British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2016

In the good news - I brought along two people the other week. One has been back twice since, and the other hasn't but is organising a day out to the speedway with five friends. It's like anything else though. Basketball looks deadly boring to me but I'm sure if you went to a few games you'd start to understand the intricacies and enjoy it a lot more.

• Like 3

Agree with speed ace about using meeting threads for another subject, but when someone else raised the point I wasn't going to start a new thread. It does annoy me when a thread goes off in a completely different tangent. Oops maybe I should have posted that in the "What annoys me" thread. :D:cheers:

Fair enough, I certainly concede I was arguing on probably the incorrect thread but I am very concerned about pricing.

I believe Glasgow are charging too much and that it may IMO be a fundamental flaw.

The pricing is stiffer than most tracks, but the ambience is better. What needs to be addressed is the back straight viewing.

No point in increasing crowd if the newbies can't see, because they won't be back. A serious flaw in the grand plan?

How about just standing somewhere else, fourth bend is decent viewing and not always packed out. Second bend between pits gate and phone mast is also good.

If in any doubt where to stand ask one of the locals in red and white.

• Like 1

How about just standing somewhere else, fourth bend is decent viewing and not always packed out. Second bend between pits gate and phone mast is also good.

Good point. 4th bend covered area had plenty space on Sunday.

Good point. 4th bend covered area had plenty space on Sunday.

4th bend covered is where I stand now.

My traditional (and still preferred, in terms of viewing) berth was the left hand side of the enclosure but it's too busy for me to be comfy now.

Now the fourth will be mobbed and other people can stand on back straight and see. ;):cheers:

• Like 1

thankfully I missed sundays rout, but regarding the track, has there not been more passing(from both teams) already this season than all of last season put together.

my big worry was the number of riders careering into THAT air fence panel every week.

entertainments been spot on so far.

(almost) no complaints from me.

Edited by highroad119
  • Like 1

True, but Sunday was a bit strange in that they didn't water hardly at all during the match, because they'd left it dry before it started .... so tbh it wasn't the best. Bit grippy but then again I don't think there would have been much difference.

Am not quite sure what you are saying they absolutely soaked the ttrack the day before and before the racing. it was a bit heavy on turns 3 and 4 but the times were fast and some races were competitive especially when they made the gate and the Summers pass was unbelievable

Should of shown a derby at Ashfield last year would of been a far more competitive than this year as Glasgow will win convincingly. But that's what Nigel and kelvin want to see though.

Nah,the Monarchs will be well into things by then and will be well up for it, once Clegg and Bewley transfer their NL form to the premier, this could give Glasgow one of their toughest tests at home.

Think it will be a cracker, especially if the monarchs fans turn up in large numbers to create a good atmosphere.

Nah,the Monarchs will be well into things by then and will be well up for it, once Clegg and Bewley transfer their NL form to the premier, this could give Glasgow one of their toughest tests at home.

Think it will be a cracker, especially if the monarchs fans turn up in large numbers to create a good atmosphere.

Think you are right. Hope blobby and co keep talking down there team and monarchs fans decide not to come through. we saw what happens when there are only a few monarchs fans around in the league cup match, the monarchs riders didn't seem to give as much as you would have thought and we won easily

• Like 1

Add in that Etheridge will likely have departed by then and it could be that bit harder.

• Like 1

Should of shown a derby at Ashfield last year would of been a far more competitive than this year as Glasgow will win convincingly. But that's what Nigel and kelvin want to see though.

Oh come on MrB, the whole world isn't against you.

Just 99% of us. ;)