British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

Congrats to the weegies - overcame the loss of Spud which was a big blow.

Seemed to be a lot of nerves on the Glasgow side given the number of tapes indiscretions. Good score from sarj helped.

Disappointing number of points let go by our boys but losing Rob was a blow.

7 points is doable but might depend on the replacements for spud & Rob assuming they both miss out.

• Like 1

Heat 10: Lawson,Wolbert,Stichaeur,Riss(Engine Failure)...59.2 (4-2) 32-27

Line Up: Lawson , R/R-Stichaeur , Wolbert , Riss

Comments: Stichaeur takes the rider replacement ride. Monarchs gate but Lawson got to the lead by the back straight lap 1 . Riss stops on the last lap while in 2nd , shame haha

Nice unbiased updates by Paulco this evening :)

• Like 3

Heat 10: Lawson,Wolbert,Stichaeur,Riss(Engine Failure)...59.2 (4-2) 32-27

Line Up: Lawson , R/R-Stichaeur , Wolbert , Riss

Comments: Stichaeur takes the rider replacement ride. Monarchs gate but Lawson got to the lead by the back straight lap 1 . Riss stops on the last lap while in 2nd , shame haha

Nice unbiased updates by Paulco this evening :)

Quality....
  • Like 1

Don't know really were to start a meeting that had everything but hopefully Aaron & Robert are not to serious and best wishes to both,Aaron's in paticular was a real nasty one finding a suitable guest with his point scoring ability is nigh on impossible.

Monarchs in pole position but never say never the lad's really upped it after Aaron's withdrawal as i really couldn't see a seven point lead at that point, I know people will come on here and moan about the length off time the meeting took but the Seriousness off Aaron's crash was sadly just a very unfortunate accident.

Well done to all rider's it wasn't the best i have seen but the closeness off the score kept you on the edge off your seat

Roll on Tomorrow and touch wood no more injuries.

• Like 1

Don't know really were to start a meeting that had everything but hopefully Aaron & Robert are not to serious and best wishes to both,Aaron's in paticular was a real nasty one finding a suitable guest with his point scoring ability is nigh on impossible.

Monarchs in pole position but never say never the lad's really upped it after Aaron's withdrawal as i really couldn't see a seven point lead at that point, I know people will come on here and moan about the length off time the meeting took but the Seriousness off Aaron's crash was sadly just a very unfortunate accident.

Well done to all rider's it wasn't the best i have seen but the closeness off the score kept you on the edge off your seat

Roll on Tomorrow and touch wood no more injuries.

What is the nature of Aaron's injury.

Incredible atmosphere, slow first half due to over zealous Morris / Sarj (though was there a tape problem again - seemed from the 1st bend to be very slack). Over zealous referee.

Second half really took off, after Summers horror crash - was delighted to see him back on his feet. Good racing, huge crowd, great atmosphere in the end. Bomber Harris is quite a wee guy, got him to sign my program - not fat at all. Fireworks, disco lights, dancing, singing, carry on. Great people.

Enough? No I wouldn't have thought so - hopefully a good guest (Worral appears to be favourite - Stevie). Cooks fall (not injured thankfully) really seemed to make the difference and I was astonished that we came away 7 up.

I can't make it tomorrow, but all the best to all speedway fans at the meeting and hopefully no injuries. TBH I'd love to see Edinburgh getting bought by a proper business man and getting out of Armadale. We can and should have two of the biggest speedway teams in Britain, as we certainly have the best derby.

Glasgow looking for friday nights is now OFFICIAL.

• Like 3