British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2016

What is it with Somerset fans, apparently both Kurtz and Grajczonek arn't number 1's yet if was put into 7 or 8 of 2016's teams WOULD be at number 1

would be happy to see josh at no 1,I think what a few people mean is he sometimes still drops a few points away and not always consistent at home,he finished with good average this year,higher than Brady's I think
  • Like 1

Good luck to Brady Kurtz in his new adventure with Poole. On the occasions I have seen him he has always been great entertainment and a good point scorer for the Rebels. I fully expect him to follow Doyley and Zorro as ex Rebels who have gone on to GP level.

He will, eventually..

Going by a lot of the "Rumours" on here, i can imagine something not too far from this:

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Kyle Howarth 6.98

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

7. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

Total: 42.11

Agree I don't think this will be far off - depends if Josh goes EL with BV which would rule him out.

I see Worrall had signed for BV so he is a definite non starter.

Agree I don't think this will be far off - depends if Josh goes EL with BV which would rule him out.

I see Worrall had signed for BV so he is a definite non starter.

My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't have minded Richie back for another season but he would miss far too many meetings now he's doubling up. I also have doubts over Howarth as well who is riding for Wolves at reserve this year so another one who would miss meetings. I would personally have Jack Holder in place of Kyle. If he isn't returning to Plymouth that is.

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Jack Holder 7.10

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

Total: 42.23

Edited by RebelRebel

My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't have minded Richie back for another season but he would miss far too many meetings now he's doubling up. I also have doubts over Howarth as well who is riding for Wolves at reserve this year so another one who would miss meetings. I would personally have Jack Holder in place of Kyle. If he isn't returning to Plymouth that is.

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Jack Holder 7.10

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

That team looks an awful lot better with Holder in it- would love to see it happen but thought his visa was for 3 years with Plymouth as his sponsor.

That team looks an awful lot better with Holder in it- would love to see it happen but thought his visa was for 3 years with Plymouth as his sponsor.

By the averages though he has achieved the 7 points required so does that not allow him to get a visa in any case? Or am I totally confused with all these speedway rules? The 3pt eligible NL rule does my head in too. Is that 3.00 to 3.99 or what? Do I care -- not really!

Going by a lot of the "Rumours" on here, i can imagine something not too far from this:

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Kyle Howarth 6.98

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

7. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

Total: 42.11

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Jack Holder 7.10

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Jack Holder 7.10

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

would be happy with this team,but also Kyle may get back his old form if back at the oak tree

Agree it would be nice to get Jack Holder who has stated in the Star last week his liking of the OTA. Not sure if there were any sour grapes over last years business, shouldn't be really as neither party was at fault. I would imagine he would probably go to Plymouth again maybe as their number one which would be a massive step up, coming to Somerset would spare him that pressure I suppose.

Kyle Howarth goes well at our place and is great mates with Josh so I'm guessing he is possibly the favourite. Starkey and Wrighty are no brainers and reading between the lines in the Star again it looks like they are nailed on.

The rumour mill has Tungate coming to us, must have impressed Gary at the Pairs.

By the averages though he has achieved the 7 points required so does that not allow him to get a visa in any case? Or am I totally confused with all these speedway rules? The 3pt eligible NL rule does my head in too. Is that 3.00 to 3.99 or what? Do I care -- not really!

I'm not going to even pretend to understand the complex world of visas I just read last year that Jack's was for 3 years and Plymouth are his sponsor. Who knows!

Reference NL riders my understanding is they can't have an average - therefore 3.0 assessed riders and no higher.

As holder has a 7-10 average his visa ia not an issue plus his liking for your track I think you have a very good chance of securing his signature I reckon he enjoyed last season with the devils but when one of the leagues more glamorous clubs are banging at your door its going to be tempting

• Like 2