British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2016

Didn't want another telling off for forgetting the last time but if you are waiting on an apology from Cyclone i wouldn't hold my breath he is never wrong in his world just some can see the bigger picture.

To be fair no-one is knocking him in defending his club or any other Edinburgh supporter for that matter we do the same but he does resort to name calling all too often but hey ho so be it i wouldn't worry about it we certainly don't when we are on the receiving end :t: .

Try being a Poole supporter though..............we are on the receiving end of loads of abuse the majority of which is unjustified but try and defend the team or management for being successful and you are asking for trouble.............

RP

Boy

Fixed that for you.

Im only being nice to you because of the generosity giving us a 14 point lead at the top off the league.

Ahem! I know you so called 'big' teams think you are the be all and end all but when I looked your lead at the top was 'only' 12 points :P Are you Alan Stubbs in disguise? ;)

Sorry for the delay cyclone had a busy day now i will try and answer your questions 1] GLASGOW would not have closed 2] Berge said he was leaving on the Saturday was told he could leave his stuff at ALLIED till the Monday but said no. Bellego was coming from Berwick sometime for him on the Saturday so he would wait outside till he arrived.Just a addition to the Berge situation the previous year Gerry Facenna paid the hotel bill for Berges mother while he was in hospital [ SUCH A BAD PERSON ] Could you answer my questions now Cyclone Mind you i think it says something about French riders Bellego 4 tracks in 4/5 years Berge 3 tracks in 3 years very LOYAL

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 3

Ahem! I know you so called 'big' teams think you are the be all and end all but when I looked your lead at the top was 'only' 12 points :P Are you Alan Stubbs in disguise? ;)

No definitely 14 dear ;) .

Only show in town 69 pts

that wee team 55 pts

And the last time i looked in the mirror i bore no resemblence to Elephant Man :D .

Edited by Gazc

Oh dear, I ignore this site for a few weeks and bedlam breaks out!

I praised the new Glasgow promotion for all their good work last year, competitive team, decent track, great stadium improvements but they let themsleves badly with their reaction to the Friday night issue. I am sure the rules say that you cannot race within 30 miles of a neighbouring track on the same night. Their reaction was the usual Weegie throw the toys oot the pram!

I am sure that when Edinburgh ran Conference meetings on a Saturday afternoon that we had to finish early a couple of times to allow ambulance, machine examiner and possibly even fans to get to Berwick in time.

It seems that the new promotion are of the opinion that because they have a few quid they can do what they like - fortunately, despite this being speedway - you can't.

It's probably too much to hope for amicable relations between the two promotions given the childish actions especially from the Glasgow side over the last six months - me? couldn't care, I 'll turn up most Fridays at the Dale for good speedway and the odd beer and perhaps a PL title or 4, sorry 5

• Like 4

No definitely 14 dear ;) .

Only show in town 69 pts

that wee team 55 pts

And the last time i looked in the mirror i bore no resemblence to Elephant Man :D .

Think you need a new abacus sweet pea or new glasses lol

69-57=12 :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

• Like 1

I am sure the rules say that you cannot race within 30 miles of a neighbouring track on the same night.

Hi DavyH, been much debate about this on here and elsewhere.

Best I can make out from a reliable and knowledgeable source is that there is no rule, just a gentleman's agreement on 35 miles.

Think you need a new abacus sweet pea or new glasses lol

69-57=12 :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

Yes i was that used to the wee team from Leith being that far behind i hadn't noticed the other wee team from Falkirk had crept up although it will be 15 after our game in hand i stand corrected :D .

• Like 1

Hi DavyH, been much debate about this on here and elsewhere.

Best I can make out from a reliable and knowledgeable source is that there is no rule, just a gentleman's agreement on 35 miles.

Gentleman's agreement? Promoters? No chance of that working then! ;)

• Like 2

The reason for Monarchs success has been down to massive overspend. You have been bailed out by the late Brian Gray the,Fans Trust donated 9000-00 last season,the bucket brigade [we will close unless you give us money] Workington speedway [ have they been PAID yet ] Even the new additions to the board [no more money UNLESS we are made directors i believe ] apoligies if you have been missed

Aye keep spouting the same unsubstantiated crap and ignore the on-track facts that you have been living in our shadows for some time.

If Jack & Victor Soprano hadn't bailed you lot out, you would have gone to wall, but let's ignore that eh.

As are the "man in the know", care to confirm or deny that the Geraldo & Michael Angelo Facenna :-

a) sent the heavies round to evict Dimitri Berge from his lodgings and repossessed his van, leaving him and his possessions on the street ?

b ) instructed their fellow Directors not to attend the second leg of the Premier League Play Off at Armadale ?

Sorry for the delay cyclone had a busy day now i will try and answer your questions 1] GLASGOW would not have closed 2] Berge said he was leaving on the Saturday was told he could leave his stuff at ALLIED till the Monday but said no. Bellego was coming from Berwick sometime for him on the Saturday so he would wait outside till he arrived.Just a addition to the Berge situation the previous year Gerry Facenna paid the hotel bill for Berges mother while he was in hospital [ SUCH A BAD PERSON ] Could you answer my questions now Cyclone Mind you i think it says something about French riders Bellego 4 tracks in 4/5 years Berge 3 tracks in 3 years very LOYAL

Where exactly in your 8.30am post are the "questions" that you refer to? - they are unsubstantiated statements by yourself which you still have to elaborate on with detailed proof.

