British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2016

Keep turning left Ian !!! (as they say to the unwell in Speedway circles !!!) :t:

Welcome back Ian - lets hope for Christmas you get a dull and uninspiring Rebels team.
All in the best interest of your health of course - keep the excitment levels to a minimum! wink

Not very kind or appropriate !!!

I'm a little surprised Max Dilger hasn't been mentioned yet either...

I'd get that bump on the head seen to. Looks like you have a mild concussion.

• Like 1

Keep turning left Ian !!! (as they say to the unwell in Speedway circles !!!) :t:

Not very kind or appropriate !!!

it was a light hearted tongue in cheek comment which im sure Ian will see as its intention.

All power to his return to health.

I'd get that bump on the head seen to. Looks like you have a mild concussion.

We have a decent history of Germans in the past, and on decent equipment he could do a job at reserve. He is never going to set the world alight but he is the sort of rider who would go out and beat a heat leader followed by a few 0's on the spin. I'd take that for a 3 pointer personally, especially as it would free up more points in the 1-5 for all round strength - especially as it looks like we aren't going to have an out and out number 1 for the first time since our early PL days. (Discounting Travis McGowan - who was signed as a no.1 but rode more like 6 year old on his first push bike)

I'm not saying it's the best option, it's just one to consider.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

We have a decent history of Germans in the past, and on decent equipment he could do a job at reserve. He is never going to set the world alight but he is the sort of rider who would go out and beat a heat leader followed by a few 0's on the spin. I'd take that for a 3 pointer personally, especially as it would free up more points in the 1-5 for all round strength - especially as it looks like we aren't going to have an out and out number 1 for the first time since our early PL days. (Discounting Travis McGowan - who was signed as a no.1 but rode more like 6 year old on his first push bike)

I'm not saying it's the best option, it's just one to consider.

wont Josh do the job at no1 then,if we have him of course.

it was a light hearted tongue in cheek comment which im sure Ian will see as its intention.

All power to his return to health.

Sorry fueltaps !! Jumped to a conclusion there and after a re-read my humble apologies to you and Ian for my error. :t:

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Best possible line up as if reported Holder has signed for Plymouth

1 Josh 8.5

2 Hartel 5.0

3 Wright 6.89

4 Starke 6.0

5 Tungate 7.75

6 Huckenbeck 5.0

7 Zach 3.0

I can see Howarth in the team now though and think he could do a decent job.

I don't think Huckenbeck can be a 5, as he has raced Polish league with Polonia Pila in 2014, do;nt know wether he was involved in Poland last year though.

Regardless of average, if Kai Huckenbeck can race in the way he did on a borrowed bike in Darcy Ward's meeting at Gillman, he'd be worth any PL's club consideration.

Agreed - even on a 7pt average he would be worth it, he really would . Sounds like it might be Jake Alken though - we will find out on Monday

Edited by Always a RACER