British Speedway Forum

Raiders 2016

Without boring you with too many details ,

Asked to commit, guaranteed ride

Passed up other offers

Dumped , found out on internet

This doesn't surprise me!

Sorry for Rob but it's actually probably a blessing. Things tend to turn out for the best.

Wishing him well for the future

Edited by Hob Nob
  • Like 2

Without boring you with too many details ,

Asked to commit, guaranteed ride

Passed up other offers

Dumped , found out on internet

Chopper

Taking that as gospel its a disgrace

Many complained about Len Silver but all the riders were looked after, they were paid on time, and Len (sometimes to the detriment of the team) was loyal to the riders he employed. Since last season when the new bloke took over we have seen Mellgren and subsequently NBJ treated badly, all sorts of problems with individuals within the NL side. As a long time supporter i felt last season there was suddenly a stink about the place and that seems to have continued. I don't like what i see and hear and for me it's the whole speedway product not just assembling a decent team. Sorry to see Rob shafted as i think he was a pretty decent servant in his year at Rye.

Unfortunately we dont know the managements reasons for their actions and probably never will...I could hazzard a guess,,but will not on here,,, suffice to say there are always two sides to an argument and we are only hearing one...?

Unfortunately we dont know the managements reasons for their actions and probably never will...I could hazzard a guess,,but will not on here,,, suffice to say there are always two sides to an argument and we are only hearing one...?

Ample opportunity for the "other" side of the story to be aired but as with Mellgren, NBJ, Silver Jnr and now Branford silence. See a pattern emerging?

Save it Bens already got his spot.

Junior

Any body getting involved with Rye House now need a check up from the neck up IMO

We're not dealing with speedway people here. It's my belief they had no idea what they were getting into when they bought the club. Slowly but surely the people that ran the place have either left or been dispensed with.

I'm a natural pessimist at the best of times, but the goings on in the last few months have left me even more concerned as to where the club is going.

• Like 1

Are the Raiders definitely entering the 2016 NL?

They seem to be the only club not to have named at least one signing for 2016

I thought Len Silvers PR was shocking, but this lot aren't any better. Nothing on social media at all since the end of the season directly from the club. The Rockets line up came via the local rag

They were the last to name anyone last term as well

Yep despite the team being signed by end of December.

From the SpeedwayGB Twitter

"Belle Vue and the Isle of Wight join all existing NL teams from 2015 meaning we will have 12 clubs in the tier next season."

Presume this means National League racing is back at Rye House, delighted!

Great news. Was a little worried about the Raiders this year. Hopefully they get a run out as a youth / developing team and not worry about actual results.

• Like 1

I'd start with Bowen and Hughes as our top two with Hume, Bowtell and Hunter filling the bottom three spaces in the side. Then we'd have around 11.6 to sign two more riders.

Bowen's experience in the pits would be fantastic for the younger lads in the team and he'd be a class act at this level.

Bowen is Lens man and is more likely to be at Kent in my opinion..

Owned by Rye and not Len though. He'd be an ideal number one for Kent really, a lot of experience and an average about a point less than Ben at this level.

Would be happy with Ben or Luke as the Raiders' number one, think the other will be at Kent.