British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2016

The reason for Monarchs success has been down to massive overspend. You have been bailed out by the late Brian Gray the,Fans Trust donated 9000-00 last season,the bucket brigade [we will close unless you give us money] Workington speedway [ have they been PAID yet ] Even the new additions to the board [no more money UNLESS we are made directors i believe ] apoligies if you have been missed

• Like 1

Think you've been sharing too many Buckie & Methadone cocktails with the Weegies on here, to come out with this incoherent tripe :P

Oops, forgot the Ashfield cocktail also includes a large dash of Bitters :drink:

I doubt that very much..................I am more of a red wine person.............

RP

Well the spoon burning brigade are really making a complete James Hunt off themselves here and there arrogance is well just the usual bull but do not despair fellow Tigeratti , once Armadump is bulldozed for rehab centres the further they move away from us the better as they will have no influence on our great club.

And also the stench will take longer to drift west along the M8 so it will be a double celebration.

Think you've been sharing too many Buckie & Methadone cocktails with the Weegies on here, to come out with this incoherent tripe :P

Oops, forgot the Ashfield cocktail also includes a large dash of Bitters :drink:

And you called me a bully Oh the irony.

Edinburgh's behaviour is nothing short of disgraceful.

They've objected because they "COULD" have a fixture that day that shows in the calendar as 'TBC'

Pathetic and is quite obvious jealousy over Glasgow being given the fixture.

Advice for Glasgow, can you put 'TBC' against every other day of the week accept Friday's then object to every rescheduled Edinburgh fixture because you "COULD" have a fixture that day.

That's how petty this all is. It's sad

• Like 4

Surely it's Glasgow denying our fans the chance by trying to have the meeting on the Friday knowing we ride on a Friday no?

But Edinburgh don't have a fixture on that date do they?

Could it be a case of a bit of envy over Glasgow holding it. Edinburgh are just making themselves look very bitter & childish.

Very unsporting

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 3

The PLRC is held at Sheffield on a Sunday although they race on Thursday night, Glasgow don't/can't run that day. Why is one club allowed to do this and the other cant? Glasgow didn't just presume that they could run on the Friday for the British semi final, they asked the BSPA if they could as there were nonPL fixtures that night, the BSPA came back and said yes we the BSPA are happy for you to run that night, it then seems Edinburgh objected to this and the BSPA are doing a u turn, who is running British speedway???

• Like 4

The bitterness that is coming from the East is disgraceful and is ruining our sport. I did not agree with the letter that went out last year and neither did the majority of the Glasgow fans , it did not stop us from going to Armadale, and lets not forget it was the Facenna's first season so mistakes were made, however things appear to have gone out of control now. Having a British semi final on the Friday at Glasgow , when there were no arranged fixtures at Armadale would not be harming Edinburgh at all.. All this bitterness and smugness will however affect Glasgow fans going through to the east... I enjoy the banter between both sets of fans, but I am getting sick of being told we are bad losers and that we are envious of Edinburgh's success. Glasgow fans are not glory hunters and have supported the team throughout very difficult times and will continue to do so . I hope that both promotions will sit around the table and sort things out so that we can all go back to being speedway supporters and not trying to outdo each other.

• Like 2

Edinburgh's behaviour is nothing short of disgraceful.

They've objected because they "COULD" have a fixture that day that shows in the calendar as 'TBC'

Pathetic and is quite obvious jealousy over Glasgow being given the fixture.

Advice for Glasgow, can you put 'TBC' against every other day of the week accept Friday's then object to every rescheduled Edinburgh fixture because you "COULD" have a fixture that day.

That's how petty this all is. It's sad

The PLRC is held at Sheffield on a Sunday although they race on Thursday night, Glasgow don't/can't run that day. Why is one club allowed to do this and the other cant? Glasgow didn't just presume that they could run on the Friday for the British semi final, they asked the BSPA if they could as there were nonPL fixtures that night, the BSPA came back and said yes we the BSPA are happy for you to run that night, it then seems Edinburgh objected to this and the BSPA are doing a u turn, who is running British speedway???

There is no could about it, Edinburgh will have a meeting that night. Every team in the league has a TBC against their name that week as it is scheduled for the league cup semi finals or more likely a rained off league cup group match. We all complain bitterly when the league cup is still running in october this 'free week' is when all clubs are supposed to get their finger out and get it sorted. Edinburgh never plan for a free week except the night of the pairs.

The Glasgow promotion knew that, the sensible course of action would be to speak to Edinburgh and try to find out if there would be a problem and potentially arrange a compromise of some description. No instead they just want to pick a fight.

BTW Somerset and Plymouth have a TBC match that night and it is Coventry vs Lakeside so James Sergeant, Chris Harris, Josh Bates, Danny King, Jason Garrity, Lewis Kerr, Lewis Bridger and Robert Mear are all definitely unavailable. Then Kyle Newman, Stefan Nielsen, Charles Wright, Paul Starke and Max Clegg would all potentially be unavailable for that night and that does not include opponents of the rebels, devils and monarchs.

Does that sound like a sensible night to run the British Semi-Final?

• Like 1

There is no could about it, Edinburgh will have a meeting that night. Every team in the league has a TBC against their name that week as it is scheduled for the league cup semi finals or more likely a rained off league cup group match. We all complain bitterly when the league cup is still running in october this 'free week' is when all clubs are supposed to get their finger out and get it sorted. Edinburgh never plan for a free week except the night of the pairs.

