 in the away league match & paid 13 in the home fixture whereas r/r in the Play-Offs were 2 away and paid 7 at home.

You also ignored that Oliver Allen only scored 3 in the league match at the Dale while guest Summers recorded 6.

Likewise Brady Kurtz only score paid 2 at Armadale in the League whereas r/r recorded paid 9.

Oh and by the way, the Final League Table had Edinburgh on 74pts and Somerset on 67

Hope that gives you a more balanced analysis :wink:

As you were comparing the results of the League matches to the Play-Offs you should have also looked at the following also:-

Steve Worrall in the league scored 4 in the away league match & paid 13 in the home fixture whereas r/r in the Play-Offs were 2 away and paid 7 at home.

You also ignored that Oliver Allen only scored 3 in the league match at the Dale while guest Summers recorded 6.

Likewise Brady Kurtz only score paid 2 at Armadale in the League whereas r/r recorded paid 9.

Oh and by the way, the Final League Table had Edinburgh on 74pts and Somerset on 67

Ha ha , all good points Cyclone, however the finishing points total in league are irrelevant in a play off situation , which incidentally I personally don't like. I believe that the team with the most points are the true champs. Remember I'm saying we were unlucky not you did not deserve to win, I think if you had been missing Cook and Worrell and we had been missing only Brady it would have probably been a different outcome. A bit hard to take when it also happened 2 years previous against Scunny. Surely any team that gets to a play off final and loses its No 1 for both legs twice and loses by one point is unlucky, do you not think. Never mind it's in the past, be great if we can go all the way this year and go into any final with a full side😉

• Like 1

Any idea what happened in the pairs tonight ? :o

Rebels were the side brave enough to take a chance on wilson dean on a 5av, i dont think they or him could ask for more. They are a terrific side

Len Silver was very interested, but then he upped sticks and moved to Kent