British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2016

Lawson. GREAT to have it confirmed.

The other 3 is a complete mystery, still, but Lawson, Summers, Barker is formidable.

There the potential there to have a phenomenal top 2 when Barker is back on it and an equally stupendous 3rd heat leader in Summers. Then 3 alone should be capable of scoring 30-35 points a meeting leaving the bottom 4 to score 4-5 each.

I've not seen him mentioned but if Kozza Smith returns on his 5ish average then the rest of the league may as well give up.

Edited by SCB

If you have a bigger budget you might as well spend it like Glasgow are

Lawson is the kind of rider that can easily be taken for granted in that, he is a bit dull, I mean that with respect in that he for the most part rather blandly scores loads and loads of points. If the Glasgow team plays out as expected, eg Worral next, the bottom 3 really don’t have to do very much at all.

It’s always a great theory saying you need strong reserves, and you typically do, but if your top 4 are that strong the reserves really don’t matter that much, I would say that is where this team will contrast from the Glasgow side of 04, that was a strong top 4 without much improvement and a tendency for parts to go missing, this side has a top 4 who could put points on their average, and quite likely 2 or 3 points, if anyone builds a stronger side on paper I will be surprised.

Edited by sparkafag

Was Richard's signing only announced today ? I read about it in the Speedway Star this morning !!!!!!!!!!! did the Speedway Star scoop the internet and Mr Blobby ???????????? deary me :lol:

• Like 2