British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Sadly thats where you are very wrong. Matt doesn't cheat, he knows the rules better than anybody else, and he knows riders better than anybody else. THAT is his job. And the sooner other promoters get that message and start being a little more speculative and stop signing the obvious the better they will be.

And i would gurrantee you now, Matt will have 2017 on the agenda after he has released next years team. THATS, how far he is ahead of the game. Now, do have a nice winter..

Matt Ford is s self confessed cheat from way back in 2004. People accused Middlo but Ford said it was he who instructed the cheating.

I hear and see all these moans about poole...the crazy gogglegate this year even, that wasn't poole"s problem, they got the run of the green, these things happen..i was around when john berry got similar accusations, it happens to all successful teams

right again! matt ford and john berry, neither riders, but awesome business men, and its a shame more men like these are not around.

I prefer these in charge than any ex rider myself..(mind you, there are some poor ones)!!

I think maybe Newman had a hand in thinking he could ride against regulation (or rulebook).

Is that where we are now, cheat and if you get away with it, we'll all well and good.

Disgraceful.

Matt Ford has been critised for years about breaking rules but in the truth he is simply making the most of the situation and the riders to make it a winning combination.

He can find out how to get the best of a rider and fit them into the role needed and after a great season they can be forgotten about on a high average but I know from one rider he really looks after them while they wear the teams colours.

Success can breed contempt and after all the success Poole has had with him in charge it brings out the jealousy disguised as hatred but it has to be admired the way he can build a team to get the end results.

Cradley Heath had the same under Colin Pratt but he knew every little detail and all the planning gets the right combination and results so I applaud Matt Ford and hope he carries on doing what he is doing but this time not winning !

• Like 1

There is a misconception amongst Poole fans that they are hated for the right reasons.

I don't think any fan generally gives a monkeys how many times Poole win it to be honest. It's the politics and back handed corruption that are getting people down.

what the rhetoric keep accusing non poole fans of jealousy is totally wrong on all accounts

no way jealous , poole are title favourites every year ,

wouldnt it be better for speedway if poole for once were the underdogs , and didnt continully fiddle the averages in order to start every season with the strongest team on paper

every title win is being tinged with controversy, it seems someone high up always tends to want poole to win........

If poole won it being the underdogs at least you could say it was sheer determination or excellent coaching skills or management tactics etc , and no controversy!

at the moment the title is being decided by averages or the fiddling there of ,

as for next years squad well lets wait and see which of frosts assets has a 'bad' run of form :rofl:

theres very little credit given to poole and matt ford on this site, you all feel your right to have a pop, again, I have no connection with poole, but if pearson/tatum drool over them, its probably because

they see a side with fire/ambition/passion/drive..they peak at the right time..i once watched Rickardsson

deliberately throw a race at saddlebow road, so the tactical move could happen..was there 30 pages of moaning on here? certain riders deliberately roll at the start, riders stay down when fell off, theres loads of aspects of cheating, get over it..matt ford has turned a dull side of the 70s into a major

force in british speedway, I sure know most clubs would envy a promoter like that..i personally would love Coventry towin the title next year, a club/venue I really like attending, great place, such a shame the bulldozers going to knock down that brilliant stand

Matt Ford is s self confessed cheat from way back in 2004. People accused Middlo but Ford said it was he who instructed the cheating.

I think maybe Newman had a hand in thinking he could ride against regulation (or rulebook).

Is that where we are now, cheat and if you get away with it, we'll all well and good.

Disgraceful.

Disgraceful.

Did Matt actually say that ? I don't think so, your making it up, as usual. You really do have a problem, don't you.. :icon_smile_clown:

Yes he did. 2004 at Eastbourne. Middlo was accused of instructing his riders (Pedersen & Sullivan I think) to throw a race to allow for a tactical on the following heat. People were going mad at him as it was in the face of the "bona fide attempt to race". Fraud said it wasn't Middlo but him that made the call to cheat.