The Glasgow promotion knew that, the sensible course of action would be to speak to Edinburgh and try to find out if there would be a problem and potentially arrange a compromise of some description. No instead they just want to pick a fight.

BTW Somerset and Plymouth have a TBC match that night and it is Coventry vs Lakeside so James Sergeant, Chris Harris, Josh Bates, Danny King, Jason Garrity, Lewis Kerr, Lewis Bridger and Robert Mear are all definitely unavailable. Then Kyle Newman, Stefan Nielsen, Charles Wright, Paul Starke and Max Clegg would all potentially be unavailable for that night and that does not include opponents of the rebels, devils and monarchs.

Does that sound like a sensible night to run the British Semi-Final?

You sound like a 'sensible' person so as the BSPA allocated the fixture to Glasgow surely it was extremely sensible of them to ask the BSPA when they could run it, after all the BSPA are in charge of the fixtures for all teams so would have the best idea when most riders would be available. Get the date in the fixture list and then teams can decide whetehr to use their 'reserved' date and go with a guest or not. Picking a day when there are actual fixtures programmed will cause more problems and would ahve fans up in arms! When would you run it? On a Sunday when Woffinden, Harris, Nicholls etc aren't available cos they are in Poland - that would make for 2 fair semis, one with all the stars in it and the other at Glasgow. Perhaps Thursday when there are guaranteed fixtures in the UK not TBC fixtures. Perhaps Tuesday Sweden. You see what I am saying???

• Like 2

I agree Sharpen Rake it shouldn't be a discussion point. The bspa (not Glasgow or Edinburgh) should pick date and venue and make sure there are no other fixture conflicts. If that meant it was a Friday night at Glasgow then I would have no problem with it. Once the draw was made and we know the riders competing teams may choose to arrange a fixture the same night fair enough.

The problem with your point is that Edinburgh, Plymouth and Somerset's fixture is not provisional all 3 are definitely having a meeting they just don't know their opponents yet. Now again all 3 could be told to use their alternate race night that week and again I would agree

It doesn't solve the problem of Coventry vs lakeside probably the 2 teams with most British riders. Therefore the bspa should have told Glasgow that date was a nonstarter before other clubs were involved.

This a bspa issue blown into a public Glasgow vs Edinburgh spat by Glasgow as it suits their agenda.

• Like 3

I agree Sharpen Rake it shouldn't be a discussion point. The bspa (not Glasgow or Edinburgh) should pick date and venue and make sure there are no other fixture conflicts. If that meant it was a Friday night at Glasgow then I would have no problem with it. Once the draw was made and we know the riders competing teams may choose to arrange a fixture the same night fair enough.

The problem with your point is that Edinburgh, Plymouth and Somerset's fixture is not provisional all 3 are definitely having a meeting they just don't know their opponents yet. Now again all 3 could be told to use their alternate race night that week and again I would agree

It doesn't solve the problem of Coventry vs lakeside probably the 2 teams with most British riders. Therefore the bspa should have told Glasgow that date was a nonstarter before other clubs were involved.

This a bspa issue blown into a public Glasgow vs Edinburgh spat by Glasgow as it suits their agenda.

Exactly.

At last some common sense from Embra, rather than the social stereo-typing of someone living in the dark ages and the emotional jealousy of the promotion's PR representative.

The reason for Monarchs success has been down to massive overspend. You have been bailed out by the late Brian Gray the,Fans Trust donated 9000-00 last season,the bucket brigade [we will close unless you give us money] Workington speedway [ have they been PAID yet ] Even the new additions to the board [no more money UNLESS we are made directors i believe ] apoligies if you have been missed

Aye keep spouting the same unsubstantiated crap and ignore the on-track facts that you have been living in our shadows for some time.

If Jack & Victor Soprano hadn't bailed you lot out, you would have gone to wall, but let's ignore that eh.

As are the "man in the know", care to confirm or deny that the Geraldo & Michael Angelo Facenna :-

a) sent the heavies round to evict Dimitri Berge from his lodgings and repossessed his van, leaving him and his possessions on the street ?

b ) instructed their fellow Directors not to attend the second leg of the Premier League Play Off at Armadale ?

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

Aye keep spouting the same unsubstantiated crap and ignore the on-track facts that you have been living in our shadows for some time.

If Jack & Victor Soprano hadn't bailed you lot out, you would have gone to wall, but let's ignore that eh.

As are the "man in the know", care to confirm or deny that the Geraldo & Michael Angelo Facenna :-

a) sent the heavies round to evict Dimitri Berge from his lodgings and repossessed his van, leaving him and his possessions on the street ?

b ) instructed their fellow Directors not to attend the second leg of the Premier League Play Off at Armadale ?

By my reckoning your unsubstantiated slur will not go un-noticed or are you just going on hear say from the media bull sh*t from the east

You never know keep this up and horses heads may start appearing in your sleep ;) .

But can you confirm have Edinburgh paid Workington yet for the transfer off Craig Cook as i am just going on hear say.

Edited by Gazc

Personally I'm getting fed up with all of this. I just want to watch speedway. As a Sunday suits me I'm of the opinion Edinburgh can race at Armadale on Fridays till the cows come home.

Or at least until the bulldozers move in.

Ah ha, perhaps we're getting to the crux of the matter now. Let's lay the blame on Edinburgh who are legitimately only trying to protect their race night business when in fact, you are now admitting it's the BSPA who should be on the end of all the Tiggers' bitterness.

What about other clubs that have to give up race night/day for the 4s plrc pairs etc and just take it on the chin..........Other agenda here me thinks ;o)

• Like 1