British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

All joking aside hoping for two great nights off racing with everyone staying fit the atmosphere at both venues will be electric.

Have to put the Monarchs as favourites as they produce it time after time but you just never know.

agreed both stadiums should be packed and the atmosphere should be even better than the LC final. Will be hoping for the same outcome as that as well mind you. Can't bear the thought of losing this and if we do you won't see me on here till the start of next season i'll be going into hiding.

• Like 1

agreed both stadiums should be packed and the atmosphere should be even better than the LC final. Will be hoping for the same outcome as that as well mind you. Can't bear the thought of losing this and if we do you won't see me on here till the start of next season i'll be going into hiding.

God i hope we win in that case ;) .

• Like 1

See this is the typical fan view of someone who only likes their team when they win everything in sight..............Can't bear the thought of losing.............might take some of the smugs down a few pegs if they do lose over all..........winning is not everything..................good luck to both teams and whatever the result I hope the racing is good and that all the riders stay safe...............

RP

Amazing, even the weather is playing ball.........Apollo and Zeus have picked sides and held back the rain to see how this shakes down.

Big crowds plaenty of banter just who will run out of chips first ???

Might need a few fags to get through this next 2 days (gave up 20 years ago)

Thought of losing will keep me up nights as bragging rights last all Winter, since I work in the west......

Here`s hoping for 2 cracking meetings and 13 safe bodies throughout.......Yes Nick even you........

• Like 2

See this is the typical fan view of someone who only likes their team when they win everything in sight..............Can't bear the thought of losing.............might take some of the smugs down a few pegs if they do lose over all..........winning is not everything..................good luck to both teams and whatever the result I hope the racing is good and that all the riders stay safe...............

RP

See this is a view from a fan who cant stand Edinburgh............. although coming from a Poole fan it is a bit ironic ...........

mickey taking aside I cant believe that people don't want their team to win all that they can.

The oft put out quote "as long as the racing is good" to me, doesn't cut it anymore, I want to see my team win anything they can, and if they get beat then I will deal with it, but I wont stop supporting them.

Edinburgh build their team to the same points limit as everyone else, if we make some shrewd signings don't castigate us for it, I am sure the majority of "Fans" would love to have a successful team to cheer on.

Anyway come on the Blue and Gold, lets put this Tiggers team to the sword over both legs, Just so I can have a smug winter..............

PS One of my buttons is stuck on my keyboard ;) ...........

• Like 1

See this is a view from a fan who cant stand Edinburgh............. although coming from a Poole fan it is a bit ironic ...........

mickey taking aside I cant believe that people don't want their team to win all that they can.

The oft put out quote "as long as the racing is good" to me, doesn't cut it anymore, I want to see my team win anything they can, and if they get beat then I will deal with it, but I wont stop supporting them.

Edinburgh build their team to the same points limit as everyone else, if we make some shrewd signings don't castigate us for it, I am sure the majority of "Fans" would love to have a successful team to cheer on.

Anyway come on the Blue and Gold, lets put this Tiggers team to the sword over both legs, Just so I can have a smug winter..............

PS One of my buttons is stuck on my keyboard ;) ...........

May be I am a Poole fan and have been for best part of 40 years through the good times and the bad...............

I am not a fan of the play offs to be honest and it would not have bothered me if Poole had not won unlike some fair weather fans that all clubs get but what annoys me are people who only support a club when they are winning and slag them off when they are not...................

As long as the racing is good and the riders stay safe surely that is what matters............of course every fan wants their own team to win but is it really that tragic if they don't..........

Watching the play off final at Poole and being a part of that amazing atmosphere was something but to be honest both teams rode their hearts out and both teams deserved to win...........and I admit to shedding a tear when Kacper won heat 14..............

You are right though..........all teams have to work within points limits its just some are better at it than others.................I never castigated anyone for it by the way........

RP

PS I do have fans that are Edinburgh fans however they are like me and there through the good times and the bad

Edited by Red Panda

Oh dear it's nearly that time then!!

Yes as expected I feel very apprehensive about tonight's meeting.

+ = we are the better team

+ = we have experience of winning this stuff

+ = we have the inspiration that is Cookie

- = we are away from home

- = Tiggers are desperate to prove their investments are reaping the rewards

- = mibbe just mibbe Sarj will get away with 7 "special" gates

So I just don't know.

I fear it might come down to tape breaks, engine failures, iced-up goggles - it's gonna be bl**dy freezing!!

At least I'll be able to watch it unfold in the Chatroom in the warm, with a glass of something, with EastEnders on in the background, safe in the knowledge that even if we don't win tonight, we have tomorrow to recover. It'll be even more nerve-wracking tomorrow!!

May the better team win and of course we all know we are the better team!!

nePS O of my buttons is stuck on my keyboard ;) ...........

I .....wish........Red........Panda's.........period.........button...........would ........stick...........off............. :t: Anyway, good luck to the Tigers over the weekend. :drink:

• Like 1

Well its Final weekend up in Scotland , what a great advert for Scottish speedway . Local rivals going for it over 30 heats to claim the title and bragging rights over the cold dark winter .

Would have loved my Witches to make it but from what i have seen this season at Foxhall Edinburgh and Glasgow were the best two teams to visit Suffolk .

Good luck to both teams , hope you put on a good show for your fans .

• Like 2

May be I am a Poole fan and have been for best part of 40 years through the good times and the bad...............

I am not a fan of the play offs to be honest and it would not have bothered me if Poole had not won unlike some fair weather fans that all clubs get but what annoys me are people who only support a club when they are winning and slag them off when they are not...................

As long as the racing is good and the riders stay safe surely that is what matters............of course every fan wants their own team to win but is it really that tragic if they don't..........

Watching the play off final at Poole and being a part of that amazing atmosphere was something but to be honest both teams rode their hearts out and both teams deserved to win...........and I admit to shedding a tear when Kacper won heat 14..............

You are right though..........all teams have to work within points limits its just some are better at it than others.................I never castigated anyone for it by the way........

RP

PS I do have fans that are Edinburgh fans however they are like me and there through the good times and the bad

for the highlighted part I don't think anyone will consider it a tragedy, I know I would feel annoyed for an hour or two but that would be it, it does not rule my life or feelings towards others and I think most people would be the same.

I am glad Glasgow made it to the final though because if we win it is all the sweeter, it will give me a few opportunities to wind up my Tigger friends during the winter.

I suppose by the same token if it goes against us they will do the same to me, that's what sporting rivalry between fans is about.

See this is the typical fan view of someone who only likes their team when they win everything in sight..............Can't bear the thought of losing.............might take some of the smugs down a few pegs if they do lose over all..........winning is not everything..................

RP

Oh the irony, coming from a Poole fan :wink:

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

Think this will be close , well i hope so for the fans anyway .

Glasgow to sneak a win at home and take a slender lead to Edinburgh on Saturday night . But think Edinburgh will be just that little too strong over both legs . Will be close but think Cook will take the winning ride in heat 13 at Edinburgh to just put it out of Glasgow's reach .

But what do i know throw in a couple of dodgy ref calls a couple of EF and it could go either way . .

Nearly time to head for the Horseshoe Bar :drink: I'm texting the updates later , so ..............75-15 to Glasgow

Hope for a good safe meeting for all riders, will be following on updates so thanks for texting tonight, very much appreciated Paulco.