British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Nothing wrong with Jack's signing & I replied to the wrong post as meant James Holder.

Agreed again as James is/was the weakest rider of the Holder siblings and that's the reason why Matt Ford never signed him. If I recall correctly he did have a go round Wimborne Road a couple of years ago, but he was way off the pace of Chris at the time.

Agreed again as James is/was the weakest rider of the Holder siblings and that's the reason why Matt Ford never signed him. If I recall correctly he did have a go round Wimborne Road a couple of years ago, but he was way off the pace of Chris at the time.

Should've put a burger in front of him as he would've gone quicker then😀

Clubs have ex riders living in Australia who talent spot at local meetings and then talk to the likes of Matt, Rosco and others as well as Australian riders that are already over here that get to hear of good youngsters.

We have had a few Australian youngsters join Swindon, some of whom were recommended and others who came over on spec and put themselves about.

Poole also seem to have a continual supply of Australian youngsters.

I bet Matt has already signed up Chris Holders son :wink:

As I said earlier James Holder WAS signed by Matt Ford as a Poole asset.

Is that Lemo, the Poole asset?! :D:wink::cheers:

Lemo was a Poole asset but he was sold a couple of seasons before he retired, not sure who to but it could have been either Newcastle or Plymouth.

Clubs have ex riders living in Australia who talent spot at local meetings and then talk to the likes of Matt, Rosco and others as well as Australian riders that are already over here that get to hear of good youngsters.

We have had a few Australian youngsters join Swindon, some of whom were recommended and others who came over on spec and put themselves about.

Poole also seem to have a continual supply of Australian youngsters.

I bet Matt has already signed up Chris Holders son :wink:

Bound to get a Max!

• Like 1

As I said earlier James Holder WAS signed by Matt Ford as a Poole asset.

Is that Lemo, the Poole asset?! :D:wink::cheers:

Lemo was a Poole asset but he was sold a couple of seasons before he retired, not sure who to but it could have been either Newcastle or Plymouth.

Strange that Speedway Star were still referring to Lemo as a Poole asset in an article a few weeks ago?! :P

Certainly don't remember him being sold must of been one of Scottyfan's dreams, bit like his score predictions!

I can assure you Lemo WAS sold to Newcastle on a full transfer in 2010......Check out the British Speedway website under rider index and you will clearly see he was sold to the Diamonds on the 24th November 2010, it's there in black and white!!!!!

I won't hold my breath for yours and Skidder1's apology!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 1

I can assure you Lemo WAS sold to Newcastle on a full transfer in 2010......Check out the British Speedway website under rider index and you will clearly see he was sold to the Diamonds on the 24th November 2010, it's there in black and white!!!!!

I won't hold my breath for yours and Skidder1's apology!!!!!

I must be looking in the wrong place or on the wrong website as I can't find him. any chance of a link?!!

How ever I do have an article relating to his testimonial plans which clearly states he' was contracted to Poole for the entirety of his racing career'!

Not to worry, eh?!

Edited by Skidder1

I must be looking in the wrong place or on the wrong website as I can't find him. any chance of a link?!!

How ever I do have an article relating to his testimonial plans which clearly states he' was contracted to Poole for the entirety of his racing career'!

Not to worry, eh?!

His testimonial was in 2009 at Somerset, so the article was way out of date when he signed for Newcastle in 2010 as Scottyfan has already explained!!!!!

Not to worry, eh?!

What a surprise you still think you are correct. For an ex journalists, your not very good at finding out facts!!!!

Try Wikipedia if you can't find the British speedway Website rider list. Just type in Mark Lemon and read it for yourself, because you are 100% wrong about him being a Poole asset until he retired!!!! He was A Newcastle asset from 24th November 2010!!!!

What a surprise you still think you are correct. For an ex journalists, your not very good at finding out facts!!!!

Try Wikipedia if you can't find the British speedway Website rider list. Just type in Mark Lemon and read it for yourself, because you are 100% wrong about him being a Poole asset until he retired!!!! He was A Newcastle asset from 24th November 2010!!!!

I did see it on wikipedia so apologies for casting doubts on your superior knowledge.

I did see it on wikipedia so apologies for casting doubts on your superior knowledge.

Thank you FB, I do know a little about Lemo as I was a big fan of his right from when he first came over as a 17 year old way back in 1990 and did demonstration races before, during and after the meetings against Justin Elkins and Jason Crump.

I seem to recall the fee Newcastle paid was fairly small because of his age (he would have been 36/37 at the time) of about £1000, but it may have been less not 100% sure on the exact fee, I just know it wasn't much.

I don’t think there has been anything magical about Poole’s talent spotting, nor should there be really they have the biggest budget so why shouldn’t they sign riders who are seen as “sure things” or as close to a sure thing as you are likely to get, which both Holder and Kurtz were. It was well known from an early age both were highly rated.

It probably surprises me more that with the budget they have missed out on riders of the ability of Fricke or ended up having to pay such an excessive fee for Ward as both were equally as rated from an early age.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 2

I don’t think there has been anything magical about Poole’s talent spotting, nor should there be really they have the biggest budget so why shouldn’t they sign riders who are seen as “sure things” or as close to a sure thing as you are likely to get, which both Holder and Kurtz were. It was well known from an early age both were highly rated.

It probably surprises me more that with the budget they have missed out on riders of the ability of Fricke or ended up having to pay such an excessive fee for Ward as both were equally as rated from an early age.

They are not equal in ability though are they. Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder will both prove to be better riders than Fricke in my opinion.

Edited by foreverblue