British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Anyone who doubts Holder will be at Poole (unless he gives the UK a miss) next season and beyond has been ignoring plenty of quotes from Chris himself stating he wants to remain at Poole as long as Poole want him. All this 'he needs to go somewhere else' cobblers is just that, cobblers. One mediocre year, for a number of well known reasons, does not a poor rider make.

Not having Darcy with us riding is sad enough, losing Chris too? Nah.

• Like 3

Nobody would doubt Chris's ability, but what we saw last year was not the rider we all know and respect. It is quite obvious all his injuries had taken its toll, coupled too that the unfortunate accident to his buddy left Chris with a lot of mental pressures. Having a decent break this winter, could rekindle his appetite, but probably he need to re-access what's important to him. Going back to Poole might not be a good idea. Cutting back on his work load might be the answer. Its something that only he knows what's best.....

Whatever he decides, I wish him well, and hope we see again, the rider that only a few years back was top of the world.....

• Like 1

Nobody would doubt Chris's ability, but what we saw last year was not the rider we all know and respect. It is quite obvious all his injuries had taken its toll, coupled too that the unfortunate accident to his buddy left Chris with a lot of mental pressures. Having a decent break this winter, could rekindle his appetite, but probably he need to re-access what's important to him. Going back to Poole might not be a good idea. Cutting back on his work load might be the answer. Its something that only he knows what's best.....

Whatever he decides, I wish him well, and hope we see again, the rider that only a few years back was top of the world.....

Chris has cut his schedule - he's not doing the Aussie Championships!! He's done his 2 Aussie individual meetings after Melbourne before heading back to UK - where he'll take a break and re-group.

If he decides to give the Uk a miss, he would need to be based elsewhere because of visas - wouldn't he? Edited by Steve0

Obviously he isn't on the list because he didn't ride here last season and he has a average below 6.5. That must be the criteria which like the heat leader list hasn't been published. i don't think promoters help themselves by keeping these things secret. It could be said there is a reason to publish the heat leader list when all riders have been signed but there is no reason why the criteria cannot be published.

But King has same average and is on the list. I'm confused about what the criteria is!!

He rode here last season, Hans is a lower average and he is on the list.

Matt Ford says its 2 HLs from the list to be announced within the week - so it won't be Shamek as he didn't ride here this year.

Just to emphasise, the HL list and its criteria has been agreed by ALL promoters.

What the Poole announcement still does not clarify is whether Buzz will actually line-up as a Poole heat leader, due to his higher 2014 average than Hans' 2015 average or will Hans be the HL and Buzz the 2nd string? Either way Matt Ford has stolen the march on some of the other promoters, which probably explains why Mick Horton made the comments he is said to have made at the NSSC fans meeting.

Matt Ford says its 2 HLs from the list to be announced within the week - so it won't be Shamek as he didn't ride here this year.

Just to emphasise, the HL list and its criteria has been agreed by ALL promoters.

What the Poole announcement still does not clarify is whether Buzz will actually line-up as a Poole heat leader, due to his higher 2014 average than Hans' 2015 average or will Hans be the HL and Buzz the 2nd string? Either way Matt Ford has stolen the march on some of the other promoters, which probably explains why Mick Horton made the comments he is said to have made at the NSSC fans meeting.

Well the quote from Matt Ford in the paper at the time of Bucko's announcement stated he would be in a heat leader berth.

I think Buzz will start as second string even though he has a higher average than Hans, but I think you will see this with other teams as they are announced too. Holder and Electric will be the last two.

That's not what Matt Ford said in the paper.

Edited by foreverblue

I wouldn't believe all you read in the papers :lol: I would go with the information on the Poole website.

It was a quote directly from Matt Ford, he said he will be in a heat leader berth.

But Shamek is over the 6.5 average which i understood was part of the criteria for a heat leader.