British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

The rumour mill has started suggesting Poole are about to make a change ahead of the play offs. Milik for Pedersen is gaining momentum but just looking at Holder's demeanour in the past week I do wonder if his position is under threat especially as his away form has been only adequate at best. Who a replacement would be is unclear but it would be good if they stuck to the original 1 - 7 throughout however Matt Ford is not shy at making positive changes as he has shown in the past.

The rumour mill has started suggesting Poole are about to make a change ahead of the play offs. Milik for Pedersen is gaining momentum but just looking at Holder's demeanour in the past week I do wonder if his position is under threat especially as his away form has been only adequate at best. Who a replacement would be is unclear but it would be good if they stuck to the original 1 - 7 throughout however Matt Ford is not shy at making positive changes as he has shown in the past.

Can't see them getting rid of Chris if they want Jack in the team next year.

What rumour mill, I have seen nothing to suggest this?

He hasn't taken that chance since 2010 but it seems he is taking that chance this year with some riders under performing at the wrong time. The riders we have are good enough but they need to prove it.

Riders don't want to be saddled with too high an average for next season. When the play-offs start, you will see an improvement

Too many riders not in form to seriously challenge this season. Reputation made us favourites but when the going gets tough it seems some of our team are happy to collect half a dozen points towards their wages without taking any risk.

Too many journeymen. Next year Matt needs to go with a younger lineup of riders with more of an appetite to battle.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Too many riders not in form to seriously challenge this season. Reputation made us favourites but when the going gets tough it seems some of our team are happy to collect half a dozen points towards their wages without taking any risk.

Too many journeymen. Next year Matt needs to go with a younger lineup of riders with more of an appetite to battle.

Yeah agree but we ain't finished yet, we still have a good chance they just need to perform at the level they are capable of.

Poole aren't fooling me.

Under perform leading up to the semis and then everyone fires as per usual.

They have form for it and league titles as proof .

Everyone seems to be running scared of a Woffy inspired Wolves but Poole and the Aces will have messed up badly if either fail to win the title after being the best teams on paper and on track all season long.

Wolves have been the massive underdogs all season long and continue to be so.

However I will acknowledge they are the surprise packets to cause an upset.

Edited by stevebrum

If you replace your second heat leader with the World Champion you aren’t underdogs/surprise packets anymore – it is the reason the change was made to thrust Wolves into a side who could confidently say “we are in this race now” it has galvanised them.

The culture and perception of fans on here saying “no chance for team X/Y or Z” is slightly odd, happens in the PL as well. It doesn’t actually matter if fans on here say, for example - “I support Poole and think they might win the title” people saying that doesn’t impact the results of meetings. :lol: