British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

The laid back nature off your post Blobby, few on edge, letter didn't help, In my book that is condoning it as acceptable because off the occasion & Glasgow for issuing a letter.

Read it back Blobby and that is the way it has come across.

In fairness to MrB, Gaz I can't even remember him attacking a poster on here.

So can't imagine he condones unacceptable behaviour.

He's right, there were people on edge ... I was one of them.

And he's also right .. the letter did add fuel - just need to see FB.

When it comes to unacceptable behaviour, instead of people wearing their team colours , decent fans should join as one and simply point out those guilty to the appropriate authorities.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 5

In fairness to MrB, Gaz I can't even remember him attacking a poster on here.

So can't imagine he condones unacceptable behaviour.

He's right, there were people on edge ... I was one of them.

And he's also right .. the letter did add fuel - just need to see FB.

When it comes to unacceptable behaviour, instead of people wearing their team colours , decent fans should join as one simply point out those guilty to the appropriate authorities.

I have no issues with Blobby in-fact i quite like him (god that was hard) but i felt very strongly about this last night and still do why anyone can get upset about a letter and then take it out on someone else is beyond me.

And the point i was trying to make to him was not about attacking any poster George it was the nature off the reply that appeared to condone verbal abuse at Armadale last night and fob it off as the letter's fault nothing to do about on here.

Anyway i have said my piece and will leave it at that.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

I have no issues with Blobby in-fact i quite like him (god that was hard) but i felt very strongly about this last night and still do why anyone can get upset about a letter and then take it out on someone else is beyond me.

And the point i was trying to make to him was not about attacking any poster George it was the nature off the reply that appeared to condone verbal abuse at Armadale last night and fob it off as the letter's fault nothing to do about on here.

Anyway i have said my piece and will leave it at that.

Because as you know, there are some diddies out there that are looking for any excuse.

Yep probably right m8 they certainly took there opportunity last night.

Have you seen Edinburgh FB today?

You'd think they'd got beat.

Talk about "Humble in victory, gracious in defeat"

I always thought it was us Weegies that had a chip on the shoulder in the job description ... some of that lot take the biscuit!

Given the septic tank that's the sectarian hatred that celtic ranger hibs hearts, no wonder tigs v mons gets heated.

That's nothing to do with it , we'd be boxing each other if that was the case . Tigers and Monarchs have had this going on for as long as I can remember , it's called derby rivalry and sometimes it gets a bit more fever pitch than other times

• Like 1

Given the septic tank that's the sectarian hatred that celtic ranger hibs hearts, no wonder tigs v mons gets heated.

As Embra are a "community" miles from their their natural home, does that make them the left footers then?

Edited by george.m

That's nothing to do with it , we'd be boxing each other if that was the case . Tigers and Monarchs have had this going on for as long as I can remember , it's called derby rivalry and sometimes it gets a bit more fever pitch than other times

Yes but it explains the edge that quickly comes to the surface.

Some of the stuff is funny from the monarchs fans on fb but a few should be aloud loose in society.

What would peter karlsson come in on?

Would we get a discount cause he's a oap

• Like 1

Yes but it explains the edge that quickly comes to the surface.

I don't see that myself , there is the same rivalry between other clubs , but at the moment we both are challenging for cups and titles which makes the rivalry a bit more heated by some

Some of the stuff is funny from the monarchs fans on fb but a few should be aloud loose in society.

What would peter karlsson come in on?

Would we get a discount cause he's a oap

It's utter nonsense mate

Have you seen Edinburgh FB today?

You'd think they'd got beat.

Talk about "Humble in victory, gracious in defeat"

I always thought it was us Weegies that had a chip on the shoulder in the job description ... some of that lot take the biscuit!

Agree there were some over-gloating on the fact that it was Glasgow we defeated, rather than concentrating on the overall achievements over the past two seasons within the PL.

However the Glasgow FB is not squeaky clean either when it comes to anti-Edinburgh vitriol, with the some appearing to wish the demise of Edinburgh altogether, now that the long term future of Ashfield has been assured through your new benefactors.

However the Glasgow FB is not squeaky clean either when it comes to anti-Edinburgh vitriol, with the some appearing to wish the demise of Edinburgh altogether, now that the long term future of Ashfield has been assured through your new benefactors.

Don't need to go to Facebook for that tripe. On Saturday some tiggers were slavering how much they hate Armadale and can't wait for the club to be shut. Great speedway fans. Oh and the use of Rangers related insults thrown at Kevin.

In my opinion there are idiots on both sides, as well as folk that need to relax a bit and take a bit of banter. Surely it's occasions like all Scottish finals we are here for?

Losing Aaron was too much he only rode in one race and scored 3 points in his second he was involved in a horrific crash. The effort after that from the rest of the boys showed true spirit to have a lead for second leg. I think edinburgh know that they only won due to our captain being injured. They weren't the best over two legs. We chose a guest who the night before was down scunny at the awards ceremony probably getting rubbered and it showed in his performance at armadale. So well done cookie and co on your title.

What council thing damosuzuki?

Sorry just back - Edinburgh Council not supporting Speedway in their city.

It's a derby for the league there was always going to be a few on edge. I don't think the letter the glasgow owners handed out after the meeting on Friday exactly helped as it added more fuel to the fire IMO.

That is no excuse for vile and despicable abuse directed at innocent bystanders, foul mouthed language including the F*** word, etc. It was disgraceful and inexcusable behaviour by the individual I mentioned earlier, and it would appear there were others as mentioned by Gazc.

As for the leaflet you refer to it did not contain foul mouthed language nor did it state much of what's been misinterpreted by some.