• Like 2

Yes he did. 2004 at Eastbourne. Middlo was accused of instructing his riders (Pedersen & Sullivan I think) to throw a race to allow for a tactical on the following heat. People were going mad at him as it was in the face of the "bona fide attempt to race". Fraud said it wasn't Middlo but him that made the call to cheat.

That's not cheating. It's a tactic, and not a particularly good one either. If he instructed 2 riders to throw a race they could have lost out on a 5-1.

So even if they gained 3 from the tactical, they potentially lost 8 points from a 5-1 to a 1-5 by throwing the race, so they would have lost out.

imo thats not cheating its being tactically aware for the benefit of your team, has been done countless times and will be done countless times in the future by all teams including the world cup as long as the double pointer is around. as for average fixing again this has also continually been done by promotions/ riders since averages came into effect and will continue to do so, it is a jealousy of success the same as edinburgh and mr harkess get.

That's not cheating. It's a tactic, and not a particularly good one either. If he instructed 2 riders to throw a race they could have lost out on a 5-1.

So even if they gained 3 from the tactical, they potentially lost 8 points from a 5-1 to a 1-5 by throwing the race, so they would have lost out.

Mate he wouldn't know tatics from cheating. Clearly he has not a clue what he's talking about and just shouting for the sake of shouting. Another school boy who should be at school.

again riders are approached "illegally,if you want to call it that" all the time in all sports. not cheating imo

Have you forgotten the circumstances surrounding the Kildemand affair, or did you leave them out deliberately to suit your viewpoint?

Or perhaps, the truth of it all never reached Poole stadium. :wink:

Clubs text riders all the time.

Of course but then they don't declare the rider in the side when no deal had be agreed as confirmed by Kildemand. Ford used his position on the mc to do that as Cov were intending to redeclare again with Kildemand a few days later.

Apart from Coventry. They never do anything wrong. Like little angels up there. :D :D

Difference is if we did cheat a few of us Bees fans would admit it and blame our promotion. Only ForeverBlue on here gives Poole any sort of criticism when something 'dodgy' goes on.

• Like 1

Matt Ford on BBC radio this morning stated a new signing/asset is in the last stages of negotiation with his parent club and expect an announcement in the next few days.

Also stated he was 'hopeful' of getting Chris Holder's signature again in a few weeks time!!

Any ideas? You seem to know what is happening! ;)

Of course but then they don't declare the rider in the side when no deal had be agreed as confirmed by Kildemand. Ford used his position on the mc to do that as Cov were intending to redeclare again with Kildemand a few days later.

Difference is if we did cheat a few of us Bees fans would admit it and blame our promotion. Only ForeverBlue on here gives Poole any sort of criticism when something 'dodgy' goes on.

I will always give benefit of the doubt as I know what it was like at Poole before. Fans like Saint Rob starting going after he took over so they find it easier to criticise. Poole is a lot better with Matt Ford there but maybe I do turn a blind eye to it so to speak.

Any ideas? You seem to know what is happening! ;)

I will always give benefit of the doubt as I know what it was like at Poole before. Fans like Saint Rob starting going after he took over so they find it easier to criticise. Poole is a lot better with Matt Ford there but maybe I do turn a blind eye to it so to speak.

You are not the worst offender,many Poole fans turn 2 blind eyes. :D

• Like 2

Absolute crap! I'm always saying that Matt Ford often does some very 'questionable' things....in fact if you go back couple of pages you'll see I said it just yesterday! On top of that Starman and I often lock horns as he defends Matt Ford to the hilt whereas I do not. We both love Poole speedway but view our promotion from different angles. So care to review your statement?

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Absolute crap! I'm always saying that Matt Ford often does some very 'questionable' things....in fact if you go back couple of pages you'll see I said it just yesterday! On top of that Starman and I often lock horns as he defends Matt Ford to the hilt whereas I do not. We both love Poole speedway but view our promotion from different angles. So care to review your statement?

Sorry mate, agree with you there. Point still stands that very few do criticism. Us Bees fans cant wait to criticize, just look a few back on the Cov thread!

• Like 2