British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Premier league averages being used meant Newman was lower down the list than he should've/would've been using Elite league averages or performances so they got a better pick in the 2nd reserve.

Only in speedway would promotors let this happen.

Reading the Coventry thread it appears that Howarth is using an EL average, so surely Newman should too..

Newman rode a full EL season too, whilst Howarth didn't..

This just doesn't add up (unless I've missed something)..

To say that I'm not a fan of anything associated with Poole would be an understatement to say the least, but KN does come over as one of the good guys.

I wish him all the best. Just hope he has a couple of poor nights when the bees are around . :D

Kyles a real nice lad. Improved a ton in the last few years, and thats accounting for the nasty injuries he's also had. He has a lot of time for fans and looks after his sponsors very well.

Adam Ellis is also a very nice lad, and im very sure both will work well together..

Edited by Starman2006

So Poole have their choice of No 1 teir rider because you 'protect' him ??

And then as a result have a top choice of a tier 2 rider ?

Surely that is complete nonsense and gives Poole a totally unfair advantage at reserve ?

No different to James Sargeant being protected by Coventry.............

Not sure how we got a top choice of second tier rider.............

Lewis Kerr was a protected rider at Lynn last year as was Ellis at Lakeside............the promoter I believe has the right to choose whether or not their asset is protected.........in most cases it pays to.....

RP

Reading the Coventry thread it appears that Howarth is using an EL average, so surely Newman should too..

But howarth rode in the top 5 so his average counts, so he can now ride at reserve ,but if you were a heat leader in the top 5 your average might be skewwiffy so there are only 3 allowed per team and a second string can have a higher average than a heat leader now ,what's difficult to follow?

Howarth never rode at reserve last year..............I was under the impression all averages were based around their most recent PL average less a certain percentage though I may be wrong..............

RP

Oh God yes! We got lucky with that one. Protecting the worst tier 1 rider. Result. Well done to the Coventry management!!

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there???????????

RP

Do any of you really think that all the other promoters sit on their ar£es and let Poole do what they want? Its only the few same old moaning gits who cannot tolerate success by one club. Until I hear of just ONE promoter putting in a complaint that Poole (M Ford) cheats I shall ever longingly and happily wave the Jolly Roger. And the jealous ones can rot in their own vomit of hatred.

You feeling happy tonight

Don't feel sorry for us :D We are used to it all now, most knew what would happen as soon as the present promoters walked through the door.

It's all going as expected.

Another problem you may have, and i don't mean this scarcastically, you are going to have to find a new Stadium sooner or later. So in the present climate..

Yes cos it's not as if you revel in clubs losing their tracks is it

No i don't mate. I was making a point in reference to Dave Jones post and the fans situation. Nothing like reading a post the wrong way, Eh...DUH..

For a club that appears to have more" chiefs than Indians" they do make some awful decisions.

But then, why should we be surprised?

Youd think one of them would have piped up and suggested this was a stupid idea. It seems they all missed it. Which makes you wonder what the point is of having so many many managers/promoters.

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there???????????

RP

Just a tad :D aimed at our management though. The same ones who let last season go down the swanny when they failed to sign a decent rider.

Youd think one of them would have piped up and suggested this was a stupid idea. It seems they all missed it. Which makes you wonder what the point is of having so many many managers/promoters.

Just a tad :D aimed at our management though. The same ones who let last season go down the swanny when they failed to sign a decent rider.

That's because I've more brain cells in my left bollo**

• Like 1