British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2016

at workington we had a guy who had money and power. he soon bailed out when he realized that you cant have it all your own way. so history could repeat itself and the facu,s could soon be handing back the reins to proper speedway people who do bide by the rules, as crap as they are . also seems like harkess still has a wee bit of power in the speedway world . edinbra no meeting , but they still object , while glasgow moan again ...

at workington we had a guy who had money and power. he soon bailed out when he realized that you cant have it all your own way. so history could repeat itself and the facu,s could soon be handing back the reins to proper speedway people who do bide by the rules, as crap as they are . also seems like harkess still has a wee bit of power in the speedway world . edinbra no meeting , but they still object , while glasgow moan again ...

Even for you Jenga this is drivel of the highest order.

• Like 3

Workington did not own there track and from what the bspa say they have only got a objection it will be up to them to give the final say

ame="george.m" post="2747628" timestamp="1457201969"]

The only Friday of the season we don't run is the Cardiff weekend pretty common knowledge.

All this could of been avoided by your promotion picking a different night but they choose to keep trying to intimidate with their cash but it's not going to happen.

As I said in a previous post I think our objection to the meeting being held will get dismissed anyway.

I reiterate. ... Pathetic!

Would never expect you to see the greater good .... That would go against ... Mmmm?

Friday night allows fans to travel from across the UK and enjoy the meeting. Also allows riders riding in Polish league to attend.

If this particular Friday is so important to you guys then why no meeting pencilled in?

You're trying to hold back the tide on behalf of 'your' promotion.

Forget it. ... UK is a bigger pond than Armadale. Bigger fish there.

• Like 2

Glasgow claim that some of the top riders would be in Poland on a Sunday, but aren't the 'top' riders usually seeded to the final anyway, or have the rules been changed?

lets not bother about the facts, just post a throw away comment, spread doubt. Some people come on here and have the nerve to say promoters havnae got a clue yet they post this nonsense. Fact - Woffinden, Harris, Nichols all rode in the semi last year.

I reiterate. ... Pathetic!

Friday night allows fans to travel from across the UK and enjoy the meeting. Also allows riders riding in Polish league to attend.

1. What world do you live in, where folk from across the UK no longer appear to work on a Friday??

2. Riders who race in Poland manage to catch flights after racing on a Saturday night in various leagues across Europe and still arrive in time

Couldn't they do this if the meeting were scheduled for the Saturday night that week??

If anyone's being pathetic, it's YOU!

lets not bother about the facts, just post a throw away comment, spread doubt. Some people come on here and have the nerve to say promoters havnae got a clue yet they post this nonsense. Fact - Woffinden, Harris, Nichols all rode in the semi last year.

No need for the clever remarks, If I'm mistaken then fair enough. By the way, I have NEVER ever written a post denouncing promoters.

1. What world do you live in, where folk from across the UK no longer appear to work on a Friday??

2. Riders who race in Poland manage to catch flights after racing on a Saturday night in various leagues across Europe and still arrive in time

Couldn't they do this if the meeting were scheduled for the Saturday night that week??

If anyone's being pathetic, it's YOU!

Yeh right!

In my world you can get Friday off work.

In my world you don't like a post then challenge it.

But hey....

Surely its not taken this event for you to realise this. There are decades worth of the stuff.

Yet your promotion have the arrogance to come into a sport and think they can chuck cash at everything and think they'll get everything they want.

Yet your promotion have the arrogance to come into a sport and think they can chuck cash at everything and think they'll get everything they want.

The Promotion feeling the burn now are they?

And why are there new promoters in at Embra now? To take money out of the club?

Really starting to scratch the bottom of the barrel when you are using emotion.

So the rest of the forum can now take it that as the official mouth piece for the Embra promotion you are confirming the Edinburgh objection is personal!

Edited by george.m

Chucked cash at their product and improved the experience beyond all recognition. As far as I'm aware the only issue they have encountered in doing that is Edinburgh Speedway blocking their change of race day.

• Like 2