British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2016

The flag was adopted in 2013 by Somerset County Council, but the emblem itself has been present on the Somerset Coat of Arms, since it was ratified by the Court of Heralds in 1911........so yep, 105 years worth

Wore that emblem with pride on my Somerset County golf kit back in the early nineties! I like it and the actual design is growing on me with each day. Popped into the OakTree today and it looked much better on a few posters and things i saw it on in there.

Are you insinuating all dragons are Welsh? I'm failing to see what point you are trying to make. Who cares if it's a dragon, a pony or a giraffe - it's now a true representation of the County itself.

The only I've suggested could of been better was the design itself, being on a plain white background which makes it look quite cheap.

Well my mother-in-law wasn't Welsh.
  • Like 3

http://www.somersetrebels.co/news.php?extend.1640

Must admit I'm not keen on the white background, as it makes it look abit 'cheap' and basic - A dark blue background would of been much better.

As it says in the press release though, I think it's probably a long time overdue and becoming politically correct.

I would have thought putting red on a blue background wouldn't show up that well, white is probably the best option.

I would have thought putting red on a blue background wouldn't show up that well, white is probably the best option.

Put a white outline round the centre piece and that would make it stand out just fine. Believe it or not I do this sort of thing for a job so I like to think I know what I'm talking about!

Looks like Josh will miss 6 matches for Rebels doubling up, one being a challenge match so not too bad. Perhaps with a bit of common sense and co operation between the Leagues the clash on August 19th could be changed so he does not miss the first leg of the Scottish Tour away to Edinburgh.

Looks like Josh will miss 6 matches for Rebels doubling up, one being a challenge match so not too bad. Perhaps with a bit of common sense and co operation between the Leagues the clash on August 19th could be changed so he does not miss the first leg of the Scottish Tour away to Edinburgh.

Not such a problem as its a little more easier to get a decent guest for a number one.

Why not rearrange Edinburgh for Friday May 20 according to SS Fixtures both sidea are free that night

But are Grajczonek and Tungate?

There are three DSL matches that night, including Munkebo (Grajczonek) and Slangerup (Tungate)