British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

You lot make me laugh. You don't give toss about the sport as long Poole win. We have a massive problem at the moment attracting top riders, but you want them all to ride for Poole

When we have a points limit far in excess of the quality available, it always lends to unequal teams. That's common sense.........

But please don't worry about that..

Nonsense! Every team start off on an even keel the second the team building limit has been set. Given all of Matt Ford's faults (and I do think he's done some very questionable things over the years) he is the master of building a team with strength in depth year on year. It's not his fault if the other promotions are incapable of doing the same.

I wouldn't exactly call Kings Lynn's team weak the past two seasons, however they just haven't been good enough for whatever reason.

At the moment any team can sign any rider they wish, just as we can. So stop yer bleating fella.

• Like 6

You lot make me laugh. You don't give toss about the sport as long Poole win. We have a massive problem at the moment attracting top riders, but you want them all to ride for Poole

When we have a points limit far in excess of the quality available, it always lends to unequal teams. That's common sense.........

Eh, we do give a monkeys about the sport, but as i said, and Steve's touched on, every club starts at 0 points, you can sign who fits the limit. Now if other clubs do not have the ambition to go further afield and sign riders or pick up on potential that is not our fault.

Matt is a long way ahead of the game, and i would bet you now, Matt will have plans already in place for the 0-17 season !! After we win the league next season.. ;) As for the big boys, we will not get them back to this country unless something radical happens with our race schedual, they are very happy with their lots in Sweden poland and the GP's .Even then, the majority of clubs wouldn't be able to afford them. Why come here for a pittance compared what they get abroad and in the GP'S. I always said the GP's will kill British speedway, its not far off.

Edited by Starman2006

This season just gone the points limit was 40.5 with the 2 EDRs taking 6.5 of those points.

In 2016 the points limit is still 40.5 but in many cases (including Poole) the reserves take up in excess of 7 points - so in real terms the points limit is reduced for the 1-5s!!

And guess what, every team starts with the same opportunities.

(EDIT: I see others have posted similar.)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

What would be the point of that team? Winning every match at a canter is a big put off for home and away fans. That's the last thing the sport needs. Regardless of the quality in the league we need Equality. We want a situation where every club can win and lost at home as well as away .

All teams start relatively 'equal' at the beginning of every season.

And then every year the bottom team always finishes miles behind the top of the league team..!

Usually because the rules don't allow them to strengthen up sufficiently after it becomes abundantly clear (mainly after about a month) that they are not strong enough to compete..

A great system to use to run the sport...😃

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

So Buczkowski has an average i believe attained as a heatleader in 2014 using the same format yet as its under 6.5 he will be a 2nd string. Who thought that one up? Just because he missed a season doesn't detract from how he attained his average.

Does this mean Hans is also a second string then as he average is lower than Buzz?

I read it as Buczkowski missed last season and has an average just under 6.5 so therefore is below the criteria set for 'new' riders. Despite that he rode as a heatleader in 2014 using the same format.

• Like 1

So Buczkowski has an average i believe attained as a heatleader in 2014 using the same format yet as its under 6.5 he will be a 2nd string. Who thought that one up? Just because he missed a season doesn't detract from how he attained his average.

I read it as Buczkowski missed last season and has an average just under 6.5 so therefore is below the criteria set for 'new' riders. Despite that he rode as a heatleader in 2014 using the same format.

They reckon on the Poole forum Buc is heatleader and Hans second string...

Seriously confused now!

looks like the league title will be over before it's begins ,the only 2 teams I thought would get near the points limit were belle vue (with no zagar they could struggle now) and poole who already look like they've got 3 riders who'll up there average

Over the years the differentials in the rides averages have made the CMA a complete joke. We now have Heatleaders; 2nd Strings and Reserves all on the similar scores. What a joke!!!!!!

In my book, both Buck and Hans are heat leaders, and any criteria that make them anything else is fool hardy. Two quality riders....

• Like 2