British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2016

I think when it comes to PL/NL teams having pride in their ex-riders going on to greater things that the likes of Newcastle (N.Pedersen), Isle of Wight (C.Holder), oh and Rye House (Tai something) might have higher bragging rights.

• Like 1

I think when it comes to PL/NL teams having pride in their ex-riders going on to greater things that the likes of Newcastle (N.Pedersen), Isle of Wight (C.Holder), oh and Rye House (Tai something) might have higher bragging rights.

Also Newcastle can boast 3 former world champions that were in there ranks(Ole Olsen, Ivan Mauger, and Anders Michanek.)

• Like 1

Also Newcastle can boast 3 former world champions that were in there ranks(Ole Olsen, Ivan Mauger, and Anders Michanek.)

Not forgetting Brian Andersen, Bjarne Pedersen and Kennet Bjerre.

• 1 month later...

What a staggering result tonight at Plymouth! Even with the poor season Brady seems to be having, to turn them over like that takes some doing.

Jake Allen has been great all year but his form seems to have taken an even greater leap over the past few weeks. Great to see.

Onto the semi finals of the league cup we go....

• Like 4

What a staggering result tonight at Plymouth! Even with the poor season Brady seems to be having, to turn them over like that takes some doing.

Jake Allen has been great all year but his form seems to have taken an even greater leap over the past few weeks. Great to see.

Onto the semi finals of the league cup we go....

I had confidence in the team Gazza built from day one although some others didn't share my view but i never thought we would get to July only losing once (and that was a meeting they could have easily won too)! Top effort from the whole team, long 'May' it continue. :t:

• Like 3

Somerset for the title this year.

What an outfit theyve turned into since the hancocks have fully taken over the complete promotion after the shambles of russell and pavitt etc.

• Like 4

What an outfit theyve turned into since the hancocks have fully taken over the complete promotion after the shambles of russell and pavitt etc.

I did a spreadsheet a while ago ranking teams that have been in the PL since the Rebels joined, totalling their positions and ranking them least total to highest total. Needless to say Edinburgh were at the top with the Rebels next. That included some poor opening seasons, so I think you are spot on. I have to say I didn't expect the team to be as successful this season but quite pleased we are to say the least.

I did a spreadsheet a while ago ranking teams that have been in the PL since the Rebels joined, totalling their positions and ranking them least total to highest total. Needless to say Edinburgh were at the top with the Rebels next. That included some poor opening seasons, so I think you are spot on. I have to say I didn't expect the team to be as successful this season but quite pleased we are to say the least.

Would be very interesting to see the rest of this

Will see if I can find it or if I'm really sad, reproduce it. The list is a bit short as there are not that many teams still running consistently in the PL.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if we hadn't been so unlucky in the 2012 and 14 playoff finals wether we may have been top.

It’s a long season and injuries can play its part, the Rebels certainly look a formidable team and you get the feeling they haven’t fully clicked yet! For example there is more to come from Zac, Starkey and Wrighty tend to have a duff ride per meeting and Jake and Bradley are improving week by week.

Nothing is won yet but the signs are very good.

• Like 1

I did a spreadsheet a while ago ranking teams that have been in the PL since the Rebels joined, totalling their positions and ranking them least total to highest total. Needless to say Edinburgh were at the top with the Rebels next.

Found the spreadsheet and found that the Rebels were more successful. I think that I didn't post it at the time which was going to be in reply to someones post but thought it might have been gloating too much.

Will see if I can find it or if I'm really sad, reproduce it. The list is a bit short as there are not that many teams still running consistently in the PL.

Will post the results at the earliest opportunity. Updated it to include all clubs, the 2015 season and also work out the average position which gave a very interesting result considering the reactions of supporters of a certain club this year. It goes back to 2005.

I'm wondering if we hadn't been so unlucky in the 2012 and 14 playoff finals wether we may have been top.

As I found out, we were top after all.

Watch this space.