British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2016

That's an improvement on what Plymouth have been used to I suppose since joining the Premier League!

;)

Only time will tell najjer last season was great for our little club snd hopefully we can build on that we might even beat your lot home and away in the league again. Will be interesting to see your side when announced tmrw👍 Edited by lewy

Only time will tell najjer last season was great for our little club snd hopefully we can build on that we might even beat your lot home and away in the league again. Will be interesting to see your side when announced tmrw👍

Absolutely - a lot will depend on who your final rider is, whether it's someone who can hold their own at reserve or a Roland Benko sort of rider. The team assembled so far though looks pretty tidy, especially at home.

I'd rather drag Gjedde out of retirement than Alden. Gjedde spent half his EL career as a 7+ rider while Alden hit 6 at one point before being sacked when it dropped back into the 5s. Alden is only ever a 7ish PL rider but Gjedde has generally been an 8.5+ rider.

Gjedde has some class, Alden is just ok.

I'd fully expect Gjedde to come good, he may start with a few ordinary performances but by the end of the season I bet he's back to being a 9 point man.

I wouldn't have been upset if Coventry had signed Gjedde rather than Woryna.

Edited by SCB

TBH Charlie Gjedde is a far better rider Than Alden or Edburg who Berwick fans seem to adore.

Let's hope he stays injury free as he's a fantastic little rider

I see the Gjedde signing for Plymouth and the Alden signing for Berwick both as gambles, both riders are returning after retirement. Alden at least has made some of track return towards the end of last season, I dont think Gjedde has, both have proved to be good scorers at PL level, both clubs must be hoping both riders can get back to that.

Sorry SCB, but I don`t see Gjedde as a 9pt PL man, no matter how good his return is.

I see the Gjedde signing for Plymouth and the Alden signing for Berwick both as gambles, both riders are returning after retirement. Alden at least has made some of track return towards the end of last season, I dont think Gjedde has, both have proved to be good scorers at PL level, both clubs must be hoping both riders can get back to that.

Sorry SCB, but I don`t see Gjedde as a 9pt PL man, no matter how good his return is.

Well I hope is a 9pt. Premier League Rider screm.

If he can get over initial rustiness - I reckon he is a heck of a signing for Plymouth.

• Like 1

Well I hope is a 9pt. Premier League Rider screm.

If he can get over initial rustiness - I reckon he is a heck of a signing for Plymouth.

To do that Gjedde will have to get back to the kind of scores he was producing for Newport, and that wasn't yesterday.

To do that Gjedde will have to get back to the kind of scores he was producing for Newport, and that wasn't yesterday.

True - but I don't think he would have attempted a comeback if he hadn't thought he could make a go of it. To my mind he was a class Rider - I am hoping that he hasn't lost that class.

TBH Charlie Gjedde is a far better rider Than Alden or Edburg who Berwick fans seem to adore.

Let's hope he stays injury free as he's a fantastic little rider

Berwick fans do not adore Alex Edberg. Where did you get that from?

• Like 3

True - but I don't think he would have attempted a comeback if he hadn't thought he could make a go of it. To my mind he was a class Rider - I am hoping that he hasn't lost that class.

Was is the word you have to bear in mind with Gjedde.

He is now 35 years old.

The last three seasons his career reads.

2013 injured missed entire season

2014 6.49 average in DSL (Kenneth Hansen (2014) and Ulrich Ostergaard (2015) are the closest comparisons)

2015 retired.

Not the most active or impressive riding career in the last 3 seasons.

A half decent third heatleader/ 2nd string, but a number 1 averaging 9 points sorry I don't see it myself.

Fortunately Plymouth have a couple of young riders in Holder and Newman who have the potential to go on a push hard for the number 1 slot at Plymouth.

No doubting that Gjedde has been a class act racing over here, but IMO its about the here and now for the rider, and for his club. As Spin King has pointed out his recent record isn't one to inspire confidence, hopefully for him and Plymouth Gjedde can recapture former glories, I have my doubts.