Specifically, give more details of :-

a) How were Monarchs bailed out by the late Brian Gray and what was the sum involved?

Is it not common that Directors of Sports Clubs do put money into the clubs that they support?

I am aware that my own Promotion have subsidised the club through hard times.

Perhaps all the Glasgow Directors have never required to do this

b ) “Workington speedway [ have they been PAID yet ]” – Having already enlightened GazC that Craig Cook was purchased in full, if you are aware of some other unpaid debt, please elaborate, as I’m sure the Edinburgh Promotion would be interested to know and would act accordingly.

c) “Even the new additions to the board [no more money UNLESS we are made directors i believe ]” -

I believe that is not the case if you are referring to Norma and Eddie McKenna who were unconditionally invited to join the Board. I was going to suggest that you could ask Eddie himself on 3rd April at Ashfield, but is he still pettily barred from your stadium?

Re Dimitri Berge, your description of his leaving differs from his own statement (post 1198, Glasgow 2015), viz.:-

Berge statement:

"I owe the truth to the Glasgow Tigers Fans. I did not loose my confidence and still have full faith in my ability to ride - this is not the reason that pushed me to leave the club. During the past few months I was under constant pressure from the management team and I was not in a trusting work relationship, that I believe is an essential part of my sport. I left the team because I could no longer put up with the "ambiance". I will not make any further comment in respect to the sponsors, fans and my mechanic Robert all of whom have always supported and respected me.

I would like to thank the fans and the sponsors but also Alison, Laura, Lindsay, Jim, Ian, Jennifer, Georges and I am sure I am forgetting many others.

I wish the best of luck to my team mates and to my friend Victor "à bientôt".

Believe me they have crossed the Red Line but what is the point of airing our dirty laundry online ! I want the Glasgow Club to keep their honour because of my great respect for you my fans but not for them .

Tigers Riders have as safe journey on your way to a long-awaited victory !"

Finally I note you have neither confirmed, nor denied that Geraldo & Michael Angelo Facenna instructed their fellow Directors not to attend the second leg of the Premier League Play Off at Armadale.

Alan Dick & Colin Hamilton were frequent Friday night visitors at Armadale in 2015, and I do not recall their presence for this meeting.

Care to answer now ?

Edited by cyclone

Where exactly in your 8.30am post are the "questions" that you refer to? - they are unsubstantiated statements by yourself which you still have to elaborate on with detailed proof.

Specifically, give more details of :-

a) How were Monarchs bailed out by the late Brian Gray and what was the sum involved?

Is it not common that Directors of Sports Clubs do put money into the clubs that they support?

I am aware that my own Promotion have subsidised the club through hard times.

Perhaps all the Glasgow Directors have never required to do this

b ) “Workington speedway [ have they been PAID yet ]” – Having already enlightened GazC that Craig Cook was purchased in full, if you are aware of some other unpaid debt, please elaborate, as I’m sure the Edinburgh Promotion would be interested to know and would act accordingly.

c) “Even the new additions to the board [no more money UNLESS we are made directors i believe ]” -

I believe that is not the case if you are referring to Norma and Eddie McKenna who were unconditionally invited to join the Board. I was going to suggest that you could ask Eddie himself on 3rd April at Ashfield, but is he still pettily barred from your stadium?

Re Dimitri Berge, your description of his leaving differs from his own statement (post 1198, Glasgow 2015), viz.:-

Berge statement:

"I owe the truth to the Glasgow Tigers Fans. I did not loose my confidence and still have full faith in my ability to ride - this is not the reason that pushed me to leave the club. During the past few months I was under constant pressure from the management team and I was not in a trusting work relationship, that I believe is an essential part of my sport. I left the team because I could no longer put up with the "ambiance". I will not make any further comment in respect to the sponsors, fans and my mechanic Robert all of whom have always supported and respected me.

I would like to thank the fans and the sponsors but also Alison, Laura, Lindsay, Jim, Ian, Jennifer, Georges and I am sure I am forgetting many others.

I wish the best of luck to my team mates and to my friend Victor "à bientôt".

Believe me they have crossed the Red Line but what is the point of airing our dirty laundry online ! I want the Glasgow Club to keep their honour because of my great respect for you my fans but not for them .

Tigers Riders have as safe journey on your way to a long-awaited victory !"

Finally I note you have neither confirmed, nor denied that Geraldo & Michael Angelo Facenna instructed their fellow Directors not to attend the second leg of the Premier League Play Off at Armadale.

Alan Dick & Colin Hamilton were frequent Friday night visitors at Armadale in 2015, and I do not recall their presence for this meeting.

Care to answer now ?

I was going to suggest that you could ask Eddie himself on 3rd April at Ashfield, but is he still pettily barred from your stadium?

It seems like there's a lot of petty stuff going on ( ie ) The big fella being barred from Ashfield & wee snapper barred from Armadale ;o)

Edited by jawajoe

Yes I am barred from all Speedway meetings at Armadale, a bit silly but there you are :cry::cry::cry:

isn't our main sponsors and now directors also barred from Glasgow ??

a bit silly but there you are :o