British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Chris Harris doesn't fiddle his average each year though does he?? Rides poorly at times until the playoffs, then rides like a world champion in the playoffs as they don't count for averages.

When it's only two riders over 8 points Harris is 7.99....two over 7, Harris 6.99.....Still Coventry and their riders never manipulate the rules as they're whiter than white.........not!!!!

Let's face it all teams do it at sometime...'cough' Troy Batchelor having a couple ef's to lower his average to get Darcy in 'cough'.

Wow Harris must be some sort of mathematical genius to get 00.1 below an average in 2 seasons for a rule that had yet to be decided. Harris obviously doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Hans wasn't lowering his average, he lost 2 points a meeting! How much lost wages is that?

There is zero doubt in my mind that in 2007 Chris Harris was "tweaking" his average in our last 2 or 3 meetings. There were already rumours of a two over 8 rule coming in and he got 7.98 :D

I'm not sure he's done it any other season though. And I'm certain he's not done it all season, it was just them 2 or 3 meetings at the end of 2007. And I'm also certain many riders ease off for the last few meetings if they have something to gain while I very much doubt there is a single rider who has ever fiddled for anything more than 2 or 3 meetings as it's just not worth it.

Hmm Troy Batchelor

Again, he almost certainly did it vs BV, possibly vs Coventry in the meeting before but I doubt he did it before that. But when it become apparent 2 or 3 meetings before new averages were due what was needed to do then they did it.

there will be a cut off point for heat leaders in the averages, no way will someone with a higher average than a heat leader be a second string rider.

Yes they will.

I can't believe how dumb people are being over this.

There are many riders who spent most of the season as a heat leader and have a much lower average as a result. Hans Andersen is one of them. Freddie Lindgren another. Even Chris Holder is much lower.

Others rode mostly as a second string and have higher averages.

The purpose of the list will be to identify those who are genuine heat leaders. Hans Andersen will be one, as will Freddie Lindgren.

What folk aren't figuring out is this is a perfect signing for Poole as along with Holder they have two heat leaders on pretty low averages. They will no doubt add a 3rd.

This will then give them scope to sign second string riders on higher averages... namely Davy Watt. Watt would actually start the season as a heat leader, above Andersen.

The fact that Newman has a lower average than he should also gives them the extra scope to do this.

As per normal Matt Ford knows exactly what he is doing and will snap up the best available riders on the right averages.

• Like 4

As far as i know nothing has even been said that Janowski won't return to Poole,maybe likely he won't but nothing has been said for certain.

Just going on what Magic has said previously, I can't see it. I'm sure it was said in the media that Matt would know by the time of the Aussie GP whether Magic was coming back.

Yes they will.

There are many riders who spent most of the season as a heat leader and have a much lower average as a result. Hans Andersen is one of them. Freddie Lindgren another. Even Chris Holder is much lower.

The purpose of the list will be to identify those who are genuine heat leaders. Hans Andersen will be one, as will Freddie Lindgren.

What folk aren't figuring out is this is a perfect signing for Poole as along with Holder they have two heat leaders on pretty low averages. They will no doubt add a 3rd.

This will then give them scope to sign second string riders on higher averages... namely Davy Watt. Watt would actually start the season as a heat leader, above Andersen.

The fact that Newman has a lower average than he should also gives them the extra scope to do this.

As per normal Matt Ford knows exactly what he is doing and will snap up the best available riders on the right averages.

Perfectly put! 👍

The problem also is that the draft has caused a lot of riders to have false averages anyway..................we have seen riders going between being a heat leader to a second string all season because second string riders ride against reserves anyway as much as they do heat leaders..............this is why there are so many riders with averages like Hans, Dak and Davey have................I think with Tier one (can't remember off the top of my head if it applies to tier 2 as well) EL draft riders being allowed an average after 4 meetings is going to be a good thing................it will allow them to mix with the heat leaders more and give more true averages to all the team............

Be interesting to see who else is brought in or brought back............

RP

Well at the Nov meeting the rest of the BSPA need to scupper his plans then, simples!

And that has to rank as the most stupid comment I have seen so far..................see my previous post about all promoters have the same rules and opportunities..............its just that some use the rules better than others............

RP

Yes they will.

Davey is a difficult one, as is Peter Karisson. In virtually every EL team last year except Poole and arguably Belle Vue , Davey would at times be either floating around the third heatleader role or comfortably in it. The list will include 24 riders but can anybody nam e 23 others riders that are unarguably mo re capable heatleaders than Davey ? It seems to me that there are maybe -10 -15 definite hearleaders, then they are all much of a muchness. Ho w would you choose for example between Rory Schlein, Davey W att, and Joonas Kylmarpi ? They would all do a decent second string job but are hit and miss as heatleaders , who on a good night can go out and win vital races but also have off nights where they struggle to score anything like the points expected of a heatleader.

I suspect that all those on the borderline between on the list and off it will be very contrversial.

Another point is what happens if some on the heatleader list don't get picked ? Do they just not get jobs ?

Davey is a difficult one, as is Peter Karisson. In virtually every EL team last year except Poole and arguably Belle Vue , Davey would at times be either floating around the third heatleader role or comfortably in it. The list will include 24 riders but can anybody nam e 23 others riders that are unarguably mo re capable heatleaders than Davey ? It seems to me that there are maybe -10 -15 definite hearleaders, then they are all much of a muchness. Ho w would you choose for example between Rory Schlein, Davey W att, and Joonas Kylmarpi ? They would all do a decent second string job but are hit and miss as heatleaders , who on a good night can go out and win vital races but also have off nights where they struggle to score anything like the points expected of a heatleader.

I suspect that all those on the borderline between on the list and off it will be very contrversial.

Another point is what happens if some on the heatleader list don't get picked ? Do they just not get jobs ?

Daveys average will make him a heat leader but his average was achieved more as a second string than a heat leader. I'd make him a second string personally. Rory is a heat leader too. Now Kylmakorpi is a damn hard one - probably a heat leader if pushed.

You have to base it on the number of meeting they rode as a heat leader to get their average really. Or you use my figures on the other thread!

And that has to rank as the most stupid comment I have seen so far..................see my previous post about all promoters have the same rules and opportunities..............its just that some use the rules better than others............

RP

Especially if they have inside knowledge not available to others.....

• Like 3

Daveys average will make him a heat leader but his average was achieved more as a second string than a heat leader. I'd make him a second string personally. Rory is a heat leader too. Now Kylmakorpi is a damn hard one - probably a heat leader if pushed.

You have to base it on the number of meeting they rode as a heat leader to get their average really. Or you use my figures on the other thread!

Didnt Watt ride nearly half his meetings as heatleader? He missed a few meetings injured when a 2nd string. Edited by woz01