British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

If anybody follows Speedway Plus they will see a comment from I think John Stock as to why he no longer goes to Speedway and a glimpse of better days. The demise I blame on Poole and Matt Ford or rather the refusal of others to stand up to him.

Well I blame it on the fact that most promotions are incapable of building competitive teams of which Matt Ford is the master. As has been said plenty of times, ALL teams start off even the second the points limit is set so if you feel the need to blame anyone it should be the 7 other promotions.

• Like 5

Oh you are rather boring arn't you. What the hell are you going to do when we win the league next seHe'll

He'll celebrate the Peterborough connection with our owner propping you up and our club supplying some ammunition.

I agree, but you have to look after your own, Poole as a club come first and formost. Each club has promoters, don't they ? So end of the day its down to them to sign 7 riders who will give entertainment and a posible shout at the title.

Take BV last season, how well they did, any other club could do the same.

quite right, why would any poole fan care about other teams? Poole has won titles when team strengths were strong, over the years

when diluted, poole has still stayed ahead of the game..excellent run club..the fact other teams fans hate poole,reflects the success

• Like 3

the fact other teams fans hate poole,reflects the success

There is a misconception amongst Poole fans that they are hated for the right reasons.

I don't think any fan generally gives a monkeys how many times Poole win it to be honest. It's the politics and back handed corruption that are getting people down.

• Like 4

Poole run the club how Matt see's fit. quote]

...and if Matt sees fit to cheat they cheat. Therein lies the problem.

Sadly thats where you are very wrong. Matt doesn't cheat, he knows the rules better than anybody else, and he knows riders better than anybody else. THAT is his job. And the sooner other promoters get that message and start being a little more speculative and stop signing the obvious the better they will be.

And i would gurrantee you now, Matt will have 2017 on the agenda after he has released next years team. THATS, how far he is ahead of the game. Now, do have a nice winter..

I hear and see all these moans about poole...the crazy gogglegate this year even, that wasn't poole"s problem, they got the run of the green, these things happen..i was around when john berry got similar accusations, it happens to all successful teams

Sadly thats where you are very wrong. Matt doesn't cheat, he knows the rules better than anybody else, and he knows riders better than anybody else. THAT is his job. And the sooner other promoters get that message and start being a little more speculative and stop signing the obvious the better they will be.
And i would gurrantee you now, Matt will have 2017 on the agenda after he has released next years team. THATS, how far he is ahead of the game. Now, do have a nice winter..

right again! matt ford and john berry, neither riders, but awesome business men, and its a shame more men like these are not around.

I prefer these in charge than any ex rider myself..(mind you, there are some poor ones)!!

I hear and see all these moans about poole...the crazy gogglegate this year even, that wasn't poole"s problem, they got the run of the green, these things happen..i was around when john berry got similar accusations, it happens to all successful teams

It does, but other promotions are doing nothing about it. Year after year, they are back signing the obvious, so the bottom line is, other fans need to look closer to home rather than critisising a club that is successful well run and well managed.

teams stick by same riders for far too long. if they not performing, change!...you need a winning mentality..

Exactly. in any sport you have to be ruthless simple as that.

• Like 1

theres fans that moan, cos some say its not all about winning!!...to me, sport IS about winning..im no poole fan,

but they are exactly what teams should be aspiring to be like

Your in it to win it, and anybody that tells me different is a liar. We had a team of 7 riders this season who were good enough to win the league, we would love that to happen every season, but if it doesn't Matt is not frightened to make changes.

Ooohhhhh yes he does.

Got categoric proof have you ? Theres a word for what you just said..

Edited by Starman2006

Got categoric proof have you?

You don't know what your talking about mate. Give it a rest. Yes i left the E out. Ha ha..

Edited by Starman2006

im going to hark on back to foxhall when berry off loaded john Louis...what a massive thing to do, to someone who lead a team to league and ko cup success, but being astute as berry was, Louis" best days were behind him (despite a few good yrs at Halifax and kings lynn),but berry knew the witches couldn't "carry" Louis, if they were to win another title. hence dennis sigalos and john cook gave the team a brand new look, and once again, berrys magic touch won the title..be bold, be brave, but loyalty is not always going

tobring success

• Like 1

Totally missed the point haven't you......I'm really not surprised though!!

Couldn't give a monkeys mate. We are in it to win it, and win Trophies.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1