British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2016

Your right more to this then personalities

You saying that you have a personality...?

Go back over "lewy"'s posts on the Ipswich Threads and your personal attacks on me and Baldyman in particular and you will see where the problem lies. Jealous, ignorant and pathetic would be good and accurate descriptions. Anyway, bored now, move on.

Once again a disgusting act of vandalism is overlooked, so that certain people can have an argument. Sad to say the least.

Not at all. Not an argument at all. For some reason "lewy" has taken a personal dislike to me and another Ipswich Witches Supporter, Updates Texter and former Mechanic.

And the vandalism has not been overlooked and, it appears, the Ipswich Witches Promoter has "come to the rescue" and offered Plymouth Devils the use of the old Foxhall Heath airfence for the remainder of the season. This won't stop "lewy" continuing his rant against me and baldyman of course. Pathetic, Ignorant, Jealous and Spiteful.

Not at all. Not an argument at all. For some reason "lewy" has taken a personal dislike to me and another Ipswich Witches Supporter, Updates Texter and former Mechanic.

And the vandalism has not been overlooked and, it appears, the Ipswich Witches Promoter has "come to the rescue" and offered Plymouth Devils the use of the old Foxhall Heath airfence for the remainder of the season. This won't stop "lewy" continuing his rant against me and baldyman of course. Pathetic, Ignorant, Jealous and Spiteful.

Be the bigger man then?
  • Like 1

Be the bigger man then?

I probably am, in all respects, especially trumpet blowing, but when the clown keeps sniping and then adopts a wounded animal doe eyed French Army pose, it is difficult.

I have given "lewy" enough rein, enough to hang himself but he keeps snidely chipping away like a leaky tap dripping all over you and then chips in with a bit of personal abuse. He is the sort of member who should serve a long term ban.

Pathetic, Jealous, Parochial, Boring, Spiteful keyboard warrior of the worst kind. End Of. Better Man macca56.

I can understand that your annoyed and whatever has happened has happened surely it's not fair to judge one speedway club on one fan.

Personally I like Ipswich and really enjoy when they come down to the SBA and like Chris Louise as a manager. Besides we looked after risager for you for a year ;)

I'd never let some one fan put off my opinion on a whole club.

For example I read opinions off all fans on this forum some I agree with some I disagree with but I respect everyone's opinion, however I think it is best that for whatever reason you both either just sort this out via private message or just agree to ignore each other on this Fourm.

However as you say if it was personal remarks then it is unfair and not nice the speedway family is small enough and in order to survive needs to stick together.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyhow sir.

I can understand that your annoyed and whatever has happened has happened surely it's not fair to judge one speedway club on one fan.

Personally I like Ipswich and really enjoy when they come down to the SBA and like Chris Louise as a manager. Besides we looked after risager for you for a year ;)

I'd never let some one fan put off my opinion on a whole club.

I wasn't and do not see how that has been perceived from my Posts.

I have absolutely nothing against the Plymouth Devils and feel as disgusted about what has happened as everyone else.

As I said, I put my hand in my pocket to help out when the Devils were revived and would've done so again if necessary to contribute to the cost of repairing the airfence, but it appears that the Witches promoter has already answered the call and volunteered the old Foxhall air fence that was replaced at huge cost (£50,000) this season through generous contributions of club sponsors who are the life blood of the sport these days.

For someone who can list twice as many defunct tracks that he has visited since 1969 than ones that are currently in use in Britain, I do not wish to see another speedway club suffer and certainly not close, even if it means track sharing as has been rumoured may happen at Hoddesdon next year with Lakeside riding there on a Monday fixed EL racenight...

Hi everyone. When incidents such as this occur, it should be about concentrating skills and efforts into helping "The Devils" Get through this awful wound to their club ! Team rivalry and conflicting personalities should be put to one side and rather than post venomous remarks get behind the affected Club with encouraging and rallying calls and posts. Don't let, the already low moral of the club be subjected to their own supporters and the "Speedway Family" using the incident as an excuse to rip bits out off each other. For gods sake do something constructive or keep your council !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. When incidents such as this occur, it should be about concentrating skills and efforts into helping "The Devils" Get through this awful wound to their club ! Team rivalry and conflicting personalities should be put to one side and rather than post venomous remarks get behind the affected Club with encouraging and rallying calls and posts. Don't let, the already low moral of the club be subjected to their own supporters and the "Speedway Family" using the incident as an excuse to rip bits out off each other. For gods sake do something constructive or keep your council !!!

Ipswich Borough Council? No Thanks :-)

Quite agree. Some are only one here for their own reasons, and not really about Plymouths current problem. Blowing their own trumpet.

Hope Plymouth do accept one of the offers of an old fence. It would then mean they had plenty of time to get their fence repaired either professionally(expensive), or by competent people in a non urgent timescale. Plymouth certainly have had some regular and damaging knocks in their existence, let's hope the current problems are easily overcome and they cam come to the tapes in 2017.

Never been myself, but my regular updates from HalifaxTiger, would suggest it would be worth the visit. Good Luck.

Ipswich Borough Council? No Thanks :-)

Oh Dear. :sad:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

I really do wonder what 'people' get out of doing something like this. Northside have had a similar problem, with the track and it's facilities being vandalised and thefts having taken place. Someone, somewhere must know the culprits. Let's hope they do the decent thing and 'shop' them.

• Like 5

Quite agree. Some are only one here for their own reasons, and not really about Plymouths current problem. Blowing there own trumpet.

There / Their - expected better of you Dave. No trumpets being blown here, only at Foxhall Heath on race-nights, just genuine love for the sport backed up with some financial support wherever I can.

The sport that I have been following since 1969 and then in 1971 when I first handed over some money to a rider - my weekly pay packet as a paper boy, to Charlie Benham at Romford.

(Fact is if "lewy" kept his beak out and stopped proffering personal insults on various Ipswich Witches Threads, then he wouldn't be getting it back, which he can't cope with. Sorry, but if you dish it out...... At least he generates enough hot air and manure to keep the replacement fence inflated at no extra expense :-) )

There / Their - expected better of you Dave. No trumpets being blown here, only at Foxhall Heath on race-nights, just genuine love for the sport backed up with some financial support wherever I can.

The sport that I have been following since 1969 and then in 1971 when I first handed over some money to a rider - my weekly pay packet as a paper boy, to Charlie Benham at Romford.

(Fact is if "lewy" kept his beak out and stopped proffering personal insults on various Ipswich Witches Threads, then he wouldn't be getting it back, which he can't cope with. Sorry, but if you dish it out...... At least he generates enough hot air and manure to keep the replacement fence inflated at no extra expense :-) )

Why do you feel the need to publicly continue to do this? No matter what your issue is with Lewy, to be 'giving it back' or whatever term you use on a subject or thread as this current one, will always appear to be in bad taste. Can't you see this?

• Like 9

Here we go again !!! - - - - - - - - I give up !!!

• Like 2

Quite agree. Some are only one here for their own reasons, and not really about Plymouths current problem. Blowing there own trumpet.

Hope Plymouth do accept one of the offers of an old fence. It would then mean they had plenty of time to get their fence repaired either professionally(expensive), or by competent people in a non urgent timescale. Plymouth certainly have had some regular and damaging knocks in their existence, let's hope the current problems are easily overcome and they cam come to the tapes in 2017.

Never been myself, but my regular updates from HalifaxTiger, would suggest it would be worth the visit. Good Luck.

Had it on good authority that they have fixed four panels (been at it all day) and have some coming from Ipswich.

'Touch and go' for Friday.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1