British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2016

New airfence on order. :t::cheers:

It's currently being made, I saw it a few weeks ago along with Belle Vue and Coventry's new fences.

Good question. don't know the answer. ;):cheers:

Price.

Why not a foam-fence? Acknowledged throughout the sport as superior to air-fences. Air barriers are only better when there is a need for removal after every meeting, as at a greyhound stadium.

A bold statement, would you care to print that acknowledgement and it's sources. I only know of 2 clubs using a foam fence Berwick and Kings Lynn, there maybe others, but most us an air-fence. i know of no study as to whether one is better than the other.

A bold statement, would you care to print that acknowledgement and it's sources. I only know of 2 clubs using a foam fence Berwick and Kings Lynn, there maybe others, but most us an air-fence. i know of no study as to whether one is better than the other.

Here's a good comparison. You can see the benefits.

http://www.championproducts.info/speedwaybarriers

Here's a good comparison. You can see the benefits.

http://www.championproducts.info/speedwaybarriers

Thanks for the link, of advertisment for both products. I am sure the manufacturer wants to sell the dearer product. The question was where is the study, as to is one better than the other. I like the polyfoam fence we have at Berwick, however most international meetings including the GPs a run using inflateable safety barriers. Both safety fences have their fors and againsts, it is a matter of choice, and of course price.

It's the best comparison I've seen.

I don't know if there is any research.

What I would say is that you don't see riders going underneath the polyfoam fences, or rebounding back.

I'm sure there are differing opinions throughout the sport.

Have had riders who claim the poly foam fence stops them dead, and throws them forwards, but also the inflatable fence grabs their bars. Jury's out I suppose.

Have had riders who claim the poly foam fence stops them dead, and throws them forwards, but also the inflatable fence grabs their bars. Jury's out I suppose.

Thing is with the inflatable ones is that they can be varied for pressure. Blow them up hard and riders and bikes get catapulted back onto the track. Blow them up soft and the momentum is absorbed into the bag and the riders safer.

Edited by Tsunami

why go to ibrox when you have a state of the art stadium ?

No where big enough in the stadium to accomodate the audience indoors and we can't have Niggle and kelvin sitting out in the open on a cold scottish evening :lol:

Looking forward to tatum and pearson and just read all tickets have been sold :t:

• Like 1

Thing is with the inflatable ones is that they can be varied for pressure. Blow them up hard and riders and bikes get catapulted back onto the track. Blow them up soft and the momentum is absorbed into the bag and the riders safer.

We are still talking about airfences here, aren't we? :P:rofl:

• Like 2