British Speedway Forum

Cradley 2016

mdmc82

Who's going then? Andrews ( young & in need of more racing to advance his career ) Purchase ,(older but not wiser, rushes into first turn & then parks it.Read tonight on speedway updates that he then gives up after one lap.seen that at Buxton & Coventry ) You make your own minds up.

And at Eastbourne, it does my head in when he just toddles around at the back, he needs to remember a "race" is for for 4 Laps, and when he does this he gets so far back, that if an inexperienced youngster in front makes a mistake he is then to far back to capitalise.... Its a no Brainer.

• Like 1

And at Eastbourne, it does my head in when he just toddles around at the back, he needs to remember a "race" is for for 4 Laps, and when he does this he gets so far back, that if an inexperienced youngster in front makes a mistake he is then to far back to capitalise.... Its a no Brainer.

Sadly its an attitude that comes from the higher realms of the sport but doesn't mean there is any excuse for it. Sadly some riders forget it is a privilege to ride for a team and one that plenty would be extremely grateful of.

How is any rider suppose to improve or work out a set up if the just poodle round at the back?

Whilst all fans are hoping a riders score points the only thing the expect is a bit of effort.

The strangest thing about last night at Kings Lynn is how one reserve gets 0 from 6 rides and the other 4+1 from only 4 rides. There is somehting strange going on there. Apparently Bradley was having a good go last night and looked in the mix in most of his races. I didn;'t go so can't comment beyond that.

As far as James is concerned the reason I haven't criticised him for tootling round at the back in some races was that he did pick up an injury earlier in the season. If that has cleared up then I'm afraid the criticism may be deserved.

Lets not put any pressure on Layne Cupitt to perform wonders. He's learning the trade and his scores at Lynn haven't been spectacular. I thought we may be playing a game on when averages come into play but his scores suggest he is a 3 pointer for now at least. good luck to him though.

I still think the biggest problem is filling Jack Kingston's place. In reality R/R for him away from home gives us 4 reserves in the team.

Bradley Andrews gated competitively all night but was passed in heat 2 by Whitmore (on home debut), in heat 3 by Kinsley, in heat 6 by Campos and in heat 9 by Kinsley before then leading Bailey & Campos in heat 10 for a lap, and still in front of Campos until last lap when again he was passed.

Whitmore also passed Basford twice.

Purchase gave up after 1st lap of heat 4, was awarded 3rd in heat 8 whilst last, and held off a quicker Whitmore in his other two.

I suggest Pottinger thought that Andrews was more likely to come 1st or 2nd even though Purchase had a better h2h with Whitmore ultimately...

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 1

or even finishing them.

We are struggling in both departments, we can all see the Team has been built wrongly, but after the For sale not for sale fiasco, added to the are we at Perry Barr or are we at Monmore green, we were left with very little choice in the way of Team building, all the better reserves had been signed up, most of the middle order riders had been signed up, so Options were severely limited, and most of this stems from those goings on.

Looks from the programme last night that a signing has been made to replace Kingston but he is currently recovering from injury. No names mentioned but who else fits the bill other than Richard Andrews?

I was very impressed by Layne Cupitt last night. He got a bit fat zero for his trouble but you couldn't fault the lad for determination and commitment. He certainly looks quick enough to compete and I think he will get a few points when he settles down.

• Like 1

Probably will be Richie, do the 4 plus meetings to lower his average , then be back at Eastie next year on a nice low figure! :lol: (Before i get any reply's this is tongue in cheek, although would be handy for team building next year!)

Edited by gazzac

• 2 months later...

After a 60-29 thumping at the paws of the Bog Moggies, it's not looking too bright for us to make the playoffs. Belle Vue have still got a pile of home matches left to run and should overcome the 2 point gap.

Rider Replacement for Big Jim isn't working at all and when you look around for riders to sign on a 3.59 average there is nobody I can see that would make any noticeable difference. I could suggest Ollie the Ommer has a go on a three point average. I suspect that would pull things around nicely!!! :lol:

Going into the season with such a strong top two meant that we really needed one of our three pointers to do what Dan Bewley, JPB or Jack Smith have done but unfortunately it hasn't happened.

Oh well, at least we have a team to support this season so we need to be grateful for that.

Hopefully the balance of the team will be better next season if we have more time to plan this winter and can sign riders early.

It's still not over of course but the second strings and reserves really do need to turn things around away from home for us to get into the shake up.

Very surprised at how poor Cradley were today. Was amazed to see Ben Basford pop up from behind the fence after that awful looking smash, these speedway riders are tough. Witnessed an impressive performance from Jordan Jenkins today, huge future ahead of him. Nice to see lots of Cradley supporters today, been to Monmore to watch a couple of meetings this season and always enjoy the atmosphere.

• Like 1