British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2016

Its a little bit early, but I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the forumers a happy, prosperous and above all healthy christmas and new year. may the speedway days be warm and dry on race days following overnight rain at every track

Especially Redcar....................

• 3 weeks later...

see from a little bit in todays WMN Rob Doran will be revealing at next Fridays quiz night at Topsham the whereabouts of the ptoposed new Exeter track. Could it be a silver plated return also notice that the newly approved Circuit of Wales are proposing a 400 metre INDOOR Speedway track to be used in tthe main for rider trainiing seems they have got their sticky fingers on £125 million of government grant money.

Sorry this is incorrect, Rob will NOT reveal the location of his intended track at Friday's quiz night. He will be updating fans on recent developments, but it will be good news. The location will not be announced until planning permission has been applied for so as not to forwarn the NIMBYS. If you are interested the Quiz Night is being held at the Nelson Inn at Topsham. Tapes up 7.30pm.

The WMN article says Rob will be maing an announcement about a proposed new venue for speedway in EXETER it seems that you are saying he will not be identifying the venue, i think it would be a better idea to put in a pre planning application, it could save a shed load of money over the planning process.every speedway fan i speak to are fully aware of the location anyway.

Polish Dave who has lived and worked in Launceston for the past 3 years and has been a regular after the meeting aandd SAturday practice rider at Plymouth has at last got himself a team place..............for Torun in Poland

Anybody know his full name? Dawid.......? I think I saw him at Eastbourne once and looked very lively. Would be nice to keep an eye on his results.

see from a little bit in todays WMN Rob Doran will be revealing at next Fridays quiz night at Topsham the whereabouts of the ptoposed new Exeter track. Could it be a silver plated return also notice that the newly approved Circuit of Wales are proposing a 400 metre INDOOR Speedway track to be used in tthe main for rider trainiing seems they have got their sticky fingers on £125 million of government grant money.

An amazing post......Here's to both of these things happening. I see good things for Speedway in the UK over the next few years, starting this season with the NSS

Personally, I think it would be in the best interests of speedway in general, and particularly of those trying to resurrect Exeter Falcons at present, to avoid idle speculation as to where the possible site of any new track may be.

It is hard enough to get planning approval etc without well-meaning ( or otherwise ) folk trying to publicly guess the whereabouts of the site.

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

at last nights Herald newspaper sports awards at the Plymouth Pavilions The Devils were awarded the trophy for team of the year it was presented by Kevin Keegan and Sharon Davies. I think she has fallen in the water a few times.

Not a famously as Bluebottle from the goon show though !

• Like 3

was it Prince Charles boat that was called Bluebottle or was it Uffa Fox.

Looking at the fixture list what is the point in a Good Friday Challenge with a League cup TWO WEEKS later at zummerzet, the Swindon/Poole fixture is now on Easter Sunday not Good Friday which means I think both Plymouth and Zummerzet teams can be at FULL STRENGTH ON GF evening the reason it became a challenge in the first place. because it was assumed that Poole and Swindon would do as in years past with both legs on GF.

Looking at the fixture list what is the point in a Good Friday Challenge with a League cup TWO WEEKS later at zummerzet, the Swindon/Poole fixture is now on Easter Sunday not Good Friday which means I think both Plymouth and Zummerzet teams can be at FULL STRENGTH ON GF evening the reason it became a challenge in the first place. because it was assumed that Poole and Swindon would do as in years past with both legs on GF.

Somerset wont want to ride against a full strengt devils side thats probably why the lc match is scheduled for 8th april when we wont be at full strength hopefully the powers that be will insist the fixture goes ahead when both teams are at full strength! Edited by lewy

It was the Duke of Edinburgh's boat, and he used to sail with Uffa Fox. Yes I looked it up.

Edited by Tsunami